It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Muslims Stone Christians in Dearborn, MI

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by redneck13

They have the right to put just about anything on that sign and walk wherever they want to with it.

No they don't.

Source

Brandenburg v. Ohio

Whitney has been thoroughly discredited by later decisions. See Dennis v. United States, 341 U.S. 494, at 507 (1951). These later decisions have fashioned the principle that the constitutional guarantees of free speech and free press do not permit a State to forbid or proscribe advocacy of the use of force or of law violation except where such advocacy is directed to inciting or producing imminent lawless action and is likely to incite or produce such action.

Going into there with inflammatory signs doesn't necessarily mean they are protected by the 1st amendment.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruckDriver69

Originally posted by Furbs

Originally posted by dontreally
Are you seriously asking this question??? IT'S A FREE COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no moral equivalency between interrupting a Muslim gathering (which is wrong) and throwing rocks and other things at the people - which is assault i.e. a crime who interrupted it. Simply call the police if you want things handled.

Clearly, and not to surprisingly, these Muslims are in the wrong.

Inciting a riot is against the law, that is clearly what was going on here.

Oh, so now its Inciting a riot...Who attacked whom? Again, we go back to the playground rules of sticks and stones. Muslims can't handle real America. We get it.. they are a poor protect minority with no capacity for individual thought or American ideals. They will never evolve beyond what their limited imaginary prophet told them..

Sounds so much like the other sub-human groups that prowl around crying woe is me all the while assaulting little boys...

Understand the law before spouting your ignorance.

2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
Chapter 752 - CRIMES AND OFFENSES
Act 302 of 1968 - RIOTS AND RELATED CRIMES (752.541 - 752.546)
Section 752.542 - Inciting to riot.

752.542 Inciting to riot.

Sec. 2.

It is unlawful and constitutes incitement to riot for a person or persons, intending to cause or to aid or abet the institution or maintenance of a riot, to do an act or engage in conduct that urges other persons to commit acts of unlawful force or violence, or the unlawful burning or destroying of property, or the unlawful interference with a police officer, peace officer, fireman or a member of the Michigan national guard or any unit of the armed services officially assigned to riot duty in the lawful performance of his duty.

History: 1968, Act 302, Imd. Eff. July 1, 1968

law.justia.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Is it everyone is discriminating against the Christians (what if they were atheist) for acting within his or her constitutional rights
Freaks are all for the Muslims that had no grounds to physically attack them by throwing things
In this country you can walk anywhere in the public domain and say anything you want to
That is what is in our constitution
This country is in piss poor shape

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jeantherapy

Even taking pleasure at your enemy's misery is prohibited yet many of the "Christians" I live near do just that.

I hope it is a small number,

You can look at the enormous amount of Charity work done world wide, but I already know what people will say about that.

I know most of todays Christians are nothing like Christ, but................. we aint Christ.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

It almost shocks me to read some members claiming the Muslims were in the wrong for reacting when the Christians clearly went to the festival to cause trouble.

I for one am shocked that this kind of thought process even exists. Those muslims are definately in the wrong. They have no right to react with physical force to insults. They are just a bunch of inbred savages who should be locked up. Stop excusing them, it is pathetic.

link   
reply to post by Kryties

Anyone who can't see how the Muslim side is wrong here doesn't know a thing about how the American constitution is supposed to work.

A moral provocation - inciting offense against a particular group, is NOT EQUIVALENT to a physical act of violence against that said group.

The constitution defend the right of free expression (at a verbal level), as long as that expression does not incite violence - which they weren't doing.

Case closed. What the Christians did was legal while the Muslim response was illegal.

As I said earlier, I think it's obnoxious to go into Muslim neighborhoods and act as they're acting, but they have a constitutional right to do so. Welcome to democracy.

It's not right to hold one group to one standard (expecting jews or blacks to ignore neo-nazis or klansman) but to penalize Christians - who are not nearly as morally obscene as the former group - to demonstrate at a Muslim gathering.

If Muslims don't like, please, feel free to go back to their Muslim countries.

link   
reply to post by dontreally

There is a difference between a Neo-Nazi rally and a 'Christian' group infiltrating a Muslim festival looking for a fight.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Those still clinging to the belief that the Christians were right and they are protected by freedom of speech should make sure they read the above posters where they quote the law involving inciting riots.....then realise that this is exactly what the Christians were doing.

If, after reading the ACTUAL law involved, you stil believe the Christians are in the right then you should probably take a good, long hard look at yourself and realise you are tainted by prejudice.
edit on 27/6/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
Are you seriously asking this question??? IT'S A FREE COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no moral equivalency between interrupting a Muslim gathering (which is wrong) and throwing rocks and other things at the people - which is assault i.e. a crime who interrupted it. Simply call the police if you want things handled.

Clearly, and not to surprisingly, these Muslims are in the wrong.

Inciting a riot is against the law, that is clearly what was going on here.

Oh, so now its Inciting a riot...Who attacked whom? Again, we go back to the playground rules of sticks and stones. Muslims can't handle real America. We get it.. they are a poor protect minority with no capacity for individual thought or American ideals. They will never evolve beyond what their limited imaginary prophet told them..

Sounds so much like the other sub-human groups that prowl around crying woe is me all the while assaulting little boys...

Understand the law before spouting your ignorance.

2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
Chapter 752 - CRIMES AND OFFENSES
Act 302 of 1968 - RIOTS AND RELATED CRIMES (752.541 - 752.546)
Section 752.542 - Inciting to riot.

752.542 Inciting to riot.

Sec. 2.

It is unlawful and constitutes incitement to riot for a person or persons, intending to cause or to aid or abet the institution or maintenance of a riot, to do an act or engage in conduct that urges other persons to commit acts of unlawful force or violence, or the unlawful burning or destroying of property, or the unlawful interference with a police officer, peace officer, fireman or a member of the Michigan national guard or any unit of the armed services officially assigned to riot duty in the lawful performance of his duty.

History: 1968, Act 302, Imd. Eff. July 1, 1968

law.justia.com...

If 10,000 people riot against people of Muslim faith does that imply they are to be deported for inciting riots?
Know the law

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Even taking pleasure at your enemy's misery is prohibited yet many of the "Christians" I live near do just that.

I hope it is a small number,

You can look at the enormous amount of Charity work done world wide, but I already know what people will say about that.

I know most of todays Christians are nothing like Christ, but................. we aint Christ.

There were a lot of blood thirsty "Christians" expressing their desire for revenge after 9/11. The things I've heard people say might really surprise you. And I live near Milwaukee, I can't even imagine the types of things that were said aloud in the bible belt.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by redneck13
Is it everyone is discriminating against the Christians (what if they were atheist) for acting within his or her constitutional rights
Freaks are all for the Muslims that had no grounds to physically attack them by throwing things
In this country you can walk anywhere in the public domain and say anything you want to
That is what is in our constitution
This country is in piss poor shape

Please review the following.

Source

Brandenburg v. Ohio

Whitney has been thoroughly discredited by later decisions. See Dennis v. United States, 341 U.S. 494, at 507 (1951). These later decisions have fashioned the principle that the constitutional guarantees of free speech and free press do not permit a State to forbid or proscribe advocacy of the use of force or of law violation except where such advocacy is directed to inciting or producing imminent lawless action and is likely to incite or produce such action.

And again. Both sides are wrong to have acted they way they did.

link   
reply to post by Furbs

What do you mean "infiltrating"?? Do they OWN the public property they are demonstrating at? Is deerborne a Muslim canton within America???

NO and NO. ANYONE can protest at any place they want, as long as they do so peacefully.

And when you say "looking for a fight" the SAME EXACT THING may be argued about the neo-nazis who support a movement that murdered 6 million Jews. If that's not "looking for a fight" but this is, you have a very twisted idea of morality.

link   
reply to post by redneck13

What law?

Deported to where??

Are you seriously suggesting the Muslims can't be naturally born Americans citizens here for generations? Do you know anything about the law or the demographics of Dearborn?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Well, I live kinda isolated, don't go to church anymore, am alternative in my beliefs, I really didn't hear much, but yea, I am sure people were angry.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

Originally posted by LadySkadi

They went in asking trouble. And when trouble found them they are all upset about it.

This. what else to say?

So you agree that people should have attacked OWS protesters, since it was obvious they were looking for trouble? Or is all this support for violent Muslims just because you all hate Christians? What is it about Islam that drives you all to so rabidly support it?

Its not all push the people on principles, when they are not even, not = in common sense. People do want common sense, but not extensions into apples/oranges used.

The issues are indeed different.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRGreer
reply to post by TruckDriver69

So the only way to protest is spouting inflammatory rhetoric? Don't you think these protestors could have found a way to protest without hate? How often does someone listen to your perspective when you are in their face with insults and telling them they are going to burn in hell if they don't listen? This was not a protest. This was a verbal assault meant stir up hate and violence.

"meant stir up hate and violence"

You Politically correct defenders of the Muslims are just amazing. In your mind they were forced to psychically assault people? Are you saying Arabs are less intelligent and can't handle the rule of "sticks and stones?" I may have to agree that Arabs are indeed lesser humans...

By your logic, I guess you could say the flaming Homosexual Gay Pride Parades make some violently angry. Some actually consider it a verbal and visual assault that stirs up hate and violence. I guess someone could just pick up a machine gun and mow all those homosexuals down because their interpretation of the Homosexual Pride parades are a destructive force in America not unlike the signs we see at this protest.

Please tell me where the difference is here? Where do we draw the line? Are only certain groups in America Protected? You people are so predictable.

edit on 27-6-2012 by TruckDriver69 because: type

Originally posted by TRGreer
Both the Muslims and Christians were wrong. Christians went to this festival to get a negative reaction. The Muslims reacted with violence. Funny thing here is we blame the faith when its those who claim to practice these religions that corrupt and twist the message of these beliefs. Jesus is a prominent figure in both faiths and I see nothing of him in either sides actions.

One more time. This was my first post on this topic. I am not defending the Muslims actions at all. I am disputing the innocence of these so called protesters that so many are so eager to defend. Justifying these actions is pretty much like being out there holding a sign with them.

edit on 27-6-2012 by TRGreer because: Typo

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

You have a serious incompetence in understanding laws.

Now which article in the law are they breaking????

- unlawful violence?? Where was the unlawful violence
- unlawful destroying or burning of property?
- or the unlawful interference with a police officer/fireman/member of national guard???

What the bloody hell are you talking about?

which article did they contravene?
edit on 27-6-2012 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Enter the typical American attitude of "damn the Muslims, we are a Christian country", of course ignorantly forgetting that they themselves, and in fact the whole damn country, are essentially illegal immigrants.

How about we ask the only inhabitants of America with a right to be there - being the native Indians, what they think about this Christian/Muslim nonsense....because going by the rationale of some posters here they are the only Americans with any right at all to have a say on these matters.

Methinks they would throw their arms up in utter frustration at the lack of civility, love for fellow man and the absolute callousness with which these two religions treat and speak to each other.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
People are drawing alot of parallels here...saying what they did is just like...???

This is what it looked like to me....

sibling (one) holding his finger really close to sibling (two's) eyeball...

sibling (one)....I'm not touching!....I'm not touching!

sibling (two)....slaps sibling(one's) hand away

sibling (one)....hey mom!....he slapped me!

....Or maybe a little bit like the Westboro loonies when they protest a dead soldier's funeral

If I'm having a picnic in the park with my family and somebody wanders in with a megaphone
and a sign that says my granfather was a pedophile....that somebody is going to get a bloody
nose.....and I don't care what the law says....sometimes just being a human gives you the right
to act a certain way when provoked

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

"to do an act or engage in conduct that urges other persons to commit acts of unlawful force or violence"

Great answer to your own question!

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join