It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: "I hope you still believe in me."

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by RealSpoke

Obama bash threads that have no substance to them are pointless. It's like "Two Minutes Hate" from 1984.

It's funny isn't it.

They all have their cute little pictures ready and they see who can come up with the most witty negative comment.

No substance at all...but plenty of hate.

hate   [heyt] verb, hat·ed, hat·ing, noun
verb (used with object)

1. to dislike intensely or passionately; feel extreme aversion for or extreme hostility toward; detest: to hate the enemy.

So what's wrong with hate? Are people supposed to like everybody? Do you think there might be a reason that Obama brings out so much hatred?

And if you say people hate him because he's 1/2 black you're either disingenuous or an idiot. Do you think people only hate his black half?

Funny, in my life experience I've noticed people tend to dislike self-serving, arrogant people who mislead, manipulate, and lie, no matter what their race.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
i believe in you obama
like i believe in the bogey man

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Tomorrow the healthcare ruling comes. Regardless of how you feel about the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, if this gets entirely repealed, I will seriously become a little more jaded than I already am (somehow). IMO if this is entirely repealed, it will be be even more evidence that (Obama will have accomplished no positive change under his term that I can recall, officially, only many horrible negative things like NDAA/drone crap/etc.):

- We're truly doomed to the status quo until the bad things in the USA atm get far worse.

- Everything Edward Kennedy started to see take shape around the time of his death that he'd worked so hard so very many ears for will have basically been a complete illusion... this is just an interesting/sad side point.

- The two-party system is just a distraction, nothing ever changes unless the elites call/lobby for it, etc. Think about the numerous legislative attacks we've seen in the last few years regarding the Internet. SOPA/PIPA/plenty more, which the public loudly proclaimed they DID NOT WANT in the slightest. Yet this kind of legislation and legislation from the copyright cartel keep getting more and more time/attention/momentum. What other blatant proof that the government is no longer for the people, by the people (or am I wrong... corporations are people atm -- gotta love it -- I am also going to fix the dictionary today -- I hereby declare that dogs are cats, green is blue, apples are oranges). Arg.

I still think Obama is who he said he is (but I will no longer support someone who does not FIGHT or speak out against these evils when he KNOWS they are happening while in office)... I can only imagine how much worse things will be if we get another Bush in office with things moving in the direction that they are). Obama has changed unfortunately while in office, I am sure it's hard to remain the same person, but some of the beggar emails I've seen for money have left such a bad taste in my mouth (pay this amount of money for a change to have dinner with my rockstar wife and I, pay this amount of money so that we can do politics our way (my way is "get money out" philosophy), give this much money or [threat here stating that nothing can happen without money] (an admission of what bullshi* times we're living under)). Arg.
edit on 6/27/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak
Tomorrow the healthcare ruling comes. Regardless of how you feel about the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, if this gets repealed, I will seriously become a little more jaded than I already am (somehow). IMO if this is entirely repealed, it will be be even more evidence that (Obama will have accomplished no positive change under his term that I can recall, officially, only many horrible negative things like NDAA/drone crap/etc.). I still think Obama is who he said he is... I can only imagine how much worse things will be if we get another Bush in office with things moving in the direction that they are.

- We're truly doomed to the status quo until the bad things in the USA atm get far worse.

- Everything Edward Kennedy started to see take shape around the time of his death that he'd worked so hard so very many ears for will have basically been a complete illusion... this is just an interesting/sad side point.

- The two-party system is just a distraction, nothing ever changes unless the elites call/lobby for it, etc. Think about the numerous legislative attacks we've seen in the last few years regarding the Internet. SOPA/PIPA/plenty more, which the public loudly proclaimed they DID NOT WANT in the slightest. Yet this kind of legislation and legislation from the copyright cartel keep getting more and more time/attention/momentum. What other blatant proof that the government is no longer for the people, by the people (or am I wrong... corporations are people atm -- gotta love it). I am also going to fix the dictionary today -- I hereby declare that dogs are also cats, green is also blue, apples are also oranges. Arg.

Are you joking? The health care bill that IS going to get repealed tomorrow was the single biggest piece of garbage to ever be passed. It has less to do with you getting affordable healthcare and more to do with lining pockets and pushing agenda down peoples throats just to prove it can be done. You can tell me you want to pay more for insurance can you? Because that is what is about to happen if it were to pass. You will pay more and people will get fined if they cant afford to pay for insurance. No one is saying there doesnt need to be some kind of health care reform but the way it was done was in haste, half assed and just a big pile of crap on a plate and we are all suppose to just shut up and eat it?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

You've been brainwashed. I don't mean this in an offensive way.

Everyone gets sick or in need of medical attention (inevitably). The perfectly healthy can be on their deathbed the next day in freak circumstances (I know, it happened to me at age 28). We need universal coverage and this was a practical step towards such a situation.

"Obamacare" is the nasty name special interests and the brainwashed have given to something that is essentially a list of consumer protections. Regulations that might prevent you from having to fight an insurance company over 100k+ bill who has refused to cover you (I was even doubly covered at the time, and it was a nightmare -- they outright refused to communicate with each other), claiming you had a pre-existing condition (lie is the pre-existing condition if they feel like denying you) outright when you did not (there as no question in my cast, I had ZERO medical history, but they do this to perpetually delay payment/hope that someone else will pay/get hospitals to accept a much smaller amount after a year of hassling).

Typical for-profit healthcare is the biggest/longest-running conflict of interest that has ever existed.

TPTB watered down healthcare reform in the interests of the existing companies... so it's not even what it was to be originally (it's a different beast now). We're in a situation now where legally potentially nothing will change, with some powerful companies making claims that they will "not do certain things anymore". Lol. So with all of this effort/time/work we have only gotten them to say they "will behave and be less evil in a few ways", basically. How kind of them.

For the record I think the mandate is shady (the only thing I am not 100% behind). Practically speaking, having everyone on board is the real catalyst for bringing prices down for everyone (spreading the costs). Health care should not cost what it does, and that is another travesty.

I like the idea of massive pool plans for people, being offered from new outlets other than the existing companies as a means of introducing true competition (to also bring prices down).

The issue I have with the people who claim to be anti-mandate is that half of them already have very good plans, and are speaking out against the mandate to a public full of uninsured. I think they don't really care about the mandate, they are special interests/tied to the existing industry in some way that should be illegal.

The core issue I have with general laymen in the public who claim to hate the mandate is this. The second they get sick they will want healthcare. And then everyone else has to pay for it. We don't turn people away in this country. The "let him die" argument is absolutely hypocritical. The moment these people or anyone they love needs medical care, they will change their tune in a heartbeat.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I'd rather believe that Puma Punku was built by aliens rather than believe Obama.

And that's not saying much.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

I can tell you that right now I am working on a contract and I am uninsured. You may think I am a someone talking out of my ars and that I already have good healthcare but I am not. Sure I would love for there to be cheap affordable healthcare but there isnt and Obamacare isnt the answer.

Yes its easy to call me brainwashed just because I dont see it the same way you do but thats not the truth and I could say the same for you. You have believed what they told you about how great this is going to be. But talk to the people that handle insurance with your company or other companies that have been to some classes regarding what things will change for them. Look at the numbers on it. It doesnt add up. It is going to cost us more. And for the most part, in this country, right now, if someone wants health insurance they can have health insurance. We have programs to help the poor, we have jobs with health insurance and as some on here are quick to point out, we need to get off our butts and get to work. I know not all jobs offer insurance but most do and the ones that done offer it usually have other options and also blue cross and blue shield have options as well. You can get discounts for being poor as well. If there were an emergency you can go to an ER or minor emergency now and get treated. Yes you will get a bill for it.

We need something better than we have but we dont need something that for many of us will cost us more. And we dont need it shoved down our throat as a force fed option.

So dont call me brainwashed just because you think you are better than me for some reason or another. That tactic is tired and played out on this site. Try again.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

The dependency of healthcare on jobs is just a method of enslaving you (they claim to encourage new businesses, but insurance is another one of those things that keep people "stuck"). You work hard, and you have zero protection. It's people like you that should be demanding change. You are playing a dangerous game. You are looking at bankruptcy (after losing everything), best case, otherwise a bill you'll have to spend the rest of your life paying off if you become injured/experience a serious medical issue (heaven forbid).

You are defending a system that is so atrocious that almost any change should be welcome. Go through the Affordable Care Act as others have on this site, how can you be against regulation that protects the consumer from getting screwed? Insurance companies have a history of dropping the ball when people need them most (people who have paid in for years and had placed their trust in these plans). We need CHANGE (can we ever say this with a straight face again -- thanks Obama), even a change that results in higher costs would prob. wake people up/lead to improvements. If we stagnate, we are going to go bankrupt (as a nation).

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTardis

So dont call me brainwashed just because you think you are better than me for some reason or another. That tactic is tired and played out on this site. Try again.

??? I am not better than you. Skin and bones, just like you. We're brainwashed because six companies control 90% of the information that we consume.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak

Originally posted by TheTardis

??? I am not better than you. Skin and bones, just like you. We're brainwashed because six companies control 90% of the information that we consume.

But your missing the point. No one is saying something doesnt need done but a Obamacare bill that lines the pockets of half those companies your talking about isnt the answer. It isnt fixing the broken system we have now. Its just making you and I pay more to carry those that will not work. I think we need a system in place but It needs to be something that doesnt take more money from my pocket for the same health care I was getting before and that someone down the street that has 15 welfare babies and refuses to get a job can take advantage of. But I agree we need to do something. But we need to do something that works and something that works for the US and not just the same thing everyone else has. We are not like everyone else so it will not work. And if you talk to people in some of those other countries, they are not all that happy with their systems either. But right now, if people want healthcare they can have it. I could have signed up for the crappy healthcare on this contract but I didnt. I will be on full time with this company in January and they have way better insurance.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

There are plenty of countries with systems that work well/where people are happy. You've been told that the situation is garbage in other countries because it works well as disinfo.

www.pbs.org...

I hear what you are saying about "it's broke, we need to do something, just not this." Prob. is there's not a lot of real problems people can list with what was originally proposed around 2008/2009 (unless you benefit from insurance profits). The GOP use this argument to buy time/as a preservation technique. They are just buying time until other issues eclipse this one, until the public is tired of hearing about it, until we can just go back to business as usual. Perpetually or until we fail.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Again, You are making assumptions. I have spent some time in Munich and heard all about their system and that if you have money you can pay for the upgraded insurance or you can take the free option which is pretty basic and gets you in to see the doctor after quite a delay unless it is an emergency and how a lot of doctors leave the country to get paid better.

I have also talked to plenty of people from Canada that have similar stories. Don't get me wrong. They are gracious to have free healthcare but Obamacare is far from "Free". But you can quit with the brainwashed or the I just believe what I have been told stuff. I believe what I have seen and heard first hand. The systems in other countries is far from perfect and where do you think all of these high dollar doctors will go when they are told they cant charge near as much? Obamacare really didnt fix that problem. You can just make a sweeping change to peoples paychecks. Instead that buck is going to be passed on to us. And what about all the pharmaceutical companies. Do you think they are going to start selling all their drugs for nothing? My guess is that many other countries get their drugs so cheap because we pay so damn much for them it offsets. So now if we get them cheap too what happens?

What happens when the doctors cant charge as much? They let some of their staff go and their quality starts to decline.

What happens when the drug companies cant charge as much? They start laying off employees and production goes down to then the supply is slower and it takes longer to get said drugs.

There is a big ripple effect and that is why Obamacare was going to cost us more and is still costing more and more every time they look at it.

I could be way off base on all that but I think I am pretty close.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I sure do not.

Sure we have a big mess,but he just sells us out.

One thing after another with him.

He is not going to fix crap,if the next president cant,he is out in 4 years also!

Obama is a big failure,another 4 years= no thank you.

Who does not want to be a president,life time pension,health care,private security,and write a book and make 10 million.

Obama,you did not do crap,and you want another 4 years to sell us out more?

You and the Clintons,George Clooney need to get the hell out!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Prove to me why I should hope to believe in you. Most Americans will not see simple mistakes like that.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I don't get the affordable health care obama act, It amazed and frustrated me the whole time it was being brought on. I understand what it is, control. That much is obvious.

What I could not get is that we do desperately need to do somthing about our health care system in this country. All I heard was, "affordable insurance" "single payer" "government mandate". It's all about insurance! Insurance isnt the problem, the problem is huge corporatism in health care. It's filled with greed, profit margins, unions, you name it.

A few years back my daughter had an asthma attack. She paniked, it got worse. Our doc said go to the emergency room. She was in the hospital for 5 days. 5 days of getting breathing treatments, back slaps, and of couse the ever present IV. The bill was 18,000 dollars. For five days of treatment she could have recieved at home. By day two she was bored silly and was begging to come home. We had good insurance though, so that wasnt going to happen.

The problem is not on the insurance side, it's greed on the part of the medical industry as a whole.

As a side note, my best bud is a cardiology xray tech, did you know a stent, which is noting more than a small screen with a plastic border costs 1200 dollars? So, where is the issue that needs fixed

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

I swear...The man's ego could sink the planet at times.

For the people, or for the President...

Please Obama's ego doesn't compare to Bush Jr's. Remember god spoke to him and god was also on America's side.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I choose to believe in alien civilizations and multiple apocalyptic reincarnations of civilization on this planet rather than one word this fool says, he promised what everyone wanted to hear much like other predecessors in his party and utterly failed to deliver, cough cough, lied through his teeth to attain power by appealing to the masses.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

edit on 27-6-2012 by Henley because: ..

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Henley

edit on 27-6-2012 by Henley because: ..

it is a continuation of an agreement from 1993 involves getting rid of nuclear weapons and reselling the fissionable material to power plants. In other words go to the white houses web site and stay off info wars because they make everything sound like a plot to take over the world.
www.whitehouse.gov...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join