It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Springs Apocolypse?! Waldo Canyon Wildfire 32,000 Evacuated, Many Houses/Buildings Burned!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Redacted and will refrain from teasing the deadly drop bear...

edit on 27/6/12 by sirric because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Nevermind, don't feed the trolls.

edit on 27-6-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by CrimsonKapital

Maybe because the OP wanted to sensationalize his thread, maybe he viewed the images of the dark smoke that enveloped the area and in his mind, was apocalyptic in nature
Regardless, it doesnt warrant an Australian vs USA disaster comparison like little kids on a playground.

This is not an Australia vs USA comparison, I only said that because even we in Australia experienced a much worse disaster than this. In fact many countries have experienced much worse disasters recently like the Japan Earthquake.
I denounce the OP for making a title such as this if its not global than its not an apocalypse.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
Nevermind, don't feed the trolls.

It's funny because you call me a troll, yet where have I said anything distasteful? As you are the OP please tell me why you consider this the apocalypse?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

CK,

No one is disputing that you guys got a hell of a fire and flood event that I'll admit was the worst fire storm I'd every heard. Lets just end this as a "we are hyper theatrical" while you are mildly conservative when it comes to reporting disasters.

Now, How is everyone doing in CS and the surrounding areas?
I am Preying for a quick end to this event and everyone is safe.

Sirric
edit on 27/6/12 by sirric because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

This is all you get from me guy, don't even try again:

I've already explained why I used the word, to another "twat" who got butt-hurt over the use of "apocolypse". It was more or less to describe the smoke plume, which indeed looked what I imagine being "apocolyptic". But since you want to keep rambling about it like the end is indeed nigh because of it, you might make note where I state *COLORADO SPRINGS* Apocolypse? This means it was a LOCAL disaster, which indeed, it is. I never claimed a global disaster was going on. Sheesh.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Trolling (v)
(1). Being a prick on the internet because you can. (2). Unleashing one or more cynical, irrational or sarcastic remarks on innocent by-standers, because it's the internet and, hey, you can. (3). Trying to get a rise out of someone. Forcing them to respond to you, either through wise-crackery, posting incorrect information, asking blatantly stupid questions, or other foolishness.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

This is all you get from me guy, don't even try again:

I've already explained why I used the word, to another "twat" who got butt-hurt over the use of "apocolypse". It was more or less to describe the smoke plume, which indeed looked what I imagine being "apocolyptic". But since you want to keep rambling about it like the end is indeed nigh because of it, you might make note where I state *COLORADO SPRINGS* Apocolypse? This means it was a LOCAL disaster, which indeed, it is. I never claimed a global disaster was going on. Sheesh.

Thankyou for clearing that up, I understand what you mean now. I'll give you a star.

edit on 27-6-2012 by CrimsonKapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by Wookiep

i can see trees with leaves,,
amazing,,
that house hose contraption,, from Canada
would have saved that house, i bet.

wow.
ohh and slow the Dancing down ,, ,,winds too high
,,and throw water at them

Yes it does if you have a pool or a well and generator all the cottage around timmins made it ok

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Please stop making this about a word in the title and refrain from derailing this thread any further.

If you've a problem with something, put in a complaint and let staff decide.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I would like to get back to the topic. I was wondering
what it would be like at night, will there be evaucations
if needed at that time or will they try to do that before
dark. Any updates appreciated.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Back to the fire..

I don't want to jinx anything but so far it is looking like the weather system causing the smoke "Haboob" earlier may have actually done us more good than harm. The air has more moisture in it and things are much calmer than they were yesterday.. There is a big flare up west of the Airforce Academy but it doesn't seem to be near populated areas, at least right now. Nothing major being reported in terms of flames, so it's looking hopeful.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
In case it hasn't been mentioned, a great source for info is:

inciweb.org

and the live stream is located at:

kktv.com

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Yes it has been freakin nuts! I can't believe this wasnt posted here! The MSM is ignoring it too... Anyway I hear another fire started near Boulder today, any word on that?

I'm 'navy_vet's neighbor.. I concur with what he said! This is one of the worst fire seasons I have seen in all my 37 years. I'm a Colorado native. The smoke was bad from the Boulder fire the other day. I heard there were two in Boulder. My mom is up helping feed the firemen up at the High Park fire and they still say they expect it to burn through the end of July. It did rain up this way not too long ago so hoping that helps a little bit. It would have to rain for a few days to put it all out though. The High Park fire is 87284 acres so far, how big is the CSprings one now? I heard it jumped up to something like 9 thousand acres now?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MaMaa

Last I heard the fire here is about 15,500 acres. They will prolly survey it again later tonight and give us a revised figure tomorrow morning.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
CNN just now reporting the FBI is investigating the wildfires. Earlier on in this thread, you will find links that indicate back on May 7th they acknowledged the threat of intentional arson encouraged by an "Inspire" magazine affiliated with al Qaida.

Knowing this, I am already wondering if our national security agencies have failed in acting on this threat in a proactive manner, if there's even a connection there at all. I usually scoff at the word Terrorism within the US, but not today.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join