Colorado Springs Apocolypse?! Waldo Canyon Wildfire 32,000 Evacuated, Many Houses/Buildings Burned!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Just talked to a lifelong friend who was a bit unnerved as he was forced to evac his apartment with only 3 days clothes as the park next to his apart complex was on fire. He said it felt like a movie because there were "fireballs" softball to basketball sized flying through the air landing all around his area. He lived literally at/in garden of the gods. He said the fire was no where near under control and he didn't see any fire fighters, just a lot of cops and cars sitting around with their lights on.

I hope everyone else is ok and I'm glad someone made a thread on this as the MSM certainly don't seem to give two S****s that a historic city and home to Fort Carson and the Air-Force academy is on its way to burning down.

The weather here hasn't been a help either, with dry winds and temperatures in the triple digits for almost a week straight. Yesterday was 111 where I live in Pueblo (about 30 miles south of colo springs) today was 108 and tomorrow doesn't look any diff....

As I type this when I walk outside I can smell nothing but smoke its actually almost an overwhelming smell of smoke much like sitting next to a camp fire.

This doesn't look good at all...thoughts and prayer for all effected by this.
edit on 27-6-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by PassedKarma

Here you go:

That's better than the one I took. Thanks!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
well if that aint,, hail ,mingled with fire,, or was it fire mingled with hail??,
although hail might be a good thing,,,,u know ,,steam,,etc,,
timings everything i guess,,

run. if u can spot fireballs,,,,leave,,ohhh and all u avid hunters how about securing that ammo,, for the FIREFIGHTERS SAFTY,,

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Great post, thanks I agree with pretty much all of your sentiments. It is all pretty surreal. Edit: glad to hear your friend got out of there!
edit on 27-6-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Thanks a ton! One day I'll get this site's media stuff figured out. Or not

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Sorry to hear about this.......

Prayers for all of you,out in this area..in all sincerity.

BTW,Do they know how these fires were started ?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
This is a very afluent neighborhood called Mountain Shadows 100s of million dollar homes , you can see 3 of them burn on this vid........ sad, sad,sad, my beautiful town is burning to the ground!!!!
Also becarefull of scammers I have seen a few already on Craigs wanting money for hotel and food...they have emergency shelters to use!! Don't fall for these scams.

The iconic Flying "W" Ranch is gone...burned to the ground.....I just had my Chrismas Party there...sad
edit on 27-6-2012 by ManicDepresive1 because: added line

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by PassedKarma

WOW!.. Do you know what road that was taken on. I am guessing it's a bit East of CO. Springs.. Amazing pic.!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

No word yet on what started it. Officials are focusing on getting this under control right now as priority. Many suspect this and other fires in Colorado were intentionally started, but we just don't know yet.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Cygnis

I'm almost 100% sure that pic was taken going toward hwy 24 on 21st street.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Hard to tell at this point. Tho the one in Estes Park the other day was found to be because of an Electrical line rubbing against a cabin or tree.. Forget which..

Carelessness in such dry conditions, on anyone's part can lead to something like this.

As i mentioned earlier.. 4th of July is gonna be BAD..

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
A lady that worked for me 30 years ago when she was a teen has been posting some amazing photos on Facebook for 2 days.. They are becoming more and more impressive.....Like myself my neighbors own places with 20 to over 100 acres and we all were forced to evacuate our houses last summer because a field of hay caught fire five miles from us.. Some big pines and oak trees were burnt but only one house was destroyed...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
God I still cant beleive Flying W is gone...it was a beautifull compond of beautiful wood work,trails,opera house, and that trophy room FULL of stuffed animals...man thats sad it was here for 100+ years.
Flying W Ranch

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I hear ya. They NEED to get this contained.

Gave this a S&F. ATS needs to be aware of this .

Stay safe Wookie..............

link   
reply to post by Cygnis

Yep, I think the 4th of July will be pretty much cancelled here lol.

link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
reply to post by Cygnis

I'm almost 100% sure that pic was taken going toward hwy 24 on 21st street.

Correct! And btw.... I ALWAYS say "I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist." !!!!! Drives people nuts. Just being real about things.... Glad to know I'm not the only one.

link   
I live(d) on the west side of town right where the fire came down this afternoon. In all likelihood, my house has burned or will burn before this thing is contained.

Pretty much in shock at the moment since I watched it rage down the eastern slope of the mountains in a matter of minutes from my office.

The real shame is the bureaucracy that it takes to get the proper equipment in place. I bet they could've squashed this fire while it was less than 1000 acres if it weren't for the blasted procedures being in the way of doing what is right.
edit on 6/27/2012 by xenthuin because: Typo

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
reply to post by Cygnis

Yep, I think the 4th of July will be pretty much cancelled here lol.

Up here in Longmont, CO, they are allowing fireworks. The city is. Despite the state ban due to the dry conditions.

/shudder

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by xenthuin

I feel the same ..I saw it in its infantcy we went to Manitou to play in the creek and watched it grow slowly on Sat. but no one seemed alarmed... didn't see much fire fighting activity till Sun., there has to be a better way.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Man, this is awful. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your fellow neighbors there in Colorado.

The only thing we saw was a snippet on the Weather Channel this morning but we did not hear about 32,000 people having to evacuate. They pretty much skimmed over it then went on to Utah's fire and T.S. Debby..... wish you guys had the rain from Debby. They did mention the record breaking 100 temp. up in your area.

All of you in that area, please be careful. Don't wait to long to evacuate. Get the most important stuff and plenty of clothes in case of. The bad thing about fire, it's a tricky entity and has a mind of it's own.

Stay safe..... and keep us posted if you can.

P.S. that one picture you posted reminded me of a pyroclastic cloud....eerie looking but awesome.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join