It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams Reveal Mental Blocks For Law Of Attraction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
For a while now, I have been investigating the principles of reality, which has in large part led me to and centered around the idea of our consciousness being the creator of our own reality. I refer to this as 'Law Of Attraction' in my thread title, as this is the most popular phrase related the basic principle. I worked this out in great detail, both logically and in terms of spiritual evidence. Throughout all of this time, I saw great progressions in my level of consciousness or spiritual progression, and during times of high consciousness there have been various tangible occurences in my reality which confirmed the essence of my ideas.

The experiences were always very significant and synchronistic, and it always lent itself to the idea that there were no limits, but it eventually cycled through to me remaining in the same fundamental 'reality,' along with my consciousness 'coming down.' The lack of what someone would consider tangible long-term effects to my reality in past experiences, combined with the lack of significant experiences at all for the time where my consciousness hasn't been so high, has led me to...be less passionate about the idea. It still has made sense to me logically, and I still have the memory of many previous experiences that seemingly confirmed it, but I have been having some 'confusion.'

Recently , I have began attempting to do real work with lucid dreaming, which I have always had some natural talent with. Through this work, I have begun to make some real progression with my lucid dreaming ability, in various ways. Through the process of my lucid dreaming, however, I have discovered some things. The issues that I have in real life, the complaints I have about the way things are in my life that I don't like, also apply in my dreams. Things I don't like about my life regularly appear, and are difficult to get rid of. Things I want but don't have are difficult to manifest properly. Seeing as how my dreams are most certainly my own creation, the fact that I have the same blocks in my dreams as I have in my reality is telling.

edit on 26-6-2012 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

Lucid dreaming doesn't imply total and complete control over your dreams, though. Despite all your best efforts, you're still at the mercy of your id, which constantly bombards you with random thoughts. These thoughts will always manifest in your dreams, lucid or not. Take control of your dreams, they're still there. Switch environments, still there. It's the nature of the subconscious; just because your conscious happens to be along for the ride doesn't mean that it's calling the shots. Your subconscious is always calling the shots.

What I'm trying to say, is that despite these being lucid dreams, your subconscious is still trying to insert its thoughts into your dream. That's why you're seeing the same patterns in both dream and reality, and you always will see those patterns of reflection. Now that you're dreaming lucid, however, you're able to recall a lot more detail than normal.

new topics

join