It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Springs Apocolypse?! Waldo Canyon Wildfire 32,000 Evacuated, Many Houses/Buildings Burned!

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
did the storm light any new fires?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by autopat51

I have not seen or heard any reports of any new fires since yesterday

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar

Originally posted by SunflowerStar
I have friends in Colorado Springs. One just posted this link and its a really good one, updated 2 hrs ago.

www.inciweb.org...

Only 5 % contained, her neighborhood is in evac area. Hope she comes back home to KY.
edit on 27-6-2012 by SunflowerStar because: more info

I hope your friends are OK!

I feel the 5% number is just a feel good number. It was 5% contained yesterday morning then it nearly tripled in size. More likely, the containment in Cedar Heights, Cascade, and the Manitou Springs area have been held, but it ain't close to 5% of the total perimeter it's going to take.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

good!!!
dont need anymore to worry about

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by sizzlean

so ya pray.

All in all I think you are right, humanity 90.....#heads 10. People are coming out of the wood work to help in any way they possibly can. We have all sorts of resources that are helping to get these fires out!! I now understand how during times like these that a person can have renewed faith in each other. When it really counts it isn't about politicians, voting, ect.. it's about real people helping each other.

Right on brother. Lot more good folks out here then most think.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by xenthuin

Thanks, those folks need all the help they can get. I do like her link though. At least its as up to date or more than the tv stations.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
reply to post by autopat51

I have not seen or heard any reports of any new fires since yesterday

I believe I read earlier that there is a new fire near Durango.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Yosemite Sam

Damn, looks like you're right. 60-80 acres. Hopefully they can contain that one soon.

www.durangoherald.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
No One deserves this, okay? No one deserves to have their home destroyed, and in some cases lost forever. The animals don't deserve to be mained and misplaced. Those of you who are trying to claim that this is in some justified are wrong. Such hatefulness makes me sick. Where is your humanity? I'm asking anyone who can't follow the Golden Rule ( ie - dont say anything if you cant say anything nice, etc) that maybe you should concentrate you efforts on other posts? Hhmm? Or didnt your Mama raise you right?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar

It is a good site, but no website can satisfy my want for the real time data provided by my own eyes.

Glad those eyes aren't stinging now though

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
kktv.com....

"The latest addition to the military assets battling the Waldo Canyon Fire is the wildland team from Vandenberg Air Force Base. The 18-member hot shot crew and their vehicles were flown to Colorado in the belly of a C-17 Globemaster.

They join other military units from the Air Force, National Guard and Army.

The hot shot crew belongs to the Air Space Command.

As of early Wednesday morning, four MAFFS C-130s have completed 23 airdrops with approximately 59,900 gallons of retardant."

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Overhead view of Flying W Ranch posted by Flying W Ranch Inc on Facebook..

What a shame. :/

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Not to go too far off topic but, does anyone know of the lasting effects on nature of the fire retardant? Anything to save homes and lives should be used, but what is in this stuff?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

good question..

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815
Not to go too far off topic but, does anyone know of the lasting effects on nature of the fire retardant? Anything to save homes and lives should be used, but what is in this stuff?

Fertilizer, water, and red dye.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yosemite Sam

Originally posted by Doodle19815

Fertilizer, water, and red dye.

Oh, and a gel agent. Not sure what that is made of.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonKapital

Please don't get to bent out of shape by the use of a word like "Apocalypse".

Just go to "search"and key in that word and man, at the titles with that in there.

CDC denies rumors of zombie apocalypse !!,

Fourth Horse of the Apocalypse spotted at Egypt protests with

Election apocalypse: Greeks hoard canned food ,

Whats your weapon for the Zombie Apocalypse?,

The Carl Marx Apocalypse and FUNNY Money,

Apocalypse Now Campaign Thread For ATS Regency

That's just to name a few.....

It's meant more metaphorically than literally, unless when it's used in the " 2012 " forum.

edit on 27-6-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Yosemite Sam

thanks..
never knew that

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
does anyone have news about the fires?
hasnt been any updates in hours.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

I guess it is toxic....heres a link to a news story.Whats in the Slurry

Also fond this on wiki.....Borate salts were used in the past to fight wildfires but were found to sterilize the soil, were toxic to animals, and are now prohibited.[16] Newer retardants use ammonium sulfate or ammonium polyphosphate with attapulgite clay thickener or diammonium phosphate with a guar gum derivative thickener. These are not only less toxic but act as fertilizers to help the regrowth of plants after the fire. Fire retardants often contain wetting agents, preservatives and rust inhibitors and are colored red with ferric oxide or fugitive color to mark where they have been dropped. Brand names of fire retardants for aerial application include Fire-Trol and Phos-Chek.

Some water-dropping aircraft carry tanks of a guar gum derivative to thicken the water and reduce runoff

edit on 27-6-2012 by ManicDepresive1 because: added line text

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join