It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Springs Apocolypse?! Waldo Canyon Wildfire 32,000 Evacuated, Many Houses/Buildings Burned!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by Agarta

I wonder if some entity is purposely starting these fires?

There is a lot of suspicion right now that this is the case.. On the guns and ammo front, I have plenty of contacts who can help in this area, but I don't currently own any guns. Perhaps if the need ever arises, I will utilize those contacts.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

With the FBI report posted earlier in this thread and fires in Colorado, Utah, California, Nevada, Wyoming, Montana, and New Mexico it makes one wonder

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I don't know what your situation is, but if anything the ammo may be better to have then the gun itself, otherwise id you can spring for a pistol or an AK it might be a good time to do so.

Im actually considering bringing mine in light of this, only problem is that Im getting on a plane back, lucky me right.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

yeah something tells me the situation is about to get a little crazy.

In fact Ive had dreams about this, returning to Colorado Springs and the whole place was on fire and there was a lot of other crazy stuff going on. Those were just dreams though, so take from that what you will.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Well, on the tinfoil side of things:

If someone was going to do something along the lines of malicious intent in a public area, like, say Denver, or another major city that has sent a lot of extra EMS crews to help with the big fires, this would be a "oppertune" time to do so..

Who knows, to be honest, I just think it's a series of unfortunate events. Budget cuts, hot dry weather, and careless humans..

Time will tell.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
The owners of the Flying W Ranch have vowed to rebuild but it will never be the same. So Sad this situation is.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Ok guys, I have to *try* and get some sleep, gotta work early. I will try to update when I can, especially if things escalate even further. Feel free to U2U if you need info for this area if you have loved ones or friends you cannot contact. I will dig whatever info I can to get you accurate info. Time to say hasta for now!
edit on 27-6-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Cygnis

Well I don't know if related, but I have a source who's friend is a cop that says that they are training to knock down doors under the UN and NATO for weapons confiscations etc.

There also happens to be a live drill taking place in St. Louis

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Hey guys..

I live just to the North of the Colorado Springs fire (10 miles) One thing you have to remember.. the fire is in a POPULATED area. This fire is going to be hard to put down. We are so DRY here in Colorado.. its HOT (it was over 100 today - its RARELY near 100 .. ever).. The wind is crazy.. 65+ winds.. and it is supposed to be even windier tomorrow.

This fire really has the potential to wipe out the city. This came out of nowhere.. local media was reporting that the fire was small and that only a "temporary tent structure" was lost in the blaze. At about 4:30 the fire crested the ridge in to the city.. there has to be countless, countless homes lost... offices.. this is HUGE! Even if the fire was put down tonight - the landscape of Colorado Springs will be changed for decades.

I am about 10 miles from the fire and it looks like an a-bomb went off in the springs. I am very worried for my home. If the fire continues north my house is right in it's path! This is definitely a regional SHTF situation. I will report back with any news.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by Cygnis

Well I don't know if related, but I have a source who's friend is a cop that says that they are training to knock down doors under the UN and NATO for weapons confiscations etc.

There also happens to be a live drill taking place in St. Louis

I am aware of such things. Still boggles my mind. /shakes head..

Time will tell, it usually does. for those of us aware of such, one can only prepare, and watch for the signs. The rest will be hit like they ran into a wall.

The St. louis drill is still going on????

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoFreedom
Even if the fire was put down tonight - the landscape of Colorado Springs will be changed for decades.

I am about 10 miles from the fire and it looks like an a-bomb went off in the springs. I am very worried for my home. If the fire continues north my house is right in it's path! This is definitely a regional SHTF situation. I will report back with any news.

After Mt St. Helens blew in the early 1980's, they said it would take 60+ years before things would return to normal.

25 years later, it's back and looks even better.. Not saying this is a good thing, just saying.. nature recovers quickly compared.

I was also thinking the same thing.. The photos I am seeing make me think of bombs going off.. Disturbing.

Be safe, and try not to breath too much smoke. I'm trying to do the same just north of you by 100 miles, but with 2 or 3 fires up here, it's rough, so I know how you are feeling.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoFreedom

Hey stay safe and heres a few items you should have.

First aid /trauma kit
layers of clothing
blankets if you can splurge on a hammock or tent and a poncho to provide for sleeping and temporary shelter.
flint, matches lighters, fuel
Canned foods or dry foods
bug spray
iodine tablets for water treatment
whatever weapons you can find or have available (a sling shot is $6 at wal mart.)
ammo
inverter or solar power supply of some sort
also solar lights at wal mart for a buck will recharge batteries for you
rope
a good pair of boots
changes of clothes etc
flashlight
camelback
canteen

Im sure I forgot stuff but you should be able to carry this all on your person if needed. Acquire this stuff now before the shelves are emptied.

Take care.

PS this will definitely come in handy
www.ar15.com...

pps make a run on the army surplus store if you can afford some gortex boots they'll keep your feet dry and armored.
edit on 27-6-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Cygnis

until the 28 I believe

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Apparently this story has been picked up on the international scene. France and a few other countries are following it with their televised news casts as well as the KKTV website streaming video is being watched in all but a few African Countries. It is being watched Globally.
edit on 27-6-2012 by Agarta because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Thats not good. They'll broadcast it to countries that hate us, but not our own people.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

wow, thanks for posting these pics, they immediately sparked memories of Santa Barbara in 91.
what a mess.
best wishes for safe evacuations and better tomorrows.
things can be replaced, lives cannot.
be well, be strong but above all, be safe out there.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
wow, I had no idea that this was so severe, those pictures are crazy. I hope everyone around these fires can get out safely, i can't imagine what it must be like to bo so close to them. I was suppose to fly to CO in two weeks,not sure if those plans are still good. Everyone out there please stay safe!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by xenthuin

My sister lives there. I talked to her yesterday, and she said there are something like eleven fires currently burning in the state. I don't think they could have gotten this under control quickly because their resources were tied up with the others. This fire started about a day after another fire in the area was contained, so the firefighters pretty much went straight from that fire to this one. They've moved the military in, and are using helicopters to drop on it, but they're saying it won't be contained until the middle of July.

She also said this is one of the fastest moving fires she's ever seen. She watched it yesterday, and it was on the back of a hill where she was watching, and within a few hours it was halfway down the front side.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

This african country got friends in the evac zone

They got themselves and their kids to some friends and are waiting to find out if they got a home left.

You're all in our thoughts and prayers.
edit on 27-6-2012 by harryhaller because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I am hoping today that our member that lives in the Springs logs on. It sounds like today will be another unpredictable day.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join