It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen Couple Found Shot in Texas Park

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Very sad that two teenagers were murdered

usnews.msnbc.msn.com...

It is unknown whether it was motivated by homophobic hatred or not. It could possibly be a random attack.
Either way, it's horrible that murderous, horrendous people are walking free in our society.
If it is, indeed, a hate crime, this is going to be a VERY BIG one!!! Especially since they were teens on top of it.
I would say "may God have mercy on the souls of the shooters", but I can't bring myself to ask for mercy for them

edit on 27-6-2012 by PurpleChiten because: corrected typo

edit on 6/27/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Title edited as per request.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
These Girls were not hurting anyone,
this is messed up. I would look into
Possible jilted ex's, Male and female.
sad very sad.( I bet it was an Ex.)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrainGarden

My bet would be on an extremist fundamentalist

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by BrainGarden

My bet would be on an extremist fundamentalist

I don't think it's fair to pre-judge an entire group like that at this point in time, even though that connection could be made.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Homophobia hatred? Are you implying that they may have been killed by a person that hated people that have an irrational fear of homosexuality? That makes sense how, exactly?
edit on 6/27/2012 by brukernavn because: Changed illogical to irrational

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by brukernavn

Homophobia hatred? Are you implying that they may have been killed by a person that hated people that have an illogical fear of homosexuality? That makes sense how, exactly?

Yes, that is what I am implying as it is the first thought that crossed my mind. There is no evidence pointing to that at this time, but it is my "gut feeling".
I do hope that I am wrong.

ETA: I misread what you wrote and thought it said "AND have an illogical fear..."
Sorry for the misunderstanding
edit on 27-6-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

It's obvious the police know something they aren't sharing.

“It appears as if … this was not just a random attack but that’s something that we really have to develop over time.”

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Those poor girls....so young. My heart goes out to the family and friends of the victims. I hope whoever did this is caught and justice is served. ;_;

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout

It's obvious the police know something they aren't sharing.

“It appears as if … this was not just a random attack but that’s something that we really have to develop over time.”

It's called an investigation.. why would the law jump to conclusions in a murder/assault case and share it with folks who are already being led into a preconceived motive 3 days on by MSNBC's headline?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

It's called an investigation.. why would the law jump to conclusions in a murder/assault case and share it with folks who are already being led into a preconceived motive 3 days on by MSNBC's headline?

Yeah, I probably shouldn't be so hasty... my sympathy and prayers go to the young lady who was killed and to her family and friends and hopes for recovery to the one who is hospitalized

ETA: LOVE your avatar!!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
It could be be a jilted former lover. I mean, I wouldn't go automatically with gay hater. Oh, they exist all right, but I have had a LOT of gay female friends, and their jealousy is like nothing I've ever seen. When I was in the Army, I used to have to go break these 2 up. It was usually because one thought the other looked at a guy, or sometimes a girl. They would be fighting with fists and throwing furniture - it would scare the CRAP out of me to go try to calm them down when they were fighting, and I think my sergeant knew that, and it was my punishment for being friendly with them. He never turned them in but he didn't like gays.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

100% Agree with that..

The sad reality lately is that too many young folks are killed these days...

too many.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

For now, I guess we should concentrate on the horrible loss of a teen life and another seriously wounded and hope that whoever did this for whatever reason is caught and brought to justice as another member stated.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

100% Agree with that..

The sad reality lately is that too many young folks are killed these days...

too many.

I agree. The loss of any life is horrible, but it's even worse when it's the young. They had so many years ahead of them and so much potential... I can only imagine the pain and heartache the parents are feeling

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

So, it is your gut feeling that somebody hates people that have an irrational fear of homosexuals so much that this person went out and killed homosexuals? Obviously, if you hate people with an irrational fear of homosexuality you are likely to be PRO homosexuality, not go out and kill homosexuals.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by brukernavn

i agree.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Texas, a Republican state.. Republicans fear and have intollerance for homosexuals.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by brukernavn

Maybe you would like to enlighten us as to why you think this happened? If you have no other answers i would suggest not distracting for those who wish to speculate.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by brukernavn

So, it is your gut feeling that somebody hates people that have an irrational fear of homosexuals so much that this person went out and killed homosexuals? Obviously, if you hate people with an irrational fear of homosexuality you are likely to be PRO homosexuality, not go out and kill homosexuals.

No, that's not it at all...My gut feeling was that somebody hated homosexuals and that was the reason for the attack, but there is no evidence yet to support that, so until more details are released, I'm not going to address the possibility any further as it's not appropriate at this time.

ETA: I went back and read the posts again and see where the confusion is. I made edits to be more clear. I understand how you may have taken it wrong. My original post should have read "homophobic hatred" not "homophobia hatred".
Hope that clears things up.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Even the news sources are calling it a "possiable hate crime" and we have seen hate crime come out of Texas many times before.. I would imagine it appropriate to speculate away.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join