It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Springs Apocolypse?! Waldo Canyon Wildfire 32,000 Evacuated, Many Houses/Buildings Burned!

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Those are stunning images, thanks for posting.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

How are some houses completely leveled and yet others along the same path look completely fine? I don't get that.

Did they sprinkle blood on their doors?

edit on 28-6-2012 by elliotmtl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by elliotmtl

When I was listening to the KKTV live stream yesterday I heard one of the fire officials state that once a house was on fire they would move to trying to keep the fire from spreading to the surrounding houses. I know that sounds horrible, but if the estimate of 200-300 houses burned is accurate, I'm sure some hard decisions had to be made.

OiO

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Oh, I figured they would be too busy to try to save ANY individual houses...not that I know anything at all about this subject...but that makes sense of my puzzlement, so thanks

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by Wookiep

Hey Wookiep,

just jumping in and haven't read the last few pages...my brother in NY told me he saw a press conference yesterday where Hinkenlooper said he had information that indicated the fires were manmade...anyone else hear this? Stay well.

CJ

Yes, they believe this was manmade.

In El Paso County in the last few weeks over 20+ fires have been intentionally started by an Arson (most were extinguished quickly) they have not yet captured and 3 more fires were started on the Western slope (north of Grand Junction) today by a similar means. This in conjunction with AlQaeda's command to do exactly this leads me to believe this is terrorism caused.

The beatle kills + climate + drought = perfect way to cause terror with little to know threat of capture.

God Bless,
edit on 28-6-2012 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The MSM finally did a decent report on this yesterday. Here is the video from CBS:

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Warning, this video WILL make you want to throw up.

This is video from a camera mounted under the belly of a UH-60 Blackhawk, looking down at the Bambi Bucket used to drop water on fires. This was shot at the High Park Fire, on the 22nd of June. Great video, for the first minute or so.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Interesting!!!
-----------------

Here is one of the fire retardant drops:

Published on Jun 28, 2012
Aerial Footage of Fire Retardant Drops. Courtesy Video | U.S. Northern Command |
Date: 06.28.2012. Aerial footage of fire retardant drops in an effort to aid in the fight against the Colorado wild fires.
youtube.com

----------
And here is what the fires look like from space.

Published on Jun 28, 2012
A video camera aboard the International Space Station captured this footage of the wildfires burning in the Western U.S., including Colorado.
youtube.com

OiO

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by elliotmtl

Typically in these situations if we roll up to a house and it is 25% or more involved with fire we move on as an individual engine generally does not carry enough water to be effective, and we do not tie in to a hydrant under these conditions.
Typically we pick a house that looks defensible, keep fire off of it until the flame front passes and move on and repeat the process.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Its basically fertilizer (I wanto to say ammonium phosphate) decades ago they would use borate but it was vey unfriendly to the environment so they switched to this stuff.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

Originally posted by Fishticon84
I dont mean to fear monger, but..

Isn't the main Lockheed Martin manufacturing facility (where nukes and other bombs are built) in Colorado Springs?

I'm not sure about Nuke building, but yes we do have Lockheed Martin here..

No nukes at Lockheed Martin. They build rockets for NASA and the like. Your probably thinking "Rocky Flats" up by Boulder. The government built nukes out there for many years.
en.wikipedia.org...

I wish everyone luck and safety that are in the path of these fire's.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
These fires have been ongoing for some time. When my daughter and I drove back from Utah in mid May we saw a sizeable fire burning near Fort Collins.

As for the recent fires around and in Colorado Springs, Boulder and farther north...these are man caused. There has been no lightning strikes to spark these into being. There has been no chemtrail spraying for weeks and there were cloudless days and searing heat day after day until the today and yesterday when some afternoon clouds have kicked up on the plains of southeast Colorado where I live but the air is too dry for much rain.

Joel Skousen the survivalist has been saying the darkest of the black ops have been moving into the Colorado mountains, especially the ski resorts, and the intel agencies operate many businesses in the Denver area and essentially often tell the communities what to do, he claims.

I wonder if there is a connection between all these sometimes psychopathic idle deep dark ops now being in Colorado and all these set fires. Just wondering. But if would be easy to blame them for it..since they spend their lives killing and maiming and blowing things up and then blaming someone else, often Muslims, for it.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Also, for an update. this morning channel 13 in Colorado Springs said several hundred homes have burned up and the fire is only 5 percent contained and covers 18,000 acres. A water system was being installed betweent he fire and Woodland Park to try and save that town.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Just saw this article from KKTV that 346 homes were destroyed.

WOW... 346 homes... gone.. that is sad.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cygnis
Just saw this article from KKTV that 346 homes were destroyed.

WOW... 346 homes... gone.. that is sad.

The crazy part is that before this fire, the High Park fire was considered the most destructive fire in Colorado history.. Now this makes the Waldo Canyon fire the most destructive in Colorado history...2 historic record breaking fires in the same month. Incredible.
edit on 28-6-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Also another update, the fire is now 10% contained.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Anyone know when theyre going to allow residents back in their homes in Co Springs?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
Anyone know when theyre going to allow residents back in their homes in Co Springs?

At this last news conference they said all residents at lower Rockrimmon, Holland Park and Kissing camels can return home but remain on pre-evacuation status effective at 8pm.

I can't seem to find a good evacuation map, but here is the latest info I found here:

www.kktv.com...

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY THE FOLLOWING AREAS ARE UNDER PRE-EVACUATION NOTICE
-The remainder of the City of Woodland Park city limits that have not been previously evacuated.

-All areas East of CR25 (a.k.a. Tranquil Acres Road and Mocks) to Blossom Road, including the subdivision of Tranquil Acres, North to the intersection of Forest Service Roads 357 and 357b, North on FSR 357 to CR 78 (a.k.a. Painted Rocks Road), North to the Douglas County Line.

- Mandatory evacuations for Teller County. They are as follows:
1. East of State Highway 24 from Crystola to Baldwin Street/Rampart Range Road to the Teller County Border at Loy Creek.
2. West of Highway 24 and South of Aspen Garden Way, Rodeo Way, Ranch Drive, Mane Street, CR 231/West Street intersecting Highway 24, West on Highway 24 to Edlowe Road, and South on Edlowe Road, to include the subdivisions of Ranch Estates and Holiday Hills
3. All residences North of a line from Crystola to Catamount Estates (off of CR 281)

A shelter is being established at Cripple Creek and Victor High School.

-Mandatory evacuation order is in place for all areas west and north of Garden of the Gods and I-25, north to the Air Force Academy. Air Force Academy has also evacuated Pine Valley and Douglas Valley Housing Areas.

-Also an evacuation area of the Kissing Camels area, including south of Garden of the Gods Road, west of Centennial Blvd, east of 30th Street, north of Fillmore St. and Fontmore Road.

www.kktv.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Thank you for that Wookie

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

New estimates are 16,750 acres and 15% contained.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join