It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Railroads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Couldn't find anything in the search, but I'm wondering. About a year ago some people requested that a railroad forum be introduced into ATS. Any word on this happening? I'm a trainman for Union Pacific and I believe it would be cool to have a forum dedicated to railroads, even conspiracies for railroads, or even general questions that can be answered and shared by railfans (I'm not one of them but I could answer questions about stuff and perhaps tell people when a cool train is leaving a certain area and where it's going).

Any thoughts?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by boomer135

As long as it is not filled with threads containing pictures of automax cars that people insist are for transporting people to FEMA camps, I am all for it. BTW, I am a licensed locomotive engineer buf it has been a few years since I payed into Railroad Retirement. If I learn enough Polish, I might try to get a job doing that here.

I understand what you mean about railfans, I grew out of it in my teens, but seeing something under steam still gets those juices flowing. I am a railfan in the sense that such cool machines are responsible for the careers of my mother, father, their fathers, and my mothers great grandfather. Oddly enough, they all worked for the Milwaukee Road! Anyways, in short, there is an airplane forum, so why not a train forum? We could post pictures of cool soviet or german war trains!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by steppenwolf86

I'm all for it, and yes I can't stand the people saying autoracks are people herders. lol. Let's see if we can get some more people involved and maybe the mods will take a look at this.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
little bump from the past. Out of all these members, is there anyone interested in a railroad forum?

new topics

top topics

join