It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen Couple Found Shot in Texas Park

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by PurpleChiten

So we have no information to go on, yet we are going to jump on the " oh it's cause they were gay" bandwagon?

This is getting ridiculous. Doesn't matter why they were murdered, the fact is they were murdered. Sexual orientation has nothing to do with it.

Getting so fed up of Gay being used as some excuse to be a victim. I didn't gay park my car today, or go to gay lunch.

Gay is not some label that you can apply to things and think it matters. People place FAR too much importance on their sexual orientation as a means of identity.

All murders are horrendous, regardless of circumstances.

~Tenth

Yes, I jumped the gun on that one. My nephew is gay and I get very defensive when I feel they are being attacked. I think the headline that was used led me to over react some.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by BrainGarden
These Girls were not hurting anyone,
this is messed up. I would look into
Possible jilted ex's, Male and female.
sad very sad.( I bet it was an Ex.)

My bet would be on an extremist fundamentalist

Do you have any sort of precedent to base that on? i.e. names, dates, locations of other homophobic murders done by "fundamentalists"?

If you want to use the Matthew Shepard incident, sorry, but keeping with the fundementals of the Bible, a fundamentalist wouldn't be in a bar, unless he was sharing the Gospel to the patrons.

(I won't hold my breath for the response)

No, I let the headline and personal experience influence my emotions concerning it and got defensive for the sake of a relative. I shouldn't have reacted so quickly.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Nah it's ok, I'm gay and I get this crap all the time, so sorry about that, it just upsets me that people are continuing to use such a non-issue thing as a means to push a " were a victim" type mentality.

Now it would not suprise me that they were murdered because of some bigot in Texas. Sure, why not, could very well been what happened.

I just don't think it's that relevant in the grand scheme of things.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Nah it's ok, I'm gay and I get this crap all the time, so sorry about that, it just upsets me that people are continuing to use such a non-issue thing as a means to push a " were a victim" type mentality.

Now it would not suprise me that they were murdered because of some bigot in Texas. Sure, why not, could very well been what happened.

~Tenth

I didn't realize you are gay. I have seen friends and family go through sheer hell due to people's bigotry and hatred and it angers me so I do get defensive on their behalf. I actually had a very good conversation with my nephew about this story just this morning. I think he probably gets less defensive than I do sometimes. I just want to protect him from any "hurt" I guess.

I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case, but also hope it isn't. I probably should have waited for the investigation to get further before automatically assuming it played a part, but the headline did push me in that direction. There really was no reason for them to state "Lesbian couple" and automatically leads people to that line of thought.

I can only imagine what the parents are going through that lost their daughter and the parents who are hoping for the recovery of theirs. It's definitely a tragic story regardless of whatever motivation may have been involved.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Disgusting. This is why we bring the guns in the park now - so we can protect ourselves from wild animals and shooters. I guess you have to figure a way to spot a shooter while you are distracted enjoying life, which should be the reason you came to the park in the first place - not to shoot someone.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
"the bible told me to do it"
"yeeeha!"
*sarcasm*

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

This is getting ridiculous. Doesn't matter why they were murdered, the fact is they were murdered. Sexual orientation has nothing to do with it.

Wondering how you know this at this stage of the investigation?
I don't think you can rule it out. I don't think the cops have.

There are killers who target homosexuals. You probably are unaware these types of sadistic socio-paths even exist, which might be a good thing, but out in the world it is a real fear, especially if you are homosexual.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I've hear on Howard Stern show recently taped snippets of preachers,young and old, asking for the deaths of homosexuals. Killing them is the message. And they quote the bible. This has to be based off some weak minded individuals carrying out the twisted message of twisted people. No different that the Amans telling their parisionares to go out and kill non beleiving Christians.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrkn4livn

I've hear on Howard Stern show recently taped snippets of preachers,young and old, asking for the deaths of homosexuals. Killing them is the message. And they quote the bible. This has to be based off some weak minded individuals carrying out the twisted message of twisted people. No different that the Amans telling their parisionares to go out and kill non beleiving Christians.

Unfortunately, all religions have extremists and those extremists damage all religions

There does seem to be a growing abundance of them these days

....there is nothing I would love more than when Christ returned, he would break the news to those extremists that he's actually gay and crush their hateful little hearts. ... not that he is, but there's always a possibility and that doesn't change my dedication to him in any way

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Very sad that two teenagers were murdered

usnews.msnbc.msn.com...

It is unknown whether it was motivated by homophobic hatred or not. It could possibly be a random attack.
Either way, it's horrible that murderous, horrendous people are walking free in our society.
If it is, indeed, a hate crime, this is going to be a VERY BIG one!!! Especially since they were teens on top of it.
I would say "may God have mercy on the souls of the shooters", but I can't bring myself to ask for mercy for them

edit on 27-6-2012 by PurpleChiten because: corrected typo

My guess is the pathetic excuses for humans that did this are Christian and think they did them a favor. I am sure they are proud of themselves because God hates faggots and Lesbo's too and they are destroying our country ruining the sanctity of marriage and raising children to be faggots and rugmunchers. Praise Jesus!

Just to clarify, that is a parody. I am not religious and I actually hate religion because it makes people into hate filled warmongers.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

~Tenth

I didn't realize you are gay. I have seen friends and family go through sheer hell due to people's bigotry and hatred and it angers me so I do get defensive on their behalf. I actually had a very good conversation with my nephew about this story just this morning. I think he probably gets less defensive than I do sometimes. I just want to protect him from any "hurt" I guess.

I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case, but also hope it isn't. I probably should have waited for the investigation to get further before automatically assuming it played a part, but the headline did push me in that direction. There really was no reason for them to state "Lesbian couple" and automatically leads people to that line of thought.

I can only imagine what the parents are going through that lost their daughter and the parents who are hoping for the recovery of theirs. It's definitely a tragic story regardless of whatever motivation may have been involved.

It may also be that the parents were unaware their children were gay. If so it will be doubly hard for them if they are religious which is why their children would not have told them in the first place. Finding out your child was murdered and then finding out they were gay is probably going to be life changing and depending on the fundamentals of the parents could lead to more deaths or suicide.

I hope they were good parents and are not surprised by the sexual orientation. That would ease my mind some and allow me to just hate the person/persons who did this.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by onecraftydude

The article stated that it was well known and accepted, so the parents most likely knew.

I asked the mods to change the thread title to try to avoid some of the reactions that I, myself, was also subject to.

Now we can concentrate on the loss of the young life and the serious injury to the other

Things like this (murder/assault) are always horrendous, but even more so when the victims are so young

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I live near this city and the Cops have already said that there is no evidence that they were killed because of their sexual orientation.
The "rumors" going around are that yes these girls were gay but they are looking into the jealous ex boyfriend motive, which can happen regardless of the victims sexual orientation.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Anyway, one of the girls lived so im sure some light will be shed on this case, if their hasnt already.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Ah, theyre gay. Clearly thats why they were shot. If someone who is jewish was shot by a non jew, clearly its antisemitism. And if i shot a black guy, its obvious im a racist.

If i shot an arab its because i hate arabs. If i shot a woman its because im a misogynist. If i shot a polish man, i hate poland.

Oh, and im a gun nut. Clearly if i shoot someone, its only because i had a gun (or ten). No, i probably would have killed them anyway

Seriously people? This is just like the idiots that say im racist cause i hate obama and liked bush. Funny thing is i "hated" bush too (i dont actually hate). Guess no one listened all the times i complained about bush.

So, perhaps people kill people because they hate an individual and not a whole group. Perhaps these girls had done something to "deserve" it (not saying anyone deserves to be shot, but people who murder people are obviously messed up in the head!) .....the fruits of this persons karma will be a bitch!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by brukernavn

perhaps the fact it was a lesbian couple that was killed? think thats where the homophobia thing comes into play

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Btw, there is very little crime in Portland and pretty much Zero gang activity.

I know why people are all over this as a hate crime-- Texas+Gay= Hate crime

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Hears to hoping the girl recovers with enough memory to identify her attacker(s).

Poor girl. This will be tough to come back from.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
You know, i got so busy ranting that i forgot to mention the murder itself. Oops.
I just couldnt imagine how id feel if this happened to me, if my girlfriend was shot right in front of me. I dont think i could ever love again...# like this makes me glad i have a ccw. Sure, my gf would be dead but so would the piece of trash that killed her. I bet this girl goes all "omg guns are horrible" after this...but hopefully she goes pro gun on us instead. She should be packing heat after this.

I never understood why people kill eachother. I would never kill someone unless it was in self defense or defending the constitution or the world. And i dont mean the kind of defense they spend the defense budget on lmao

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I think whoever shot these young women...may either know them and/or been following their habits for a while...where they go; what they do etc. I think whoever shot them...planned the attack.

My heart goes out to all their friends and families. One of the young women is still alive...I hope and pray she recovers and can tell the investigators what happened.

usnews.msnbc.msn.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join