It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's About Time. Germany Rules Religious Circumcision on Boys is Assault

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by Shirak

Excellent points. It is YOUR vessel - the one that WAS MADE IN GOD'S IMAGE (or so religious people tell me) -And if that is the case, why are we whacking away at baby's genitals? Did God mess up the genitals somehow?

CJ

You only think man was made in Gods image if you are brainwashed.

This is about cleanliness the foreskin harbours a bacteria that can kill you and infect others.

I cant believe so many people are so ignorant and the best time to do is it when you are young as it doesn't hurt as much.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by technologicalsingularity
reply to post by ThisIsNotReality

mate this was my hurdle at 11, but...crudly put, plenty of practice paid off, yes my first time at 16 was painful because of that,but it became easier as time went on, i've lost nothing, but gained education.

You seem unwilling to understand that, as your case was not pathological, other men are not helped by "practice!!!", so I'm going to give up.

Please, do me a favor and read the wiki article I posted earlier, or just google phimosis and have a good read. It is perfectly normal for young adults to still not be able to retract the skin, however, in some cases there is a pathological cause which for you obviously wasn't the case. This, however, does not mean every man is like you, I know what it was like, I know what I felt, and I KNOW I was NOT helped with "practice". You might have been, I was not, as both cases are too different to compare, but again, read the article because I don't think you understand the condition all too well to even be having a discussion about it.
edit on 27/6/12 by ThisIsNotReality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Germany passes a law targeting Jews and I am supposed to be surprised?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by majel42
I am not sure what you would tell a child whose penis has been damaged beyond repair when he asks why you put him through an unnecessary procedure "oh son we just thought the Doctor needed the money or we wanted to make your man bits more attractive or God told someone thousands of years ago he had changed his mind about foreskins and wanted them removed or there was no good reason, everyone else was having it done to their son and we just went with the crowd".

Good point.

As a kid I thought that everyone else was circumsized but me, and it upset me, so I pulled back the foreskin and left it like that and now I'm "ringed" you could say. It's the best of both worlds and I don't suffer from "shrink dink" to the same degree!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

reply to post by ThisIsNotReality

mate this was my hurdle at 11, but...crudly put, plenty of practice paid off, yes my first time at 16 was painful because of that,but it became easier as time went on, i've lost nothing, but gained education.

If you want to put yourself and your children through a lot of misery to deal with a small problem, that is your right, however, I would rather put a child through a little misery that they wont remember and save them the unneeded torment and chance of infection later in life.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

That's all fine and dandy, but if any man out there is not circumcised, he better stay the heck away from me.

YUK

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

i live 2 miles from hogwarts! in other words gloucester cathederal, UK. and work 100 yards away. but what you are demonstrating is choice, it's not mine, dont try to describe the pain until you sign off and cut your foreskin off and let us know the pain, HOW do you know theres no mental trauma or memory? how do you know it does not affect there mind unless you can be in a position to compare?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

BINGO

But don't expect anyone else to see that.

I saw it though so maybe.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Disclaimer: this is fiction btw.

My imaginary friend told me that I can use babies as bunching bags. It's a long lasting tradition. We're pretty underground about it thought. They dont mind cause they dont remember anything and they get to take out their traumas on their own children.

There's your religious justfication down the toilet. So there's no religious justfication for it and there is no medical need to. It's stone age barbaric practice.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Whatever.

I have been a man for 40 years now and I am happy that I was circumcised. To have that flap of skin over my purple heart would not only make my fireman look smaller but would be nasty after an accumulation of sweat and dead skin cells and droplets of urine that would accumulate within the foreskin. Just gross!

I stand by circumcision and have been circumcised all my life and as far as mutilation...It's the same as a woman's pregnancy, I don't remember a thing. Yeah, the baby has no say in the matter but, as a baby once myself, having grown up now, I thank my mother and father for having me circumcised, so that I don't have to deal with infections and grossness and having to be ashamed in front of women when I drop my trousers.

I have heard more than enough women say that they are grossed out by foreskin.

Me and my fireman have a great relationship and if he wore his toque all year long, I would be ashamed of him and would never take him out to meet new friends.

Putting a baby in a blender or a burger is butchering them, circumcision is merely a haircut for your fireman.

I am all for a penile haircut.

edit on 27-6-2012 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

reply to post by Azadok2day

circumsizion isnt about making a saving on soap!!!! get a grip!

the pee'ing in different directions is a result of the "commoners toilet" the urinal, those in the know just get on with it and piss in the toilet,sat down.

edit on 27-6-2012 by technologicalsingularity because: (no reason given)

Any guy that's sits to take a squirt is no man , we were designed to stand not squat like woman .

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Although now I just suddenly realized why I've been jumping through hoops my hole life, why I'm a Jesus freak (God how I love that man!), and why "Abba" was my first word as a small child (according to my parents, both of whom became ministers of the church) which means, in Hebrew "Father". Heck even my ATS avatar seems to reflect something of the predicament. I was MEANT to be circumsized according to ancient religious tradition! It was my destiny, but my well meaning parents simply made the wrong choice!

I wish everyone would just make up their minds on this, and EITHER circumsize everyone, or no one at all. Puts kids through the ringer when they look down and then look around at the other kids penis, only to discover that it's been properly trimmed already!

My whole life might have been totally different is this thing was already "worked out" back in 1967, and here we are STILL arguing about it! It's absurd, so I can see why some atheists might be pissed off, so to speak, while for me, I had to run across hells half acre in rebellion as a PK (preachers kid), only to discover that what we resist only persists.

And all over a tiny piece of flesh - talk about absurd, what was God thinking if he always begins with the end in mind!

Nah, it makes no difference really, except for the preferences of some of the women commenting on the thread that is, how they prefer "cut" men.

So it's a cosmetic/aesthetic only, just like a piercing.

Make your new baby boy as hip as possible and cut off his foreskin while the doctors charge a little extra for the precedure. He'll thank you later.

That's about it.

That's funny! We're absurd and American society and culture is absurd. It's ridiculous.

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 27-6-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Yes! Hitler Lives! How dare someone have the right to raise their children the way they see fit! It's the left that knows best! Hitler knows best! Yes, we have been there before and people like you have ended up at the end of a rope. Time for a new go around?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

You equate an argument in favor of Religious Freedom to being an Anarchist or accepting Sharia Law?

A harmless procedure by the Jewish People practicing their Faith is hardly equivalent to cutting off the heads of Gays or Stoning women to death for being Raped.

You ever hear of a Straw Man argument?

Interesting. Religious freedom. So you are ok with chopping off a girls clitoris then. Got it.

CJ

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruckDriver69

Yes! Hitler Lives! How dare someone have the right to raise their children the way they see fit! It's the left that knows best! Hitler knows best! Yes, we have been there before and people like you have ended up at the end of a rope. Time for a new go around?

Well now, there you have it. The religious morality at work again. Yes, keep up the death threats, they show your moral superiority.

CJ

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok2day

well thats your opinion, what you were brought up with, your in-doctrination. pissing isnt like facebook.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Yes, by any definition it is mutilation. You know there are laws, state and federal regarding the age for body piercings and tatoos. Most agree these are in the interest of the person not being of age to make a proper decision. What is so hard to understand about giving a human a choice?

CJ

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

so here it is, im about to get banned for my opinion of that circumsizion is barbaric except by the american view. i am now pretty sure these theads are in place to widdle out non americans, those that do not believe american values and oppose the views of the rest of the world.

ever heard the the song by rammstein "amerika"?

Hey, I started this thread and I am an American. Don't take the bait. I do find it interesting though. So far, the most replies for this should be acceptable are those from women who think it is gross not to. Then you have the "Germans have a history" spiel, and this is "another attack on freedoms". To say it is ok when someone reaches an age of consent is not ELIMINATING it. It is not an attack on freedom if you can still do it, just at an age where you can choose for yourself. I am in no way surprised by the reactions though as once again I will point out, religion is the one thing that will make moral people do immoral things. Man, people really really like cutting up little kids private parts. Good job, religion.

CJ

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join