It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Springs Apocolypse?! Waldo Canyon Wildfire 32,000 Evacuated, Many Houses/Buildings Burned!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fishticon84
I dont mean to fear monger, but..

Isn't the main Lockheed Martin manufacturing facility (where nukes and other bombs are built) in Colorado Springs?

I'm not sure about Nuke building, but yes we do have Lockheed Martin here..

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
It's getting closer to me now.. Kissing Camels and Holland park area just declared mandatory evacuations.. if this keeps up, I'm next. :/

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
What the heck is going on. Why is nature picking on you guys?

Punishment for trading Tim Tebow?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
It's getting closer to me now.. Kissing Camels and Holland park area just declared mandatory evacuations.. if this keeps up, I'm next. :/

If it's inevitable, then get off of here, pack your stuff and go. Make sure you get the important things, and get out with your life! Please, don't play with this thing.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

Originally posted by Wookiep

If it's inevitable, then get off of here, pack your stuff and go. Make sure you get the important things, and get out with your life! Please, don't play with this thing.

It's not inevitable just yet...If it starts threatening Colorado Ave, I'll start packing..

edit on 26-6-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

How close is it to Colorado Ave.? Isn't that where Intel used to have a building? It runs east/west? If so, that's CRAZY!!!!! That's VERY populated in that area, lots of businesses and homes around there.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Intel was on Garden of the Gods, which is actually threatened and evacuated right now. Colorado Ave is about 2, maaaybe 3 miles from Holland Park.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Hey Wookie, real sorry to hear all this.
Hope they get that under control before it gets any closer to you. Does it look like they are going to a grip on it, or is it looking like you gotta go? Yeah, agreed, not a time to play with fire. Be careful man, and best of luck. And whatever you do, don't let them drums get burned. (I know, not the time for jokes...said from one drummer to another...)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Okay, Colorado is Hwy. 24. Do you think it's hit Cave of the Winds yet?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Wookiep,

stay safe. It is insane what is going on here right now. In my Colorado time, I have never seen something like this so close to a major city. Even the Boulder fires were "hidden" by the mountains. These are almost on top of the city. Incredible pics and make sure you send some to CNN via "local reporters". Sad, hope you and yours are ok.

CJ

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Hey Wookie, real sorry to hear all this.
Hope they get that under control before it gets any closer to you. Does it look like they are going to a grip on it, or is it looking like you gotta go? Yeah, agreed, not a time to play with fire. Be careful man, and best of luck. And whatever you do, don't let them drums get burned. (I know, not the time for jokes...said from one drummer to another...)

Right now, it really doesn't seem like they have it very much under control. (at least in the city limits) However, we have help coming from all directions, Denver area and Pueblo, and various other places. Don't worry, I have a very efficient plan in place to save my drums lol! Right now my area is not immediately threatened, the wind is dying down so that helps. I will be monitoring the situation and will not be dumb about it!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Wookiep

Okay, Colorado is Hwy. 24. Do you think it's hit Cave of the Winds yet?

Yes the east side of hwy 24 and even Manitou Springs was evacuated early yesterday morning. Fire is on the east side of Hwy 24 and cave of the winds is blocked off. Manitou residents evacuation was lifted last night, however voluntary evacs still in place. They seem to have a decent handle on the west side of Hwy 24.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

reply to post by Cygnis

I was at Abo's in Superior this afternoon when that thunderstorm rolled through. It rained a little bit, and we were joking around with "what's that stuff falling?". Now, I wish that storm would have never even came.
I work at Oracle, and could smell smoke at one point. When I left work it was pretty bad around the old StorageTek campus area. Being in Longmont, you'll could hop onto the Diagonal and get us an update?
Please? We can't see anything this far north at this time.

Ahh, would have to hop on my bicycle to get down there.. I live on the very north side of Longmont. So if you wanna come down and pick me up, we can go on down together, and get pics..
Abo's is good pizza! I like the one in Erie, it's a bit quieter..

That thunderstorm also started a small fire West of Lyons, along the road to Estes, as well as started one on Hwy 119 on the way into Boulder.

The 4th of July is gonna be bad..
Soak the lawn, soak the roof!!

As far as updates, and news.. here's a few sources.

There is the Radioreference.com feeds for the towns.. Colorado Springs has over 6,000 people listening.

RadioReference El Paso County (CO Springs fire and EMS)

IIS is official info from the individual incident commands for the major fires, Flagstaff Fire will be on there once the Federal team gets in there. They also have additional resources for reading there, as well as maps.

Incident Information Systems

The Times Call is pretty quick on getting new info out ASAP.

Longmont Times Call

A Federal Management team is taking over command of the Flagstaff fire Wednesday..

Hope these help..

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I can't seem to get the image to load onto this page, so I linked it to my twitter account. This pic is outstanding! Looks like a mushroom cloud.

Given the fact that over 32 THOUSAND not hundred but THOUSAND people are being evacuated speaks of the gravity of this situation. Something about the fires we have always had here in CO.... I feel an odd sense of hurt for the earth when we get hammered with them. It has been a sad few weeks.
edit on 27-6-2012 by PassedKarma because: edit

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Hi and Thanks for this thread, my sister, nieces and nephews live in that area and I have been watching this fire since the beginning, she asked me tonight if I would pray for an end to this fire..So I humbly ask anyone who has a interest to please join with me in a Mass Consciousness experiment and ask your higher power to please direct some RAIN to this area..Please try and begin tonight and lets see if our combined thoughts can send some much needed moisture to Colorado..I know it's kinda kooky but hey Art Bell did this on his show Coast to Coast several times and it worked..thanks for letting me express this in your thread..Cheers Coco SnF
edit on 27-6-2012 by itscocobaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by PassedKarma

I can't seem to get the image to load onto this page, so I linked it to my twitter account. This pic is outstanding! Looks like a mushroom cloud.

PassedKarma,

No pic at the link you provided..

-Cyg

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

The only place I know of is at Pulsar and South Academy.This is Old gold camp road I think.That range is still closed isn't it?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

You know what's weird? I just found out that Colorado Springs has never been over 100 degrees in recorded history. We broke that record yesterday. I never knew we never went above 100, even in August!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Gold camp road is far enough southwest (closer to me) to not be affected by this yet. Although, there was reports of smoke in that area yesterday but nothing ever came of it.
edit on 27-6-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cygnis

Originally posted by PassedKarma

PassedKarma,

No pic at the link you provided..

-Cyg

Try again. Operator Error on my end. I forgot my twitter settings were private.
edit on 27-6-2012 by PassedKarma because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join