It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's About Time. Germany Rules Religious Circumcision on Boys is Assault

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I too am circumcised but I can tell you both you and I had no say in it.

Damn right you had no say. You were a baby (I'm assuming).

My kids have NO SAY over pretty much anything. I'm the parent therefore I make most of the adult decisions.

The whole point of having no say, is a pretty weak point.

You say mutilate, I say cosmetic.

They are MY kids which means they are under MY influence. boo efffing hoo

Go call the wammbulance.
edit on 27-6-2012 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-6-2012 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

I for one am completly for discrimination against any and all barbaric and inhumane practices. Funny how you can rationalize the act of genital mutilation because of religion, even though it is immoral and wrong. How fun the world would be if we all lived under a theocracy.

CJ

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

correct. my son never cried, other than from the initial snip.

my nephew had to have his corrected when he was 5 or 6 and he said it hurt when he went to the bathroom, bathed etc. It's might be easier on the child at the young age.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

Wow. Now that's thought. Go get your kid a penis piercing and parade them around naked.

CJ

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

but not against discrimination against jews and muslims, I guess.

link   
i dont consider the bris a problem. are there self hating jews on ats too?

link   

Now its traumatising ? I dont think so. What proof do you offer that any boy is traumatized by this ? For all three of my boys a day later it was business as usual. They are not traumatized .

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Correct and while circumcision may lessen the sensation for men it does not remove it entirely. When women are circuscised ( is that the correct term ) every part that can feel is removed so that there is no chance at all of sexual pleasure. It is not just the clitoris but the entire vulva that is removed leaving only the vagina which is then sewn so tightly that even menstruation is problematic for these women.

So if they only took a part of the clitoris off you would be fine with it yes?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I also thought about African tribal scarring and some other indigenous peoples painful rights of passage. I did not necessarily think about other posters being anti-semitic or anti-religious.

Some of the discussion is completely leaving out the fact that this is a law developed to directly affect peoples religious belief. I myself only thought about the ramifications of health for the infant. I am glad to read that posters are recognizing that this is also an attack on religious beliefs.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
i am unsure of the bris with women, i know muslims do it. do jews cut women?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by karen61057

correct. my son never cried, other than from the initial snip.

my nephew had to have his corrected when he was 5 or 6 and he said it hurt when he went to the bathroom, bathed etc. It's might be easier on the child at the young age.

It must be recognized that the child is normal as born and that circumcision inflicts loss of a normal body part and leaves a scar. This is contrary to the motto of medicine, “First Do No Harm.”(42)

The unnecessary removal of a functioning body organ in the name of tradition, custom or any other non-disease related cause should never be acceptable to the health profession...and breaches fundamental medical ethics.(43)

Literature abounds with reports, morbidity and death from circumcision Realistic (complication) figure is 2-10%.(20)

Why?

link

CJ

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
What about the parents naming thier kids yellowjello? I bet that's pretty painful! Let's make it agianst the law also!

Sometimes I pick my nose and it bleeds! Better make a law agianst it!

Do we all see where this is going...
edit on 27-6-2012 by ConspiracyBuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

removal of organ? you think a bris cuts off the penis? I dont think that is kosher

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Dookie Master

The first two were kind of like, well everyone I know does this so yeah do it. On the last boy who came much later than the first two I was torn on the decision and ultimately my husband made it that his son would be like him and his brothers. This last boy I watched getting this done and he cried for about 30 seconds and then went back to sleep. ( newborns sleep like nothing else lol )

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

I for one am completly for discrimination against any and all barbaric and inhumane practices. Funny how you can rationalize the act of genital mutilation because of religion, even though it is immoral and wrong. How fun the world would be if we all lived under a theocracy.

CJ

Ok, lets outlaw tooth extractions and gall bladder removals.
There is no need to remove a tooth, it will fall out on its own or rot away.
There is no need to remove gall bladders, people can live with their stones.
While we are at it lets remove everyone with a tattoe to a tiny island in the pacific to fend for themselves.
They are all mutilations in the strictest sense of the term, any psychobabble of justification is to be ignored.
Oh ya lets reserve another island for all the self mutillating lipo suction miscreants.

Your anger is a thinly vieled attack at religion, very obvious.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

but not against discrimination against jews and muslims, I guess.

Hmmm. I AM against them in this practice, yes. I also think the Roman Catholic church should be held accountable for pushing a no condom policy leading to so many aids related deaths in Africa - of course. So by your definition, all things religious are untouchable, no matter how wrong they are?

CJ

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

you gave me eskimosomething dot com for why it's wrong.

I give you the mayo clinic reasons why it might be beneficial

www.mayoclinic.com...=why-its-done

the only con I can find is that it might be painful and there's a risk of infection but there's a risk of infection when you get your ears pierced too.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Ha! Yeah, let your teeth fall out of your head - see how painless that is. I choose to go to a dentist. Babies don't choose to be sexually mutilated. But religion forces the parents to do it. Big difference.

CJ

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

you are an odd creature aren't you?. so now catholics are bad for banning condoms in africa... wtf lol. this justify you hating on religion? ok...
edit on 27-6-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Erm, did you look at the sources posted at the bottom of the page? Why, if it is so good for you, is it not mandated by the medical community?

ETA: You did read the article in the OP, yes? The child needed to be brought back for immediate medical help.
CJ
edit on 27-6-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join