It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Muslims Stone Christians in Dearborn, MI

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
People , please.......................

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by acuna
Not sure if this has been mentioned but, no one was stoned. They had bottles and trash thrown at them but to say they were "stoned" is inflammatory and paints them purely as victims, which they are not.

Both sides were wrong in this situation. The preachers were wrong to go there and prosthelytize the way they did and the crowd is guilty of over reacting. It all could have been avoided. Extremists in any religion seem to create chaos, and bad sh*t

I disagree.

People need to learn how to tolerate other people's existence and co-exist.

We will never agree on anything especially religious crap, so in order to co-exist peacefully we all have to learn to "ignore" people who say things we don't like. Or merely argue with them.

But this violence because you don't like what someone says has got to stop. It's unacceptable and it's not civilized.

A supposed civilized being would not be easy to provoke no matter how negative you talk at them.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamNob0dy
People , please.......................

That's actually a good poster. Thanks for sharing.
Gonna save that one.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Your welcome sir

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ilovecatbinlady

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by jiggerj

In a public place? Does this mean because I'm white I can't go to a Spanish festival? Since I'm french am I banned from a German Oktoberfest? Should I stay away from Italian and Chinese restaurants? Come on!

You are welcome to attend and have a good time, just don't disrupt the thing and be disrespectful.

There are a lot of shades of "disruption" some legal some illegal.

But with disrespect, I think everyone has a right to disrespect anyone they want.
Respect isn't something that should be given carte blanche anyway.

Correct and calling a religious prophet a "pervert" is booking for a fight and saying "prepare to meet thy God" is a threat of violence.

I have the religious right to call your prophets anything I want, that's MY RELIGION.

How does your religion, or anyone else's religion, allow you to CENSOR mine?

Public property is for the Public, which includes me and my stupid beliefs too!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Not sure if this has been mentioned but, no one was stoned. They had bottles and trash thrown at them but to say they were "stoned" is inflammatory and paints them purely as victims, which they are not.

Both sides were wrong in this situation. The preachers were wrong to go there and prosthelytize the way they did and the crowd is guilty of over reacting. It all could have been avoided. Extremists in any religion seem to create chaos, and bad sh*t

I disagree.

People need to learn how to tolerate other people's existence and co-exist.

We will never agree on anything especially religious crap, so in order to co-exist peacefully we all have to learn to "ignore" people who say things we don't like. Or merely argue with them.

But this violence because you don't like what someone says has got to stop. It's unacceptable and it's not civilized.

A supposed civilized being would not be easy to provoke no matter how negative you talk at them.

I absolutely agree with you, but as long as we have religions that are governed by laws that are thousands of years old we'll see this type of behavior. Unfortunately civility goes out the windows in these cases.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Just goes to show how evil their religion is and how their religion is the true terrorist organisation in this world.

We need to do away with all religion in this world.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Is any one else just sick and tired of zealots from any religion?

I'm tired of the fighting. Who the hell (lol) would want to worship a god that preaches intolerance?

And as for christians they are supposed to be tolerant and many are equally bad compared to convert or kill muslims.

Don't get me wrong there are decent respectable people in every religion but they aren't the ones making headlines.

Grow up world.

Besides science suggests your all stupid anyway.
JUST KIDDING
edit on 27-6-2012 by constantwonder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

reply to post by ThreeBears

but HOW about the thousands of protests in Western worlds, where Muslims go to Christian or Pagan or even SECULAR events, and do the

They don't and spare us your fake outrage.

Put up or shut up; please provide evidence but don't go off on one over your own lies.

Muslims don't protest other religions? Get real.

Here is one random link from millions through Google:
Muslims protest Atheist Convention

Did the Atheists throw bottles at them? No?
Maybe because they are mature adults?

Muslims don't protest other religions.
They outright kill em, convert them or make them leave.

There's a huge issue in Egypt right now with this.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by paratus

yes it was this protest....

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I absolutely agree with you, but as long as we have religions that are governed by laws that are thousands of years old we'll see this type of behavior. Unfortunately civility goes out the windows in these cases.

You know there are tons of things I like about religions, all of them.

I don't want to give up those benefits nor the knowledge they have amassed simply because their adherents don't even know how to follow it correctly, or abuse it.

I really think the only viable solution is education. We have to educate people about what natural human rights are, and how the Constitution seeks to protect and uphold those rights.

We have to educate people about how everyone has a right to say whatever they want, especially in relation to religious beliefs, and that they must learn to respect those opinions and they can gladly disagree with it all they want until they are fulfilled.

Education I believe is the only real way to prevent violence before it even begins to develop.

link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by TrueAmerican

If a Christian group was crashing a Muslim festival, they obviously had some point of contention and expected backlash. They also seemed to expect the police to protect them. Why?

Natural consequences, if I throw trash in your yard, you have every right to kick it back in mine, and if it escalates and you kick my ass..... fine. That is what happens to people when they pick fights, eventually they get their ass kicked.

Good for the Muslims.

I've been following along a bit and you make some valid points. However, there is one thing in all of this that I find more disturbing which you haven't really acknowledged. It's the kids. It's not about 'throwing trash' in the yard anymore. The responsible thing to do when any group tries to incite anger is to simply ignore them. Especially Christians (no offense). How many times have we seen Christians hanging around an event like a rock concert or a controversial art exhibit? It's happens so often it is almost expected. What happens then? Nothing.

The only difference here is, those darn kids. Putting it mildly. None of the adults were involved in the skirmish because well, they're adults. Yes, the group was stupid for going there and yes they were crybabies to the police but what is more important is the level of animosity displayed by kids raised in a Sharia Muslim faith. A faith that shies away from confronting extremism and honor killings from within their class.

I believe the police did the right thing. Because on the surface of it all, the Christians were asking for it. But underneath lies a seedy underbelly of hate and contempt. By children. The same ones who will be collecting votes in our future, negatively influenced by teaching. Now I'm not Christian nor do I believe in organized religion, but these are people who are American citizens where freedom of religion should be tolerated. No room for ideologies from other countries to manifest into violent hatred. Unfortunately, it will not stop. It will only get worse. While I try to always be balanced, it's hard not to be afraid of what the Muslim religion represents. And this display is only a reflection of what goes on in the minds of those who consider you and me "infidels".

What went on there at that fair was wrong. Wrong with a capital. It sunk below levels the Christians walked in with. And what sunk below that were the parents and adults of those little brats whom idly sat by condoning every effort with silence. Because this is how they "silently" feel about you, and me. You see, it's not about some stupid group getting what they deserve. It's about the fact that they got it in the first place. By kids represented by their elders.

edit on 27-6-2012 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

link   

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Honestly, people like us (i dont believe we are polar opposites) should not comment on religion cauese we are both bias on our opinion.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

reply to post by ThreeBears

but HOW about the thousands of protests in Western worlds, where Muslims go to Christian or Pagan or even SECULAR events, and do the

They don't and spare us your fake outrage.

Put up or shut up; please provide evidence but don't go off on one over your own lies.

Muslims don't protest other religions? Get real.

Here is one random link from millions through Google:
Muslims protest Atheist Convention

Did the Atheists throw bottles at them? No?
Maybe because they are mature adults?

Muslims don't protest other religions.
They outright kill em, convert them or make them leave.

There's a huge issue in Egypt right now with this.

I suppose the real problem with our discussion is that we are clearly over-generalizing.

Fact # 1 = Not all people are the same
Fact # 2 = Not all Muslims are the same (or Christians or whatever)
Fact # 3 = Not all people within one religion agree with each other
Fact # 4 = Different people handle things differently, some are cautious and clever, while others are blunt and forceful.

So really, some Muslims do, some don't. Some sit at home all day, some work all day, while another may be in a hospital bed with a disease for the last decade.

Some Muslims protest. Some fight wars.

Same goes for anyone else of any organization or group known to mankind throughout our history.
It's a mixed bag, it always is.
Some are good, some are bad, some are indifferent.
Etc etc etc.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Man. There's a lot of good arguments going on here, but a lot of not so good ones too.

I have to agree that the inflammatory signs, thrust into the middle of an Arab festival are most definitely too provocative. But we've seen signs as provocative or moreso than this, through all phases of American history before. Wouldn't be the first time they've led to riots. The problem is, this is America where those signs, and people's right to free speech, whether spoken or written, are protected.

I think the Muslim community is going to have to understand that if they are going to assimilate into American culture, there is no bending of the rules just because they want to bring with them the theocracy of Islam. I don't think we give a flying **** what they want to believe, but they better believe this: they attack someone who has not physically assaulted them in this country, and they should be in jail. That still doesn't excuse the utter disrespect these supposed Christians are showing another faith with those signs. And it still doesn't excuse the actions of the Muslims either, who should be in jail for the assault- but they are not.

Overall though, I see things like this video, and believe I've got damned good reasons to feel hopeless for future generations if things continue this way.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
reply to post by MrXYZ

Honestly, people like us (i dont believe we are polar opposites) should not comment on religion cauese we are both bias on our opinion.

Oh you can comment all you want.

Just wear a flak jacket, it's a good precaution.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Agreed.
2nd

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

The Christian group was specifically targetting the children in this... their parents who were nearby were trying to get the kids to stop and get them away from the Christian group who was screaming in the megaphone... when the Christian group saw the parents try and get those kids away from the area they were in, the Christians started telling those kids that their parents wanted to get them away from the truth of the preacher man etc etc and saying see how evil is your religion that your parents want to get you away from me....

He was specifically targetting the kids, and called them demon possessed and all kinds of names... so yeah, it was kids who started lashing out, while parents really were just trying to keep the kids away... at one point the parents lost control of the kids... and for that you can bet those kids will be punished by their parents....

but the preacher was sitting there telling those kids not to listen to their parents, all the while calling them evil and demons and everything else

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I am proud to see that people from all over the world want to come to America to find a better life. I want to make that happen for all of us too!

But since America is a melting pot of all religions, cultures, traditions, etc, we have one major big rule that has to be followed. We have to learn how to co-exist peacefully and agree to disagree.

These kids acted like thugs today sure, but if we can educate them about what this nation really is suppose to represent, than they too can become productive American citizens who can make this nation a better place for everyone involved.

Education is the key to solving our problems.
Let's take advantage of this crisis and turn it into an opportunity to uplift and enlighten each other.

new topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join