It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's About Time. Germany Rules Religious Circumcision on Boys is Assault

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by Believer101

Aren't the religious parents views being forced upon someone?

CJ

Nowadays, circumcision isn't about religion. It's more about cosmetic looks.

Besides, religious people are always pushing their views on others. What makes this any different?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT3

Originally posted by Believer101

There's a simple solution to all of this. If you don't like it, don't let your son get one. Simple as that. Don't force YOUR views on everyone else.
edit on 28/6/2012 by Believer101 because: (no reason given)

And how is slicing off 30% of the penile shaft skin of a baby not forcing your view on someone else ... ?

Here, since you obviously missed what I said, I'll spell it out slowly. If you personally don't like circumcision, don't let your children get one. But do not force others who do not share that same viewpoint to do what you want. If you don't want it to happen, don't do it to your kids, but do not force others to succumb to your views on the matter.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

No, you're making that up, or at least, I never said that or inferred it.

Enjoyment of sensitivity and sensation does not make anyone more 'manly' IMHO.
It just means you have more sensation and sensitivity!

Usually, when it comes to genitals, sensation is pleasurable.
Increased sensitivity enables a deeper connection, a more compassionate and 'feeling' lover and ... wait for it ... mind-blowing orgasms every time

edit on 28-6-2012 by RogerT3 because: (no reason given)

Enjoyment of sensitivity and sensation does not make anyone more manly but the idea that you have something another man has not might be a psychological bonus for some men who may have an inferiority complex (im not saying that you personally have that problem)
Its just what ive picked up from reading replies in this thread that somehow, by getting it chopped off, your missing this huge chunk of your manliness and you should probably jump off of a cliff due to the shame of it!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by ColoradoJens

the removal of the foreskin is like removing a hangnail.

Most deluded post in the thread bro'.
should be ashamed for putting that kind of garbage on your own site!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

CJ

Besides, religious people are always pushing their views on others. What makes this any different?

Yes, it is about religion. Check the facts on who gets circumcised and you see a majority are muslim. And you stated NO ONE should force their views on anyone else but you then give religious people a pass because they are always doing it?

CJ

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Women prefer cut men apparently in this thread. As if their opinion on this matters at all.

But apparently it's alright for men to force their views on women about how they look, right? Because you men are SOO superior to us women, right?

Other than religious female genital mutilation, please cite one example of men "forcing" their views on women about how they look.

CJ

Do you even have a television? Men force their views on how a woman should look constantly, and they've been doing it for years upon years. Men warp young girls minds by only having "beautiful, 110lb women with 36EE breasts" in the media constantly.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

There's a simple solution to all of this. If you don't like it, don't let your son get one. Simple as that. Don't force YOUR views on everyone else.

And how is slicing off 30% of the penile shaft skin of a baby not forcing your view on someone else ... ?

Here, since you obviously missed what I said, I'll spell it out slowly. If you personally don't like circumcision, don't let your children get one. But do not force others who do not share that same viewpoint to do what you want. If you don't want it to happen, don't do it to your kids, but do not force others to succumb to your views on the matter.

I did not miss your post at all.

You seem to think that cutting fully functioning body parts off defenceless babies is in some way not forcing your view on another human - here I'll spell it out slowly: A baby is a person too. A parent is forcing their view onto any baby they request or allow to be mutilated for fashion, cosmetic or religious purposes.

You also keep posting misinformation about circumcision and health - the health claims have already been debunked, by the very medical associations that are happy to make billions performing the unnecessary cosmetic surgeries on newborns!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Women prefer cut men apparently in this thread. As if their opinion on this matters at all.

But apparently it's alright for men to force their views on women about how they look, right? Because you men are SOO superior to us women, right?

Other than religious female genital mutilation, please cite one example of men "forcing" their views on women about how they look.

CJ

Daym, do we have time to dig up and reference a few thousand year of patriarchy which resolved that a woman should look slim, grow her hair long, wear dresses, never swear, never speak about intelligent matters, adore her husband even if he was a pig, C'mon now, dont play dumb lol

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Turn off the tv. No one is forcing anyone to watch or believe what they see on it. A man with a knife and a baby restrained on a table, well, that is forcing something.

CJ

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Again, you are free to believe what you want to. Fortunately I can make adult decisions about media and the effect of chauvenistic programming. I have a choice in the matter. I give people more credit than most though.

CJ

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

CJ

Yes, it is about religion. Check the facts on who gets circumcised and you see a majority are muslim. And you stated NO ONE should force their views on anyone else but you then give religious people a pass because they are always doing it?

CJ

I have never dated a Muslim (not about discrimination, but because I've never found one I've been attracted to), yet in all my years I've only met one man who was uncircumcised. So no, a "majority of men getting circumcised" are not Muslim.

Where did I say I was giving religious people a pass? I honestly hate religious people who force their views on others. I was simply stating what makes this issue any different than the others? I don't see you up in arms about religious people forcing their views of abortion being wrong on women. I guess, when it comes down to things, you really only care when it comes to your genitalia, right?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

No, you're making that up, or at least, I never said that or inferred it.

Enjoyment of sensitivity and sensation does not make anyone more 'manly' IMHO.
It just means you have more sensation and sensitivity!

Usually, when it comes to genitals, sensation is pleasurable.
Increased sensitivity enables a deeper connection, a more compassionate and 'feeling' lover and ... wait for it ... mind-blowing orgasms every time

Enjoyment of sensitivity and sensation does not make anyone more manly but the idea that you have something another man has not might be a psychological bonus for some men who may have an inferiority complex (im not saying that you personally have that problem)
Its just what ive picked up from reading replies in this thread that somehow, by getting it chopped off, your missing this huge chunk of your manliness and you should probably jump off of a cliff due to the shame of it!

Yes, many men tend to equate their penis with their manliness, you nailed that one.
Interestingly some of the circ guys reverse the logic and claim they are more manly cos it looks nicer and the girls like it more

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Turn off the tv. No one is forcing anyone to watch or believe what they see on it. A man with a knife and a baby restrained on a table, well, that is forcing something.

CJ

Try telling that to the millions of young girls out there starving themselves to look "beautiful" for men because their programmed to believe that. When I was younger, I was a bit chunky. I was constantly told by men, that I knew or that I didn't know, that I was ugly because I wasn't thin. Besides, you don't have to watch tv to see it. Ever read a magazine? Ever walked down a street and seen billboards with how women are "supposed to look"?

And telling someone they're not allowed to circumcise their child is forcing your views on them. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you don't like it don't let your kids get one, but do not force your views onto someone else.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Cool and good for you. Yes, as irony and hypothetically it's funny. For the individual, perhaps not so. Still, if he could laugh about it, that might help ease the double pain of losing a third of his member as well as a good proportion of the enjoyment of sex

Again, This idea that men who are circumcised dont enjoy sex as much as the uncircumcised... Is it me, or are the uncircumcised men of this board trying to insinuate somehow, that by having this wonderful foreskin that they are, in some twisted male thinking, More manly?

Awwh you guys! Its no wonder the world can blow eachother to bits upon the simple pushing of a few buttons. Im sure with the mentioning of penis's and buttons there's a joke in there somewhere

Welcome to happy hour on ATS!

Ok, ill explain when its that way...

See, as a uncircumcised male, i can "imitate" a circumcised penis.. when you have cloths on or anything that rubbing off on your penis head(bumps with sensitive cells) you get aroused and sensitive..what happens after years and years of going thru that is that you will feel less and less sensation from the head... unlike uncircumcised male, where the head and the sensitive bumps are secured inside until its time to "do the dance"..

ill relate to our mammal counter parts... it only comes out during arousal or mating, and human males can pull it back at will.

SO in reality, uncircumcised men are more sensitive.... plus even if you put both men at equal start.. uncircumcised men have some extra sensitive nerves on their foreskin...(which is visible)..so in reality uncircumcised men have extra sensitive nerves, you can draw your conclusion from there.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Circumcision was used because in the deserts sand got under fore skin.
I dont thing that is a problem any more!

edit on 28-6-2012 by creepyalien because: (no reason given)

link   

Yes, many men tend to equate their penis with their manliness, you nailed that one.
Interestingly some of the circ guys reverse the logic and claim they are more manly cos it looks nicer and the girls like it more

Actually i didnt think of that! Probably because it seems to be the uncircumcised are literally on the war path about this! I cant for the day when all men unite against their greatest modern adversary - the dreaded Dildo!!

Peace for now, i have to go out

link   

Estimates of the proportion of males that are circumcised worldwide vary from one-sixth[66] to a third.[123] The WHO has estimated that 664,500,000 males aged 15 and over are circumcised (30% global prevalence), with almost 70% of these being Muslim

I guess you are wrong there. This thread is about circumcision. Feel free to start one on abortion as it is off topic.

CJ

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

CJ

Try telling that to the millions of young girls out there starving themselves to look "beautiful" for men because their programmed to believe that. When I was younger, I was a bit chunky. I was constantly told by men, that I knew or that I didn't know, that I was ugly because I wasn't thin. Besides, you don't have to watch tv to see it. Ever read a magazine? Ever walked down a street and seen billboards with how women are "supposed to look".

Please, give up on the strawman arguement. The thread is about circumcision, not media manipulation of women.
If the thread were about women not needing to starve themselves to look like some 14 year old russian super model, I'd be all over it, agreeing with you, and I'd wager the vast majority of anti-circ dudes in this thread.

This is about little boys at the age of 8 days, being held down and tortured, so that mommy and daddy get to conform to some twisted notion of normality within the isolated culture they live in.

The VAST majority of the world's population is NOT circumcised. It is only common practice amongst Jews, Muslims and N.Americans. (and maybe a few other clans).

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

We have laws. One of which states it is against the law to get a genital or body piercing as a minor. Makes sense to me. No one is forcing anyone to behave the way they do when it comes to their appearance. I would like to have more muscles, but no one is forcing me to work out. It is called "societal pressure" for a reason. People have a choice whether to accept it or not.

CJ
edit on 28-6-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Actually i didnt think of that! Probably because it seems to be the uncircumcised are literally on the war path about this! I cant for the day when all men unite against their greatest modern adversary - the dreaded Dildo!!

Peace for now, i have to go out

Yeah, men tend to get a bit touchy when they imagine scalpels and penises in the same situation

Have a great day, it's been fun, you brought spice to the thread, a wonderful feminine trait.
And I think dildos are great, so I'd be on the ladies side for that debate

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join