It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nightfall

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I am posting this here as it may pertain to our lost history.

Many things have come to light that has given thought to humanities past.
What knowledge was gain and lost?

There was a book written many years ago by Isaac Asimov,it was call "Nightfall".

Isaac Asimov's "Nightfall" tells the story of a civilization on a planet with six suns, where night comes only once every 2,049 years. Scholars of that world have uncovered traces of at least nine previous cultures, all of which reached a height comparable to their own and then vanished suddenly. Because of their viewing handicap, those scientists' cosmology is faulty. At their most creative, they can only imagine that their universe consists of perhaps a few dozen "stars"—mysterious lights that eccentric cultists are forever talking about. When night does fall and myriad stars shine forth, their cosmology, and indeed the philosophical basis of their society, crumbles.

plasmauniverse.info...

What if we are in the same boat.

Let me give you an example,squatting man.

www.theplasmaverse.com...

Did they,the ancients of the world witness some sort of event that was recorded,but that memory was erased by some cataclysmic event that severely reduce the the populous,losing that precious info?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
From your link

Anthony L. Peratt is a world leading research scientist on high energy Plasma Discharges. Perhaps the leading authority and some Plasma characteristics have been named as Peratt Instabilities. He has carried out field research on Petroglyphs (rock art carved into rocks) after noticing the similarity between high energy plasma discharges and the images recorded in rock art and cave drawings by nations all over the world. His conclusion is that the Squatter Man (Squatting Man) was the event that inspired all the images and it was a Plamsa Discharge witnessed by humans on earth.

I see this is a heavy piece of work that would take hours to read but in my brief look, ll I fail to see why these plasma discharges would always be located in essentially the same place between the raised arms and legs.

I do agree with the probability of events that made survivors disoriented and confused. Most of what I see posted comes from traditional ancient texts but the Kolbrin Book talks of these events in more graphic detail as well as man's behavior after.

S&F

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

I do agree with the probability of events that made survivors disoriented and confused. Most of what I see posted comes from traditional ancient texts but the Kolbrin Book talks of these events in more graphic detail as well as man's behavior after.

I see that part of it now.

thekolbrin.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I am sadden that few comprehend this.
But I will always try to spread the knowledge.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
The major item i was referring to is

Men and their dwelling places were gone, only sky boulders and red earth remained where once they were, but amidst all the desolation a few survived, for man is not easily destroyed. They crept out from caves and came down from the mountainsides. Their eyes were wild and their limbs trembled, their bodies shook and their tongues lacked control. Their faces were twisted and the skin hung loose on their bones. They were as maddened wild beasts driven into an enclosure before flames; they knew no law, being deprived of all the wisdom they once had and those who had guided them were gone.

The Kolbrin

But this really digresses from your main post

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Not quite seeing the connection you are trying to make

The book you are referring to was science fiction, not history.

In the book, which I have read, archaeologists did find substantial ruins

Scholars of that world have uncovered traces of at least nine previous cultures, all of which reached a height comparable to their own and then vanished suddenly

They found massive ruins, habitations, relics galore...we have found......nothing......

So correct me if I'm wrong - you then connect this story to the common petroglyph representation of a figure of a man and then connect that to the electric universe idea?

Seems, shall we say, tenuous

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

There was a book written many years ago by Isaac Asimov,it was call "Nightfall".

I just reread Nightfall a short time ago. That is a terrible synopsis. The collapse of civilization(s) was not due to a crumbling of their cosmology or the "philosphical basis of their society" (whatever that means). It was caused by mass psychosis, the result of never before experienced darkness. On the planet in question everyone had a nightlight in their bedroom. When darkness comes the population burns their cities for the light produced by the fires. It was, in fact, the scientists who fared somewhat better than the rest of the population (even though they had to "revise" their cosmology, as a scientist does when presented new evidence).

Interesting hypothesis (of Anthony Peratt) that the squatting man petroglyphs have something to do with auroral displays rather than representing human forms. He also thinks that the layout of Stonehenge indicates this. But Peratt doesn't seem to think they have anything to do with destroyed civilizations or some one time, or rare event.

On the other hand, the ancient concentrics and spirals, the remains of some having been cut and carved 8 cm deep in granite, suggests that intense auroral events were a common occurrence for at least a few centuries if not millennia.
source

edit on 6/27/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

Very interesting read,thank you for sharing that.

I have read only a portion,but wow!
I wonder if this is in line with the bible or not.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Not quite seeing the connection you are trying to make

The book you are referring to was science fiction, not history.

In the book, which I have read, archaeologists did find substantial ruins

Scholars of that world have uncovered traces of at least nine previous cultures, all of which reached a height comparable to their own and then vanished suddenly

They found massive ruins, habitations, relics galore...we have found......nothing......

So correct me if I'm wrong - you then connect this story to the common petroglyph representation of a figure of a man and then connect that to the electric universe idea?

Seems, shall we say, tenuous

Yes,Hanslune,it is a bit weak.
But it is all just a thought I had.
Nothing substantial,just a theory.

Where I was going with it is that maybe in the past some event happened that was recorded through out the world before there was a clear written history of it.
I was using the Nightfall book as an example.

Can you,as our resident archaeologists, either confirm or prove wrong those images from around the world?
And were they created around the same time?

I forgot to add the original link I was referring to.Sorry.

Abstract— ThediscoverythatobjectsfromtheNeolithicorEarlyBronze Age carry patterns associated with high-current Z-pinchesprovides a possible insight into the origin and meaning of these an-cient symbols produced by man. This paper directly compares thegraphical and radiation data from high-current Z-pinches to thesepatterns. The paper focuses primarily, but not exclusively, on pet-roglyphs. It is found that a great many archaic petroglyphs can beclassified according to plasma stability and instability data. As thesame morphological types are found worldwide, the comparisonssuggest the occurrence of an intense aurora, as might be producedifthesolarwindhadincreasedbetweenoneandtwoordersofmag-nitude, millennia ago. Index Terms— Aurora, high-energy-density plasma, magnetohy-drodynamics (MHD) instabilities, petroglyphs, pictographs, stone-henge, Z-pinch.

www.scribd.com...#
e dit on 27-6-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yes,Phage ,I agree,I did not present it well.

Interesting hypothesis (of Anthony Peratt) that the squatting man petroglyphs have something to do with auroral displays rather than representing human forms. He also thinks that the layout of Stonehenge indicates this. But Peratt doesn't seem to think they have anything to do with destroyed civilizations or some one time, or rare event.

But as stated above,it is just a theory,something to waste your time on,if so desired.

www.scribd.com...#

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
interesting stuff if true.
if you are really interested in more along these lines you might try reading some of velikovsky's books.
not that i am a catastrophist but he certainly brings up a lot of food for thought.
the thought that our ancestors were trying to warn of us some impending repeating doom is rather scary.
honestly i am not sure what to think of this kind of thing. i originallly ran into velikovsky because he had a different take on historical dating (specifically the "tablets of wen-amon").
i really do not have much science background so the whole electric universe stuff is well beyond me. but i do enjoy speculating into the realm of possibities.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
The images/symbols would most likely be early attempts to associate man and his four or five appendages with the four quarters of the Earth and the North-South and East-West axis, the two circles seen either side correspondant to the setting sun of the West and rising sun of the East, in conjunction with formative afterlife beliefs based upon observations of natural cycles.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Thankyou for an incredible thread! Never heard of Peratt, which is not surprising, and have now read maybe half a dozen or so of the links on this. What an absolutely bizzare explanation for all the wierd stick figures. I'm going to have to read more on this z-pinch stuff and I think you're onto something with this. However did you happen upon it?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

.reply to post by kdog1982

Perhaps it is because they saw this ...

Or rather the working device this depicts .

If you don't see it ... Thorhill didn't get it either

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by R0CR13

But that's the Goddess Tanit, no...?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Yes it is the Tanit of Carthage so it is called ... According to those all knowing professionals it is a goddess ..

If you understand that the goddess is what this evolved into over thousands of years of religious practice ..you may be able to see what it really is ..

Really what does it look like to you ?

A goddess ??

Imagine you are a member of civilization at the end of the ice age and a catastrophe wipes out your culture and technology ..

What is the first thing you do after bugging out .. ?

You try to reestablish your civilization ..right ? I mean you want your Power Back On ! .. right ?

Well they did too .. first trying in Sumeria .. then Egypt .. and as the technology is lost through attrition.. war and fatal mistakes you begin to replace technology with religious beliefs to explain what you Don't Know Anymore ..

That is what happened ...

The further back you go the closer to the real meaning you get ..

This tanit I'd dare to guess is a or from a very early representation ... later it was replaced by the human looking goddess figures ..

So I'll cut to the chase and give you my take

This is an early drawing of a functioning Pyramid ..

The Sumarian described it The Tower of Marduk ... and others ..

The Egyptians take on it were the Great Pyramids .

Every key feature on this Tanit is mentioned and described in both cultures ...and was known to most cultures around the world .

Do you want the in depth analysis ..I'm trying to be brief ?

The pyramid is obvious .. as this was an Egyptian observation I'll focus on that .. Sorry Marduk .

This person had access to the inner secrets or was observing at the absolute peak of functionality .

The Pyramid = Mass of EM beneficial material

The circle at the top is the Eye read about the Eye of ..Horus.. Thoth .. the healing of .. loss of ..

It glows due to the field it generates .

Inside you see three dots they represent the "queens chanber" and two kings chambers that form off axis filters as well as locating the energy sources .. Arks that Arc .

A little known feature that is correct is what appears to be two arms with fingers outstreatched .

This is a collection system for the energy that was tapped as well as fed back into the system by way of the shafts ... thats why the copper in the doors [shafts] is corroded ... it needed maintainance .

The Crystal Eye stone at the apex sat in a room atop the djed pillar ... this was a coupling device designed to energize the crystal with the power generated by the Arks .

A crystal was found by Raymond Brown in 70 I think off Bimini .. you know the story .. I hope .
This crystal has very specific properties that directly effect gravity ..

Above the entire structure the Horns as they were called in Sumeria.. in Egypt the God Shu made up of the "Arms" and held the Heavens in place ... Both describe this Field that was being generated ..

The Descending lines that look like Arrows stacked is a Plasma Stream being drawn by a conductive gravitational anomally created when the entire structure was in resonance with the Eye Stone .

One account recalls the pyramid had a spire and rails that would aid in this structure attaining a unified resonance .

And what did people See ?

A Plasma Stream similar to the Aurora but focused .. which is what is being described around the World !

There was once a Tree ..of Life ... Its roots deep into the ground and its branches supporting the Heavens .

And Angels and Gods or Men .. what have you came and went by this Tree ..Rope ..Stairway..

It is a universal story .

An account exists of what I believe to be an Ice Age remnant ..

The Vedic story goes the Tree was Destroyed the sky rose the Earth was Burned and a Great Flood Followed .

I believe this is what led to Sumerian and Egypt .. attempts to reestablish this technology as long as they had the primary parts .. The Eyes and Arks .

Well that's the unillustrated short version ..

I can of course support this with copious amounts of documentation ..

That does not in any way agree with the likes of Budge and others ...

I meant calling an Eye Stone A Melon good god ..

So what did NASA just tell us ... Portals Do Exist in Plasma Streams and the Traverse Time and Space .

The Electric Universe guys are right it is Electric .. they think it was the Sun that erupted ..

I think it was our own creation gone out of control probably due to a Solar Spike in out put that was not regulated
and lead to a "cascade event" . .. or the .. mother of all dragons unleashed on Earth .

Oh that reminds me the Story of Marduk and Tiamat is the story of an Industrial Accident even the Bible recalls the tower of Bable .

Look into T Towsend Browns Pyramid research ..He was on the right track .

edit on 10-7-2012 by R0CR13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by R0CR13

Funny you should mention Townsend Brown.
I kinda know his daughter.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

reply to post by kdog1982

cool the guy was a massive genius ..

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I just reread Nightfall a short time ago. That is a terrible synopsis. The collapse of civilization(s) was not due to a crumbling of their cosmology or the "philosphical basis of their society" (whatever that means). It was caused by mass psychosis, the result of never before experienced darkness. On the planet in question everyone had a nightlight in their bedroom. When darkness comes the population burns their cities for the light produced by the fires. It was, in fact, the scientists who fared somewhat better than the rest of the population (even though they had to "revise" their cosmology, as a scientist does when presented new evidence).

On the other hand, the ancient concentrics and spirals, the remains of some having been cut and carved 8 cm deep in granite, suggests that intense auroral events were a common occurrence for at least a few centuries if not millennia.
source

edit on 6/27/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Lets think about this.
What happened when advanced civilizations visited people less advance? Disruption of their beliefs,the core to how they interpreted life.
So,the appropriate approach to a civilized population that is less advanced as yours would be a little at at a time,baby steps.

But at the same time ,this group of people,not quite as advanced,record they're experiences.
They record them as they interpret them,not as they are actual.
edit on 17-6-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join