It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Muslims Stone Christians in Dearborn, MI

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Baptist believe speaking in tongues is demonic.

Maybe there are some who broke away, but the majority of Southern Baptist do not believe in speaking in tongues.

Most Christians do not believe in tongues, and when I was growing up very very few did , although the Pentecostals are now growing more rapidly than the other groups.

Been there done that.

Anyone know what denomination these protesters were?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival

Over a thousand years ago two guys stood up and proclaimed they each
were God's favorite dude....

and we're still debating it today....it would be funny if it weren't so sad

We should have just kept on worshiping the sun....at least you can see it

They should have just had a best of three round of Rock, Paper, Scissors. Think of how different the world would be now had this occurred.....

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The real issue here isn't what some Christians or non-Muslims did.
Ok if they went in there with offensive banners and trying to provoke them, then obviously that's wrong and should be dealt with.

The real issue however is how these muslims reacted. They reacted EXACTLY how everyone expects them to react and has come to know them to react when someone says something they don't like. They resort to violence.
There is no excuse for that.

Holding a banner that says something controversial or offensive, is not a good enough reason to physically attack someone.

The police though will do nothing about these ASSAULTS, because that would put the muslim community involved up in arms and it would be a public relations and political nightmare as civil right crusader losers will get involved and turn it into a sh** storm.

If it were Christians doing the physical assaults though, you can bet your last dollar that police would have called in back up and used pepper spray and arrested people.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by facedye

did anybody else find it exceedingly funny as to how the guy filming the camera never gave us a good look at the signs his group was holding up? talk about freudian documentation, amirite?

According to their web page the guy filming was not with the group.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival

Over a thousand years ago two guys stood up and proclaimed they each
were God's favorite dude....

and we're still debating it today....it would be funny if it weren't so sad

We should have just kept on worshiping the sun....at least you can see it

I don't actually believe Jesus made these outrageous claims about himself, rather after his death people saw an opportunity to use him as a tool to manipulate the behavior of others, and boy did it work - people still send money to the pope.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

"United West"...the protestors...are not a Christian Organization...according to thier website and mission statement...they are an Anti-Muslim ...aka..be afraid and give us money...organization.

Thier "denomination" is hate.

Does that help?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
nevermind

edit on 27-6-2012 by lives because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by lives

Might want to edit that post for T&C purposes.

link   

Originally posted by lives
They should kill each other

and make the world a better place.

You mean like how the disputed territories are a better place?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

From the signs they are a lot like the westborough baptist folks.

Just another bunch of wingnuts pushing their luck.

Thank god, because if they were real christian, I would be very upset.

link   

Originally posted by TRGreer
reply to post by TruckDriver69

So the only way to protest is spouting inflammatory rhetoric? Don't you think these protestors could have found a way to protest without hate? How often does someone listen to your perspective when you are in their face with insults and telling them they are going to burn in hell if they don't listen? This was not a protest. This was a verbal assault meant stir up hate and violence.

"meant stir up hate and violence"

You Politically correct defenders of the Muslims are just amazing. In your mind they were forced to psychically assault people? Are you saying Arabs are less intelligent and can't handle the rule of "sticks and stones?" I may have to agree that Arabs are indeed lesser humans...

By your logic, I guess you could say the flaming Homosexual Gay Pride Parades make some violently angry. Some actually consider it a verbal and visual assault that stirs up hate and violence. I guess someone could just pick up a machine gun and mow all those homosexuals down because their interpretation of the Homosexual Pride parades are a destructive force in America not unlike the signs we see at this protest.

Please tell me where the difference is here? Where do we draw the line? Are only certain groups in America Protected? You people are so predictable.

edit on 27-6-2012 by TruckDriver69 because: type

link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

Originally posted by facedye
did anybody else find it exceedingly funny as to how the guy filming the camera never gave us a good look at the signs his group was holding up? talk about freudian documentation, amirite?

i'll certainly say that nobody is right here, given that this happened under the rule of our constitution. the police should have given them more protection, the "christians" should have been more creative and came up with something positive to say, and the "muslims" should have realized how helpless these people are for attention and argumentation.

now i'm not saying that our constitution posits that we can deal with a situation like this to make all parties happy, rather that in hindsight they should have all at least attempted to be like minded. clearly this is too much to ask for, but i guess that's why there's a 24 page trail of conversation about this.

these "christians" should have picked better signs to come to a religious festival with other than ones that try to insult and belittle said religion. that's just ridiculous, and i'm with you guys - they deserved it, even if it was illegal.

From the signs they are a lot like the westborough baptist folks.

Just another bunch of wingnuts pushing their luck.

If I walk up to a group a minority youths in a bad part of town and start throwing the N word around, I could hardly expect the police to come protect me.

I'm amazed that the WBC wingnuts haven't been shot at yet, restores a little of my faith in humanity and damages it all at the same time.

my sentiments exactly! although i find myself constantly wondering how i'd feel if the WBC actually did get mildly assaulted like this. it makes me think about what can possibly be done when these situations of clashing religious beliefs emerge. it seems as if we are within our rights to convey any message we want, but we are not within our rights to distance ourselves from insulting and degrading rhetoric. there's a gray area here, but it seems as if there's CERTAINLY something that could legally be done about this.

the more i think about it the more i realize that not enough people in our beautiful country understand the playground rules - although on second thought, maybe we're not supposed to.

link   

Originally posted by iWantToBeelieve
reply to post by getreadyalready

So these Christians rights to be in public dont matter because they are at a muslim convention? Lol, your perception of the law is very flawed. And as for being protected by the police, every american citizen has the right to be protected by our police, thats why theyre paid by tax payer money. Way to be a violence mongering ignorant b@stard.

They weren't just "being there."

Had they wanted to attend the festival and have a good time, I don't think anyone would have cared one bit. They were there specifically to instigate trouble, and they got it, and no the taxpayer money does not fund police to protect instigators from getting exactly what they asked for.

The police are there to protect innocent people from aggressors, not protect aggressors from people defending themselves.

I believe the ignorance is on your part, and the part of the people in the video whining when they started some trouble, and then it splashed back on them, and they felt the police were just letting it happen. That is some ignorance. If you pull the tiger's tail, he is probably going to bite you. Even my kids know that when they do something stupid, knowing better, and they get hurt, they shouldn't bother looking for sympathy from Dad, because I'm going to roll my eyes and say, "Well, what did you expect to happen?"

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

"United West"...the protestors...are not a Christian Organization...according to thier website and mission statement...they are an Anti-Muslim ...aka..be afraid and give us money...organization.

Thier "denomination" is hate.

Does that help?

So they aren't Christians?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
this is what happens when one group of religious whack jobs try to crash a festival of different religious whack jobs

everyone in this video is borderline retarded if you ask me

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Well , hello

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I am reminded of the quote.. I think it was Gandhi.. or maybe Jean-Luc Picard...

"Don't start nothin', won't be nothin'".

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

Originally posted by Indigo5

I don't need to convert to Islam to know these inbreds are idiots.

I love how you finish with this. A racial attack based on stereotypes of poor, rural white people. I GUARANTEE the irony is lost on you.

Why is it your opinion that poor, rural white people as inbreds? I didn't state that? Inbreeding literally breeds ignorance in the form of low IQs and developmental disorders...it is a non-discrimnatory insult, but your assumption of "poor and white"? Not so much...

link   
Are you seriously asking this question??? IT'S A FREE COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no moral equivalency between interrupting a Muslim gathering (which is wrong) and throwing rocks and other things at the people - which is assault i.e. a crime, who interrupted it. Simply call the police if you want things handled.

Clearly, and not to surprisingly, these Muslims are in the wrong.
edit on 27-6-2012 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

link   

reply to post by facedye

According to their web page the guy filming was not with the group.

if that's really the case, then what's stated on their website just made this situation a whole lot sillier. lol

he DEFINITELY acted like he was a part of the group.. i mean... he was with them the whole time. that's kind of unbelievable. i'm chuckling as i'm writing this, in fact. that doesn't make you laugh, stormdancer?

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join