It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Rebels Storm pro Assad TV station

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

news.sky.com

EmailGunmen have stormed the headquarters of a Syrian pro-government news channel, planting explosives and killing three employees, state media has reported.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
The war in Syria is being notched up a couple of gears to full speed ahead i believe.....
The Turkish blabber about the lost plane etc is a blatant move to get the ball rolling before the Ruskies show up with a whole shipload of anti aircraft missiles and radar......And the paratroops which could be there within hours of being launched from their bases.
The news that british troops are present with the rebels is also a milestone which i am sure will bring a few more countries to admit participation....
In the west we are going to hear more strident condemnations of the massacres, the plane from turkey, and any other thing that will brutalise the Assad regime in our eyes......
It is a distinct possibility that a chemical attack may be staged for the worlds benefit too.......a false flag event.....
and blamed on the regime.....
news.sky.com
edit on 27-6-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-6-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling

news.sky.com

EmailGunmen have stormed the headquarters of a Syrian pro-government news channel, planting explosives and killing three employees, state media has reported.

So I guess the journalists or employees deserved that, didn't they? Sorry, I do not support terrorist murderers and as bad as Assad is, people like this taking over Syria will only make things worse. Nothing more than terrorists.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

That is something terrorists would do and they planted explosives and kidnapped employers, thats not something freedom fighters would do.
edit on 27-6-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

The article does not state they killed three people, it states three people were martyred and he would not say how they died. Perhaps they attacked the rebels and it was self defense, and the plan was zero casualties. There is not enough info here, but the fact they let that one person goes shows they are better than Assad.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Wrong, they took him to safety away from the TV station and let him go. Killing him is something a terrorist would do. They destroyed government infrastructure, that was spreading pro government propaganda. I am not claiming one way or another whether these rebels were good or bad, but they acted exactly as a freedom fighter would.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Did you even read the article or did you just wrote in hench to support your little Pure Angels Rebels?

killing three employees,

They have killed three employees.

I cant believe there are some idiots still supporting the rebels.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Did you read the article or are you just trolling?

killed three employees

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Wrong, they took him to safety away from the TV station and let him go

Ah sure letting him go so that they can bribe him and threaten him at later point? because if you did read the article you would clearly read that they have killed three employers and yet you still kept trolling that they haven't?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

There is not enough info here, but the fact they let that one person goes shows they are better than Assad.
Its like saying that terrorists and NATO are better then.

The last i checked kidnapping is also a crime and for you to suggest that the rebels are better then Assad?
its like saying the libyan rebels are better then gaddaif.

Well got news for you they aren't.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Since some people cant nor haven't they read it. Here's the quoted blod version from the OP thread.

EmailGunmen have stormed the headquarters of a Syrian pro-government news channel, planting explosives and killing three employees,

The Free Syrian Stormed in a pro-government news channel that even Assad doesn't watch, they stormed while they planted explosives.

And have killed three employees who worked at the news channel.

I wonder how would the families of those three employees feel knowing that there loved ones were killed just because they were working at the news channel?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Since some people cant nor haven't they read it. Here's the quoted blod version from the OP thread.

EmailGunmen have stormed the headquarters of a Syrian pro-government news channel, planting explosives and killing three employees,

The Free Syrian Stormed in a pro-government news channel that even Assad doesn't watch, they stormed while they planted explosives.

And have killed three employees who worked at the news channel.

I wonder how would the families of those three employees feel knowing that there loved ones were killed just because they were working at the news channel?

Can you source that quote? Didnt think so.

"Three journalists and workers were martyred as a result of the brutal terrorist attack," it added, without giving details on how the employees died.

That is from the actual article. Thanks for playing.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Can you source that quote? Didn't think so.
cant you even see on what breaking news thread you are on? i quoted it from thread OP news source are Cant you even read the thread title?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Yeah, and there is no source for the quote, state media of Syria said it. I just quoted you what the actual person at the station said. So again, what is the source of that information, as in the actual article there is nothing that says that.

I can make a headline saying poop tastes like candy, does that count for anything when I then go on to tell you that no one knows what poop tastes like?

That is the difference between me and you, you eat up any information you want to be true, I actually check everything and try to find out what is really going on.
edit on 27-6-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

I am not trying to be rude but i am not sure if your an just troll or a gullible clueless person who doesnt read the actual thread and its source.
Sky News

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

The only gullible one is you. WHO said they killed three men? What person is that information based on? None, it is simply what the Syrian government is saying. I read the source, not the headline, the actual article.

An employee at the station said that the gunmen stormed two of the station's buildings, detained some of the guards then blew up parts of it with explosives.

So first they DETAIN the guards, not kill them.

The unnamed employee claimed the gunmen blindfolded him then drove him away about 200 yards where he heard the explosion.

They then blindfold this employee and drive him to safety.

"Three journalists and workers were martyred as a result of the brutal terrorist attack," it added, without giving details on how the employees died.

The article says three people were martyred, and refuses to say how they died.

You then read the headline and lap it up, even though the meat of the article says nothing of the sort.

You then conclude these people can not possibly be freedom fighters, even though they appear to go to great length to avoid human casualties.

The only gullible person here is you.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
infrastructure is a viable objective in a rebelion.

there's no news how the 3 employes were killed/marterd
maybe they were armed and put up resistance?
it dident say they were not security guards.

maybe they stayed behind not knowing there
were explosives there? or hid after the raid
and got caught in the explosion?

the fact they let 1 employe free
sugests killing the people the wasent there
objective.

and it all seems very well coordinated
sugesting it was planned by the british SF.
edit on 27/6/12 by slaine1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by slaine1978

Who really knows what is happening in Syria, there was a report that a psyop of Assad running away to dishearten the gov't military was planned, they were going to take over the t.v. stations and play this kind of thing.

Syria is a strategic position for any country allied with Israel to bomb Iran. What can any of us "civilized" people thing is real or staged.

How I feel for the people and children of that place, slaughtered for a bunch of war-mongering nations strategy.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by slaine1978

Finally someone with some objective analysis. We do not know what happened. The fact they did not immediately kill security guards and let at least one person go free suggests this IS the work of freedom fighters and NOT terrorists.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Why is Syria strategic for bombing Iran?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join