It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's About Time. Germany Rules Religious Circumcision on Boys is Assault

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I would think yeah. Perhaps its more that he was well hands on at that age while an infant just goes in the diaper and doesnt have to handle the hose. (LOL)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Yes. The banning of condoms in Africa is another example of an immoral position held by the church.

CJ

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

No but we're talking about some skin here not an organ. They dont lop the whole dick off for cryin out loud !

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

I dont think so. I am not jewish but I've never heard of female circumcision outside of Islam.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

my son had no pain issue with the procedure. After we put the appropriate ointment on him and he was fine, no scab or scar in less than a week. I was surprised by the lack of blood too. I thought it would bleed in the diaper, but it didn't.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I'll leave you to goosestep through this thread.
There are those who see this act of law for what it really is.
Have a nice day.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I did read it and the instances of issues are few and far between. In simple circumcisions, the need for emergency medical attention is not a factor. If it was, the practice wouldn't be as common as it is.

I will again point out that this not being done to protect children because the number of cases are not large enough to warrant this, otherwise, the medical profession would have advised against it.

this is germany removing faith based freedoms. this is one step in the wrong direction for a nation.

it's scary and frightening that Germany, of all nations, would do this to jews and muslims.

What I find telling is the number of people here that are applauding this. This is a government removing a freedom enjoyed by its citizens and, yet, ATS members, who are so untrusting of all things government, are applauding this.

When the totalitarian state comes, y'all will be the first in line for the new badge.

link   

Hold on buddy. The catholic church says no birth control. It also says no sex unless you are married. So, realistically if you follow your relegion faithfully you will never be at risk for sexually transmitted diseases because you are never exposed to it. The church cannot be held accountable for an increase in HIV because they say unless you are married you have no business having sex. If you go by their rules and dont have sex your dont get disease so in reality the church is actually doing its part to quell the spread of AIDS.

I will edit this to say that in countries where the spead of AIDS is so great the use of condoms should be encouraged and the church should stay out of such things.
edit on 27-6-2012 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

I'll leave you to goosestep through this thread.
There are those who see this act of law for what it really is.
Have a nice day.

A progressive enlightened law acknowledging the absurdidty of unnecessary violence against children in the name of God?

CJ

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

you're correct, jews don't have any ceremony like the bris, for the girls.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Hold on buddy. The catholic church says no birth control. It also says no sex unless you are married. So, realistically if you follow your relegion faithfully you will never be at risk for sexually transmitted diseases because you are never exposed to it. The church cannot be held accountable for an increase in HIV because they say unless you are married you have no business having sex. If you go by their rules and dont have sex your dont get disease so in reality the church is actually doing its part to quell the spread of AIDS.

Yeah, uh-huh. Get back to me when you reach Earth.

CJ

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Eww dont I know it. I remember squeezing pus out of the piercing when I went and put in cheap earings. Now thats disgusting.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

I did read it and the instances of issues are few and far between. In simple circumcisions, the need for emergency medical attention is not a factor. If it was, the practice wouldn't be as common as it is.

I will again point out that this not being done to protect children because the number of cases are not large enough to warrant this, otherwise, the medical profession would have advised against it.

this is germany removing faith based freedoms. this is one step in the wrong direction for a nation.

it's scary and frightening that Germany, of all nations, would do this to jews and muslims.

What I find telling is the number of people here that are applauding this. This is a government removing a freedom enjoyed by its citizens and, yet, ATS members, who are so untrusting of all things government, are applauding this.

When the totalitarian state comes, y'all will be the first in line for the new badge.

i agree with you fully
edit on 27-6-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Dookie Master

Nope my kids didnt bleed either.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

you dont know what enlighten is

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Then I guess everyone out there who gets there daughters ears pierced while there a baby is evil and sadistic to. I don't agree with doing it myself either (ear piercings that is least) but I don't think people are cruel or evil for doing it, and if you find circumcision so deplorable to practice On a helpless newborn, what about swallowing a poison to kill a baby that's inside the womb isn't it helpless to, It's not the babies fault you were too stupid to wrap it up.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
A judge using some old fashioned common sense..from Germany. Nice.

Penises are perfect just the way they are, leave them alone you loonies
i mean don't cut them if there's no medical problem.
edit on 27-6-2012 by Exitt because: .

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I suppose our difference lie in "putting your faith" in something. I believe it doens't matter who is doing the morally repugnant thing, church or state. Regardless it needs to be acted and called upon.

CJ

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bigcountry08

No, they are just vain and silly. Has nothing to do with religious mandated sexual mutilation. Nothing.

CJ

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

you dont know what enlighten is

School me a little then.

CJ

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join