It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Springs Apocolypse?! Waldo Canyon Wildfire 32,000 Evacuated, Many Houses/Buildings Burned!

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevenreanimator
Update: local volunteer firefighter gave me some info - they're doing a lot to contain and ensure that it doesn't jump 25, however my source also said that there is TONS of people waiting in the wings (tree cutters, national guard, etc.) willing to donate their time and equipment and everything and the gov. isn't giving them the go-ahead at all... purposefully dragging their feet.

however -- the fire does look to be doing better today -- the sun even peeked out from the clouds today for a few hours.

I think they believe they have the necessary resources to solve the problem. They call in folks as the need arises. Bring in the amatuers and people start to get seriously injured and killed. There's no conspiracy here.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sizzlean

it rained didn't it,,
geez,,
what part of Living God do people not get?,,??
the winds died down,, didn't they?
people now helping and comming too one anothers aid,,right,,
and then they mention ,,
some people are actually trying to Scam for money and donations,,by going door to door,,
no the world isnt perfect,, but ,
that does not mean bull# like the scam artists are not going to take advantage,,,
heavy rain would be a good thing,, as long as it does not flood areas, left denuded by the fire,,
so,, smoke ,fire , rain,, chaos,,
but hey ,i think, overall humanity 90,,,#heads 10,,
so ya pray.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by stevenreanimator

according to this map it doesnt seem to be spreading towards C.S.
as rapidly as it was..i hope this is a good sign

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Yosemite Sam

(tree cutters, national guard, etc.),,ARE NOT AMATUERS,,,,See thats what pisses me off.
when well timed plans of attack and defence dependent on a moving real time enemy,,cannot be carried our succesfully,,if no one wants too say ,,here are the risks,,your choice,, TOO THE PROFFESIONALS AT THE SCENE.
hell they got the best spotters in the WORLD at the Airforce Academy,,what more they want?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

To be fair on that point, I did hear earlier that the Army from Ft. Carson and the Airforce are helping with the fire up by the Academy.. Wish I had a source and it more acurately quoted though. Also, there was a report of a military convoy that was spotted on I-25 with dozer equipment today.
edit on 27-6-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

The 10 acres on fire on the academy property were contained within a few hours. It was done and contained and gone quick i heard.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by stevenreanimator

Could be, I do know there are still fires up in that area though. The academy is closed and only has essential personell on the base.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
reply to post by BobAthome

To be fair on that point, I did hear earlier that the Army from Ft. Carson and the Airforce are helping with the fire up by the Academy.. Wish I had a source and it more acurately quoted though. Also, there was a report of a military convoy that was spotted on I-25 with dozer equipment today.
edit on 27-6-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

Military dozers are already on the front lines and have been for several days. C-130-s from Peterson (2) and from Wyoming ANG (2) are also on scence. Fire fighters from Peterson, Schriever, and Buckley are working with the AFA fire fighters. There is a unit from Ft. Carson on stand-by.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
My sister just posted this on facebook.

blogs.denverpost.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Good to know, I knew there were C-130s but I didn't know about the dozers before today though.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
im sure everyone is doing their very best!!
now if the weather will cooperate.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

ok thats kind of what i had imagined,,hoped for,,
this quote "and the gov. isn't giving them the go-ahead at all... purposefully dragging their feet."
might be just impatience then
understandable.

link   
Millitary is on the ground and more is on the way.

Vandenberg sends hot shot team to Waldo Fire

Here is a vid on how skilled these pilots are. Amazing!

Air Tanker droping retardant extremly close to houses.
edit on 27-6-2012 by ManicDepresive1 because: added vid link

link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
My sister just posted this on facebook.

blogs.denverpost.com...

Those are incredible pictures. Thanks!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

That is painful to look through, but thank you.

My prayers are all I can give, but I give them freely. What a disaster for the state of Colorado.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I have friends in Colorado Springs. One just posted this link and its a really good one, updated 2 hrs ago.

www.inciweb.org...

Only 5 % contained, her neighborhood is in evac area. Hope she comes back home to KY.
edit on 27-6-2012 by SunflowerStar because: more info

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
reply to post by MaMaa

I always checked my watch against the afternoon 3 min rain you could almost set it to 3:15 lol. I know this is an exageration a little bit but yah short afternoon rains that last a little longer.

The problem is now that if CS does get heavy rains it could flash flood the City now that all the natural water blocks and absorbers(trees) are gone so it is hazard(hail storms) after hazard(fire) after hazard(floods).

We watch for the the afternoon rain too! But you are right, rain could be bad. Yes we need rain to put out the fire, but it would take a lot of it and the amounts needed would cause some major flash flooding.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by sizzlean

it rained didn't it,,
geez,,
what part of Living God do people not get?,,??
the winds died down,, didn't they?
people now helping and comming too one anothers aid,,right,,
and then they mention ,,
some people are actually trying to Scam for money and donations,,by going door to door,,
no the world isnt perfect,, but ,
that does not mean bull# like the scam artists are not going to take advantage,,,
heavy rain would be a good thing,, as long as it does not flood areas, left denuded by the fire,,
so,, smoke ,fire , rain,, chaos,,
but hey ,i think, overall humanity 90,,,#heads 10,,

so ya pray.

I know I am not who you were replying to, but it didn't rain much at all, not enough to make much if any difference. No the winds have not died down actually. We would need days of non stop rain to put out the fires, but that much rain would cause flash floods and all sorts of other problems. It's a catch 22, but I'm just grateful that the temps lowered just a bit tonight. Maybe that will help the fire fighting efforts. It's still windy out, but at least it is windy with 80 degree temps vs. windy with 100+ temps like the other day.

All in all I think you are right, humanity 90.....#heads 10. People are coming out of the wood work to help in any way they possibly can. We have all sorts of resources that are helping to get these fires out!! I now understand how during times like these that a person can have renewed faith in each other. When it really counts it isn't about politicians, voting, ect.. it's about real people helping each other.

link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I've been following this thread from the beginning. Thanks for posting those pics - helps give perspective. There really are a lot of homes still in danger and already destroyed. And the chaos on the roads and all that smoke! My thoughts and prayers are with all of those in the midst of this utter devastation.

Here's one just posted on breaking news - taken from the Air Force Academy.

edit on 27-6-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

link   
Word just now on KKTV that this fire is now 18,500 acres.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join