learn more

It's About Time. Germany Rules Religious Circumcision on Boys is Assault

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
Girls are influenced by peers and whatnot without knowing the reason. They just assume, "eww uncircumcised is nasty" just cause her friend told her that.

In fact, uncircumcised ones retain more feelings due to multiple nerve endings in the foreskin(you would know if you had it lol). It also protects against some disease that might be related to urethra. Also when someone is circumcised, these slowly loose some feeling because of the sensitive bump like skin around the head keep rubbing on underwear/cloths.

Im glad to be uncircumcised, what nature intended. You can shove religious mutilation up their ass lol

Also, uncircumcised guys know what else foreskins can be used for
!

Actually no peer of mine influenced my decision, it was one gentleman (and I use that term loosely) that influenced my decision on this particular topic.. he was absolutely disgusting under that skin... and well things he wanted me to do just weren't happening.. Much to his dismay..... and I can tell you there wasn't enough mouthwash in the world to make up for that...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB
I'm circumcised and every girl I've been with has loved it... sooo... nbd.
But yeah! Teach those religious types a lesson! Don't let them have anything! muhahahahahaha

I second this.
And it feels just fine, too!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

Girls are influenced by peers and whatnot without knowing the reason. They just assume, "eww uncircumcised is nasty" just cause her friend told her that.

In fact, uncircumcised ones retain more feelings due to multiple nerve endings in the foreskin(you would know if you had it lol). It also protects against some disease that might be related to urethra. Also when someone is circumcised, these slowly loose some feeling because of the sensitive bump like skin around the head keep rubbing on underwear/cloths.

Im glad to be uncircumcised, what nature intended. You can shove religious mutilation up their ass lol

!

Actually no peer of mine influenced my decision, it was one gentleman (and I use that term loosely) that influenced my decision on this particular topic.. he was absolutely disgusting under that skin... and well things he wanted me to do just weren't happening.. Much to his dismay..... and I can tell you there wasn't enough mouthwash in the world to make up for that...

It appears as if you're saying that you support circumcision solely because one acquaintance of yours thought hygiene was overrated.

How is that different from proclaiming that fingernails should be ripped from everyone's fingers to prevent dirt and "icky stuff" from accumulating under the nail?
edit on 27-6-2012 by Whipfather because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

!

Don't people wash it? do they just jerk off, fall asleep and go to work the next day? lol

But i mean if you made your decision just because of someone with poor hygiene,...
edit on 6/27/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I totally applaud Germany, ear peircing, tattoos or mutilating a childs body against their wishes should be outlawed. I have three children and one boy, the idea of someone holding my baby boy down and chopping of some skin makes my blood run cold.

My ex however had it done in his late twenties due to a health issue and assured me it had made a difference in how it felt during sex. He said it reduced his enjoyment greatly, he also said that he had been more prone to urine infections.

In England it is against the law to smack a child under 2 and were fine with that. Why shouldnt we be fine with a rule that stops this horrible practice.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

No offense to the guys that are commenting and all but I (and this may be way too much info) prefer guys who have been snipped as opposed to the other.. Sorry men, but the skin , to have to pull it back ugh... eww..

Like I said too much info I'm sure but this is a woman's perspective (mainly mine) so I see no harm in it...

I see nothing wrong with female mutilation, just a mans perspective. All that stuff gets in the way
edit on 27-6-2012 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Im circumsized, and you can actually catch an infection easier if your not, and what does it matter, when we are aborting babys? People are such hypocrites lol. We can kill inoccent babys, but god forbid if we circumsise lol. Dumb. Im pretty sure some is misspelled so no need to point it out....

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guarnere09
Im circumsized, and you can actually catch an infection easier if your not, and what does it matter, when we are aborting babys? People are such hypocrites lol. We can kill inoccent babys, but god forbid if we circumsise lol. Dumb. Im pretty sure some is misspelled so no need to point it out....

What does it matter if some children are molested when we have people dying in Afghanistan?
What does it matter if some people's hands are chopped off, when we have people born without arms?

Do you see the flaw in your logic?
One has nothing to do with the other, and the presence of "worse" things (that's a different debate for a different thread) does not negate the severity of this issue.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Sadly another biased opinion, you can infection either way, different type of infection.

Circumcised is prone to infection because the sensitive parts are out in the open, contact with cloths and other things.

Uncircumcised is covered unless erected, and one way you can get "infection" is when you don't clean it, its about hygiene, you can develop "infection" around the base of your nose if you don't wash your face and let the oil build up beside it.

And the "worse things are happening so lets forget about this" reasoning huh?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

This is a non-sensical argument. So because you are so against abortion, the "killing of innocent babies" and it is legal, you see no issue with the genital mutilation of "innocent babies". Wow, I guess the "innocent babies" really aren't your concern then, eh?

CJ

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Not to sound too "medical", but there is information regarding reasons for medical circumcision. circumcision link

Recently, however, several large studies revealed a 60% decrease in HIV transmission in circumcised males compared to uncircumcised males

I remembered when my son was born, April a year ago, I had tons of questions for the ob/gyn about stem cells, circumcision,etc.. When I saw these threads popping up yesterday I thought about replying, but I was too tired to do any research. But, this was one of the reasons he said it was a legitimate procedure.

Three problems that can arise
if not circumcised: Phimosis, Paraphimosis, Balanoposthesis

Problems with the circumcised penis: Meatitis

Probably the reason why circumcision is still preformed in 60-75% of new born males:

The incidence of urinary tract infections in male infants appears to be lower when circumcision is done in the newborn period. It was first reported in 1982 that urinary tract infections (UTIs) are more common among infant males than they are in infant females (this switches later on in life). In this study, it was revealed that about 95% of the infected infant boys had not been circumcised. This risk is especially significant in infants less than 1 year of age. Many studies have shown that uncircumcised infants have a tenfold increased risk of developing a UTI than circumcised infants.

Circumcision prevents the growth of bacteria under the foreskin and this, in turn, protects male infants against urinary tract infection. The high incidence of urinary tract infections in uncircumcised boys has also been found to be accompanied by an increased incidence of other significant infections such as bacteremia (bacterial infection of the bloodstream) and meningitis (infection of the covering of the brain). The protective effect of circumcision may thus extend to a number of infectious diseases.

Now, that is all from the perspective of protecting the infant. For adults there are other reasons:

There is a higher risk of gonorrhea and inflammation of the urethra (the tube that carries the urine from the bladder outside) in uncircumcised men. It has also been reported that other sexually-transmitted diseases (such as chancroid, syphilis, human papillomavirus, and herpes simplex virus type 2 infection) are more frequent in uncircumcised men. As mentioned above, most recently three large studies performed in Africa documented that circumcision was protective with respect to the acquisition of HIV infection as compared to those uncircumcised subjects.
Circumcision prevents the growth under the foreskin of the agents that cause sexually-transmitted diseases. Removal of the foreskin may provide some measure of protection from these diseases to males and their mates.

What is the correlation between sexually-transmitted diseases and cancer of the cervix?
There is a strong connection between sexually-transmitted diseases and cancer of the cervix. Human papillomavirus types 16 and 18 (as well as other less common HPV types) are causes of precancerous changes in the cervix and cervical cancer. The strongest predisposing factors in cervical cancer are a history of intercourse at an early age and multiple sexual partners. An HPV vaccine is now available and recommended for all teenaged girls, and when given before the first sexual encounter, it has been shown to be protective against the most common HPV types associated with malignancy. The vaccine presumably prevents cervical cancer associated with these specific infections but is unable to prevent cancers arising from infections with less common HPV types not contained in the vaccine. Therefore, routine screening for precancerous changes in the cervix is still recommended.
What might this relationship between lack of circumcision and cervical cancer mean?
Circumcision may partially protect the mate from cancer of the cervix by removing the foreskin which harbors sexually-transmitted viruses (HPVs) that promote this common form of female cancer.

and Penis Cancer:

The predicted lifetime risk of cancer of the penis in an uncircumcised man is one in 600 in the U.S. Cancer of the penis carries a mortality rate as high as 25%. This cancer occurs almost exclusively in uncircumcised men. In five major research studies, no man who had been circumcised as a newborn developed cancer of the penis. Human papillomavirus types 16 and 18, which are sexually transmitted, are involved in cancer of the penis.

All of the info in the post is from here
I'm not sure if I used the correct quotes

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
If it's about decreasing the risk of future illnesses, shouldn't we remove the appendix from infants as well?

Also, keep in mind that circumcision has in the past been declared to prevent spinal paralysis, crossed eyes, cure "blindness, deafness and dumbness" (all at the same time, what a miracle of modern medicin!), epilepsy and prevent masturbation. (Source)

And I think we all know how true any of these claims are.
edit on 27-6-2012 by Whipfather because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
does this mean they will now outlaw ear piercings for minors?
mole removals that are purely cosmetic?
hemangioma removals for cosmetic purposes as well?

these are all things done for appearance that can have side effects or ailments as a result of error on the dr or piercer.

at least, with the circumcision, their's a faith based explanation behind it, not just vanity.

Congratulations Germany, you've just set yourself back 70 or so years by implementing a law that could, easily, have been avoided by implementing more safe guards and stricter guidelines.

I'm all for this law, provided we can now force parents to give their kids normal haircuts instead of those moronic mohawks on 3 year olds. The child has no control over this and, let's be honest, you are totally damaging the kid's mental state by forcing him to walk around with that stupid hair cut and, in some cases, awful clothing.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
does this mean they will now outlaw ear piercings for minors?
mole removals that are purely cosmetic?
hemangioma removals for cosmetic purposes as well?

these are all things done for appearance that can have side effects or ailments as a result of error on the dr or piercer.

at least, with the circumcision, their's a faith based explanation behind it, not just vanity.

Congratulations Germany, you've just set yourself back 70 or so years by implementing a law that could, easily, have been avoided by implementing more safe guards and stricter guidelines.

I'm all for this law, provided we can now force parents to give their kids normal haircuts instead of those moronic mohawks on 3 year olds. The child has no control over this and, let's be honest, you are totally damaging the kid's mental state by forcing him to walk around with that stupid hair cut and, in some cases, awful clothing.

No offense, but please tell me that you are joking. You are comparing severe and permanent genital mutilation to hair styles.

And yes, I do think that the decision to get ear piercings should be left up the child once it is old enough to make an informed decision. Despite the fact that it is non-invasive, has very few medical risks, and is non-permanent.

Also, the thing about hemangioma is that it is an abnormality. A foreskin is a normal part of the human body. It's not unlike the difference between removing an infant's "tail," and cutting off his/her little toe.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Wait a minute... Did you just say that you want all boy infants mutilated because you were going down there and it was discusting? Nothing is forcing you to go down there in the first place especially guys who dont know what most basic hygiene is.
So for your convienience all babies should get the knife?

reply to post by Crakeur

I dont know where you're from but I've never heard of a 8 day old with earrings. Not seen an 8 day old with a mohawk either.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I applaud this decision.

About time that this barbaric, archaic practice was outlawed.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Whipfather

yes, hemangiomas are an abnormality but they are harmless. my son had one on his hand. looked like a bloody glove. doctors all said we had to get rid of it because it was ugly and it would cause him great distress as he grew up. he was 2 at the time.

I didn't want to subject my 2 year old to the pain of laser removal which, I'm sure, would have made his fear of doctors even worse. hemangioma was 99.9% gone in 6 months. you'd never know he had it.

Had I gone thru with it, he could have been emotionally damaged regarding doctors.

To those whining about my comparing earrings and a haircut to a circumcision, yes, it's different, no I didn't imply that an 8 day old gets either (although I've seen newborns with earrings). Just pointing out that these things are also done, without the consent of a child and can result in harm and, if you'll outlaw one, might as well outlaw them all.

what the country is doing is saying, you are free to practice religion but only to a degree and, in turn, they are putting jews and muslims in a position where, if they want to continue to practice their faith, and have a family, perhaps they should go elsewhere.

is it, in reality, a disguised way of asking those who are of the muslim and jewish faiths to move out?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
is it, in reality, a disguised way of asking those who are of the muslim and jewish faiths to move out?

If anything, it is straight-up a way of asking those of Muslim or Jewish faith to consider their children's right to self-determination, both in religious and physical context. That is all.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
There is NO defence for this, it's barbaric.

Only ignorance can defend such a thing and I'm surprised to see so much of it on this website.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I'm sitting here wondering now if they could possibly take someone's appendix, and re-attach it as a tail.

A lot of people are posting that someone they knew had it done after adulthood, but I am not clear on which they preferred. My uncle was not circumcised at birth but but for him it was a matter of he could not really have sex with it so he got rid of it. I think it was too tight or he had some strangulation. So he definitely preferred it without...enough to go to drastic measures to get there. He had 2 boys, and he circumcised them both as infants, though in my maternal family it was NOT ever done before.

Also, I just didn't understand that picture of the supposed Egyptian sungod circ thing. First off, those were adults. Secondly, it was just bizarre to me and didn't look like the tip was the object of the drawing at all. In fact, in one side it looked like someone was being made a eunich to me (how do you spell that?) castrated. As in, completely. And in the 2nd photo, it looked like they were putting a penile implant in. Maybe that was a old reconstructive surgery ad and not a pagan ritual?

I could so easily read that as...Have your testes cut off against your will? That was before, now we can aid you to sexual pleasure with the new handy dandy sungod 2000 BC. You too will experience the pleasure of a fully functional staff. Plus, as this special offer, if you throw it down, it will function as a toy snake.

I can see it is being a consideration of self determination, but I am fairly secular.
BUT I am in touch with how deeply people feel religion to think it will be TAKEN as a threat - state or god, you choose.

That's no good at all.
edit on 27-6-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join