It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Springs Apocolypse?! Waldo Canyon Wildfire 32,000 Evacuated, Many Houses/Buildings Burned!

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
16 members of the Colorado ANG out of Denver have just been mobilized to assist in patroling the evacuated areas.

I also failed to mention earlier that all 11 of the helecopters are utilizing the AFA airfield to refuel and restock food, water etc. I have also seen pictures of Black Hawks at the AFA that are being used to transport fire crews.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
The weather conditions today have been a real gift.This is the first time since the fire started that we didn't have red flag warnings. I saw the fire start to lay low in the afternoon, which normally doesn't happen until late evening. I cautiously believe things are looking up

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LafingWithTears
reply to post by elliotmtl

Typically in these situations if we roll up to a house and it is 25% or more involved with fire we move on as an individual engine generally does not carry enough water to be effective, and we do not tie in to a hydrant under these conditions.
Typically we pick a house that looks defensible, keep fire off of it until the flame front passes and move on and repeat the process.

Why don't you do this before

Work 99.9 % of the time all you need is a pool or your own well

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alora
The weather conditions today have been a real gift.This is the first time since the fire started that we didn't have red flag warnings. I saw the fire start to lay low in the afternoon, which normally doesn't happen until late evening. I cautiously believe things are looking up

Yup. The forecast looks to be the same tomorrow. Fingers crossed...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Now it's not just arson (potentially), but homicide, and possibly a triple murder. There are still a half dozen or so folks unaccounted for. I am so enraged I need to stop typing....sorry.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
AFA evacuation for Pine and Douglas Valleys are lifted as of 05:00 this AM.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
i just found out a friend of mine who JUST MOVED THERE a few weeks ago is homeless because the place they were staying burned down.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

Indeed, if all homeowners in the intermix/interface had a set-up like that our assistance would go virtually uneeded

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by elliotmtl
reply to post by OneisOne

How are some houses completely leveled and yet others along the same path look completely fine? I don't get that.

Did they sprinkle blood on their doors?

edit on 28-6-2012 by elliotmtl because: (no reason given)

Fire is very random and un-predicable..

A whol street might burn, leaving one house right in the middle of it all...

It all comes down to luck.

Although prepaierdness also could be a factor. An area around the house cleared of fuel, shrubs and grass kept low around the property. Gutteres on the house blocked and hoses in place to wet the house down.

All sorts of things factor in really.

Look at some of the pics around the place of Kinglake and Marysville (Black Sarturday), the total randomness of the destruction is mind blowing...!!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElohimJD

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by Wookiep

CJ

Yes, they believe this was manmade.

In El Paso County in the last few weeks over 20+ fires have been intentionally started by an Arson (most were extinguished quickly) they have not yet captured and 3 more fires were started on the Western slope (north of Grand Junction) today by a similar means. This in conjunction with AlQaeda's command to do exactly this leads me to believe this is terrorism caused.

The beatle kills + climate + drought = perfect way to cause terror with little to know threat of capture.

God Bless,
edit on 28-6-2012 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

This is absolute BS! I will say again Bull #! The investigators have not even been allowed into the burn area. This toad may end up being correct however at this point there is zero evidence for his conclusions. Colorado Springs, El Paso County, CBI, and the FBI are running down leads.

The report on ABC tonight was taken completely out of context. Sheriff Maketa made this perfectly clear.

Edit to add: The 20 arson fires were in Teller county, not El Paso, moron.
edit on 6/29/2012 by Yosemite Sam because: set the record straight

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Yosemite Sam

Woah there...... you are right there has been NO CONFIRMATION on what started the fire. But this thread has remained very civil. No need to "moron "someone. Give him the info, correct his mistake. Thats how you edumacate peeps.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
kktv.com...

Posted: Thu 3:51 PM, Jun 28, 2012

Reporter: KKTV/AP Email

Updated: Thu 3:57 PM, Jun 28, 2012

Canyon Fire Cause Too Dangerous To Investig

There is still no indication about what caused the Waldo Canyon Fire, which became the most destructive in state history when it raged into Colorado Springs and destroyed an estimated 346 homes.

Mayor Steve Bach announced the number at an evening press conference Thursday.

The FBI says it's working with local and state law enforcement agencies to determine if any of Colorado's fires were deliberately set. At the press conference, local authorities confirmed they would look at any photos or videos from citizens that could help to identify the cause.

Fire investigators are still waiting for firefighting commanders to indicate it's safe for them to enter the burned area.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManicDepresive1

Woah there...... you are right there has been NO CONFIRMATION on what started the fire. But this thread has remained very civil. No need to "moron "someone. Give him the info, correct his mistake. Thats how you edumacate peeps.

You are correct. My bad. I'm upset over the missing folks.

My keyboard isn't working and is about to be.........well, replaced.

Sorry for the moron thing. I just hate stupid people.

Wait, did I just do it again?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
krdo.com....

EL PASO COUNTY, Colo. -
One person has been found dead at a home destroyed by the Waldo Canyon fire.

At a press conference on Thursday night, Colorado Springs Police Chief Pete Carey announced that a body was found at 2910 Rossmere St. Carey says family has been notified. He did not release the identity of that person. Police Chief Carey also added that one adult is missing and the search continues for that person.

The Waldo Canyon fire has destroyed 346 homes, according to Colorado Springs Mayor Steve Bach.

As of 9:45 p.m. Thursday, the fire is 15% contained and is estimated at 16,750 acres.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Two Arrested For Burglary In Waldo Canyon Fire Evacuation Zone

Belinda Wells-Yates and Shane Garrett

The Colorado Bureau of Investigation says two people were arrested for of breaking into a home in an area of the Waldo Canyon Fire evacuation zone.

The CBI says agents working on an unrelated investigation about identity theft arrested Belinda Yates and Shane Garrett for the burglary of an evacuated home in Colorado Springs. The pair also allegedly had methamphetamine at the time of their arrests in Monument.

Yates and Garrett were taken to the El Paso County Jail and are being hard on charges including: second degree burglary, possession of a controlled substance, theft, possession of a weapon by a previous offender and theft by receiving. They're scheduled for court advisement on Friday at 1:30 p.m.

The CBI says they were assisted in the investigation by the El Paso County Sheriff's Office and the Monument Police Department.

I wish people like this would break in to my house instead of the unprepared. They'd walk in and be carried out after being cut in two. A tactical 12 gauge is very efficient. And this assumes my dogs and wife don't wake up. They will all put a special personal hurt on you. My wife prefers a lazer sighted 9mm and my old 6 shot 357. The dogs are trained for.........well trained.

These people don't deserve jail. We need something worse. Underground maybe.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Hehe..well said.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Guess I failed to mention the over-and-under 12 guage, AR-15, 30-06, 22LR.....just opened the gun safe to check.....I know I have a wrist rocket some where....lol

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

My sister was telling me about a family that had to evacuate from their home, so they went to their grandmother's home, and within 24 hours had to evacuate from THAT home.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Thing seem to have calmed down a lot ..still in danger but much better then before.

These heros really know what there doing..... There are Thank You signs on the routes they are traveling.
edit on 29-6-2012 by ManicDepresive1 because: aded line

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join