It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Springs Apocolypse?! Waldo Canyon Wildfire 32,000 Evacuated, Many Houses/Buildings Burned!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
What gets me is there was a report called into the Sherrifs about a fire in the same area on Friday night, the crew dispachted didn't see anything, so it was dismissed. DID THEY ACTUALLY LOOK!! That is my question????

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Just heard reports of explosions...Also no vacant hotels in the Springs other than ONE in Manitou Springs (won't be for long!) wow.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManicDepresive1
What gets me is there was a report called into the Sherrifs about a fire in the same area on Friday night, the crew dispachted didn't see anything, so it was dismissed. DID THEY ACTUALLY LOOK!! That is my question????

Interesting, I had not heard that yet. This should be vital info for their "investigation"!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Ya look pretty bad just finish going thru the same thing last month in Timmins Ontario
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Fire put the hole city of 50,000 was on evacuation notice
for two week burn over 80,000 sq. miles
Did no know if I would have a car or an airport after my two week at the fly in mine
But here what save a lot of the home and cottage around the fire area

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

It was very much like a pyroclastic cloud... The little valley I live(d) in filled with smoke in mere minutes.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

Thank you for sharing that, I didn't know! What's up with the news not reporting tens of thousands being evacuated? This fire is in the CITY now, and it's total chaos. Doesn't national news find that somewhat interesting?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by xenthuin

Are you in the evacuation area? If so, I'm so sorry and please be careful.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Hey hey, ho ho, CNN finally put this on their main page:

www.cnn.com...

About freakin time!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Its been the top story on CNN for around 6 hours, the story has 433 comments.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Yeah... I was in an area that was not under any kind of evacuation (not even pre-evac). It moved so fast... I got the reverse 911 call saying my neighbohood was under mandatory evacuation after I was already across town because I knew that once it hit the top of the ridge I'd be in deep trouble.

ETA: if anybody in my neighborhood waited for that reverse 911 call before leaving, I can only hope they made it out safely. So far, there haven't been any casualties as far as I'm aware.
edit on 6/27/2012 by xenthuin because: Addition

edit on 6/27/2012 by xenthuin because: Clarification

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I'm on mobile so keeping it short. Please consider the following document as to possible causes behind these fires.
FBI: Inspire Magazine Encourages Use Of Wildfires (Al Qaida)
Will stay tuned into this thread, good luck to all in affected areas.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Interesting, I would have never known.

"updated 11:31 PM EDT"

I've been switching to CNN all day just out of pure curiosity and haven't seen one report. It's all been about Mitt Romney, which is weird because I thought they were left leaning.. ANYWHOOO...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Great post/pics, thanks!!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
You know I thought of this, but terrorists .... here????...I guess so.

Al Qaidia to use fire as weapon.
edit on 27-6-2012 by ManicDepresive1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

No problem.

Looks like Facebook is good for something after all.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ManicDepresive1

Though I had just posted it, thanks for repeating that link as it may be very applicable to what we are seeing here. If the FBI suspected it to be credible enough to report, maybe we ought to as well.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Actually word is that was reported on the local news sometime around this happening.

ETA: Somebody said something about troops planning to mobilize. Links please.
edit on 27-6-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
reply to post by LDragonFire

Interesting, I would have never known.

"updated 11:31 PM EDT"

I've been switching to CNN all day just out of pure curiosity and haven't seen one report. It's all been about Mitt Romney, which is weird because I thought they were left leaning.. ANYWHOOO...

My mistake, I knew I read about what was going on on cnn before I read this thread, it was posted 9:30 my time so almost the same time you posted this thread.

People commenting on CNN agree with you about not much coverage in the news media. A city being destroyed by fire you would think would make headlines, but with today's scripted news the best time to tell we are being hand fed what they want you to know is during times of breaking news.

Great thread and thanks for the info!!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2
There's a supermax prison right around there. In fact there are a number of prisons in this area. How are they going to handle the fires getting close to these places.

They are pretty far away from the fires.... The prisons are more in the flat lands south west of the Waldo fire.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join