It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Muslims Stone Christians in Dearborn, MI

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by TrueAmerican

CHRISTIANS ?

Yeah right. More like fundamentalists carrying signs that were hostile to Arabs and then shooting it on video to say "Aww look at us. They attacked us because we're Christian"

NO ONE IS BUYING THAT STORY ! THIS AINT 1934

They attacked them because they were disrupting their festival with hate filled rhetoric and xenophobic material on the signs they were carrying.

Yes, that is easy to see in the video. If the Christian were not so adamant about telling everyone not them is going to Hell, and that they are sinners, and all that crap, perhaps they would be left alone. This reminds me of the Westboro Church people protesting Military funerals not too long ago. Karma bites!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

unreal, I cannot believe you said that. Did you even WATCH the video? My god..

Did you? The title of the thread is misleading. They were not "stoning"anybody, some youths were throwing bottles and rocks at a group of people there specifically to threaten, harass, and insult them.

You've got the biker mantra in your avvy, would your group of friends allow some other group to scream insults at them through a megaphone, threaten them, tell them they are going to hell, and that they have no right to be in their town? I know my wouldn't.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

My deep condolences to you and your family.

edit on 27-6-2012 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

It doesn't happen in the US, at least not to the degree that fundie Christian groups do it. And yes, I have said several times already, the fundies have the right to say what they say, they shouldn't say these things, they should leave people alone,but they have the right....up to a point and I think they crossed that line. The law generally doesn't look too fondly on inciting and that is exactly what these fundies did. I promise you that if anyone got in my childs face and told him the prophet of his God was a child molesting murderer, it would be far worse than a water bottle. You do not threaten a childs peace of mind nor their ability to attend an event freely.

All that said, were any dopey elected official to try and use these morons to silence free speech I would stand with them to fight it, regardless of how much they disgust me.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

The link is supposed to go to 12:47
edit on 27/6/12 by Mark Harris because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Holy crap, that poor effing cop. He is calm, reasonable and his priorities are in the right place: "We need to go, because you know this is just going to escalate... I am here to protect everyone's rights... One of your people is going to get hurt, or one of the crowd, or one of my guys is going to get hurt."

At one point, the ringleader of the Christian group (though their signs proclaim some distinctly un-Christian sentiments), claims that he observed police officers turning their backs when bottles were being thrown. You know what? If that was the case, I truly do not blame them.

If someone decided to slather themselves up in honey and march into a bear pit holding a sign that says, "Bears sux!" and then demanded to be protected, well... Buddy, maybe you shouldn't be starting shhh and then crying for Daddy Law Enforcement to save your dumb ass.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Ha ha, I did watch it and the Christian mongs got shown up by a bunch of kids!

For the record I don't back any religion, they are all orientated around a continued patriarchy as women are second class citizens (at best) in all the main religions. I especially despise the rants from the privileged white, Christian males (usually) who make out that their position in society is under threat, I include my own country in that. Pathetic.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
What a ridiculous thread and rather unproffesional move by members for putting on front page and that is intentionally to cause a stirr and curry favour to dumb christians on ATS.

Over 1 stupid video.LMFAO

edit on 27-6-2012 by iIuminaIi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by iIuminaIi

Mods don't put stuff on the front page, members do. When you flag and respond it moves things to the front. You responded, so you are part of the guilty party.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Thank you.

Edited

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

It doesn't happen in the US, at least not to the degree that fundie Christian groups do it. And yes, I have said several times already, the fundies have the right to say what they say, they shouldn't say these things, they should leave people alone,but they have the right....up to a point and I think they crossed that line. The law generally doesn't look too fondly on inciting and that is exactly what these fundies did. I promise you that if anyone got in my childs face and told him the prophet of his God was a child molesting murderer, it would be far worse than a water bottle. You do not threaten a childs peace of mind nor their ability to attend an event freely.

All that said, were any dopey elected official to try and use these morons to silence free speech I would stand with them to fight it, regardless of how much they disgust me.

Agreed.

Personally I can't stand all this extreme religious stuff.

I can't understand why people can't follow and worship their chosen religion privately, like at home or something. That way they can't get on anyone's nerves and subjecting others to it.

Why do they have to preach from the rooftops?

We don't all want to hear/see it/suffer it, me included - what about our right to NOT be subjected to it? That's what I'd like to know

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eidolon23
Holy crap, that poor effing cop. He is calm, reasonable and his priorities are in the right place: "We need to go, because you know this is just going to escalate... I am here to protect everyone's rights... One of your people is going to get hurt, or one of the crowd, or one of my guys is going to get hurt."

At one point, the ringleader of the Christian group (though their signs proclaim some distinctly un-Christian sentiments), claims that he observed police officers turning their backs when bottles were being thrown. You know what? If that was the case, I truly do not blame them.

If someone decided to slather themselves up in honey and march into a bear pit holding a sign that says, "Bears sux!" and then demanded to be protected, well... Buddy, maybe you shouldn't be starting shhh and then crying for Daddy Law Enforcement to save your dumb ass.

My Thoughts exactly especially the the honey part
_javascript:icon('
')

Its sad that today most protests are about creating more division between human kind instead of saying enough is enough. Thousands of years of division has brought us to where we are today, If we were to unite as a human race we could go on for millions more. Without unity as 1 race 1 planet our growing population will destroy what we created through division (NOW, the present) and there will be no future.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Did the Christian protestors think that the Muslims at the festival were going to just start converting over to their faith? What was the point of even showing up? They knew they would get a violent response from the Muslims at the festival. The Christians tried to make them look violent but any large group of religious people will act violent in a crowd.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nspekta

From a little while ago,
Christian missionary group with pig's head taunt Arab-Americans at Dearborn festival

www.freep.com...

Text Tensions flared Friday evening at the annual Arab International Festival in Dearborn as members of some Christian missionary groups — including one called the Bible Believers — taunted Arab Americans with a pig’s head and signs that promoted hatred of Islam.“You’re gonna burn in hell,” one missionary shouted at a group of young Arab-American boys listening to him speak on Warren Avenue, where the festival takes place.

Some of the signs the missionaries held read: "Islam is a religion of blood and murder" and "Muhammad (Islam's prophet) is a ... liar, false prophet, murderer, child molesting pervert

If this is the same group, and I'm sure it is, They werent there just for fun, they had a cause. They were spouting hate. They were carrying a freakin' pigs head! Do they deserved to be stoned?

Did they assault anyone with that pig head? ... moving on...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by iIuminaIi
What a ridiculous thread and rather unproffesional move by members for putting on front page and that is intentionally to cause a stirr and curry favour to dumb christians on ATS.
edit on 27-6-2012 by iIuminaIi because: (no reason given)

wow

yea how about that,

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
As far as I am concerned, there should be more of these religiously offensive protests. Now the police can round up those muslims and christians who could not keep their cool and commited violence, and lock them up. Then go back for round two until none of them wackos remain on the streets, or get used to have their religion insulted.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll

Agreed.

Personally I can't stand all this extreme religious stuff.

I can't understand why people can't follow and worship their chosen religion privately, like at home or something. That way they can't get on anyone's nerves and subjecting others to it.

Why do they have to preach from the rooftops?

We don't all want to hear/see it/suffer it, me included - what about our right to NOT be subjected to it? That's what I'd like to know

This has to do with religions basics.

Part of all religion is to promote and conquer new followers. However, it is kind of sarcastic that those loud ones (and to be honest all religion have this kind of extremism) are actually doing opposite of their intention.

If they knew anything about human psychology, they would know that people revolt to anything shouted at them and promoted with hate, rather profound way...

At least none of them can use weapons to 'extend' religion as they used to...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoctorMobius
reply to post by getreadyalready

Right to peaceably assemble? Silly me, I forgot that right doesn't extend to Christians anymore.

Going out to look for a fight because your imaginary friend tells so is the exact opposite of peaceably. Cam whores looking for a photo-op. Contitution does not cover stupidness.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I am glad they got stoned!! They were there to provoke a response, and thats what they got. And the cops saw it too so they said "Dude your on your own". Its like the K.K.K. going to protest a Black Panther gathering....stupid people do stupid things.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

what about our right to NOT be subjected to it? That's what I'd like to know

I feel you I really do, it drives me crazy. However, I will have to disagree with you because that is a slippery slope that I'm not willing to slide down. Argue with them or walk past with your fingers in your ears, that's how I look at it lol. That is the price we pay for freedom of speech, sometimes we have to hear things we don't like.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join