It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK's MI5 chief warns of 'terrorism threat'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

UK's MI5 chief warns of 'terrorism threat'

www.aljazeera.com

Britain has seen a credible "terrorist" attack plot about once a year since the September 11 attacks, a worrying pattern as London prepares to host the Olympics, the head of the country's intelligence agency has said.

Jonathan Evans, MI5's director-general, spoke at the mayor of London's annual defence and security lecture on Monday. He said that although the threat level in the United Kingdom is a notch below where it has been for much of the past decade, the risk is still substantial."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
hosted.ap.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Undercover Reporter Infiltrates Security Firm to Expose London Olympics
Creepy document of Rockefeller Foundation foretelling bomb attack at London Olympics 2012?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Ok.. so its not much of a warning, pretty vague.. But still it is something!

But the "terrorist" threat is also widening to include al-Qaeda affiliates in Mali, Yemen, Somalia and parts of the Middle East, he noted.]

And this,

"And a small number of British would-be jihadis are also making their way to Arab countries to seek training and opportunities for militant activity, as they do in Somalia and Yemen. Some will return to the UK and pose a threat here. This is a new and worrying development."

My concern is its possible link to this earlier story,
AP Exclusive: Al-Qaida trains Norwegian to attack
(from the article in that thread) AP
Talking about new intel about a Norweigan man that has supposedly received training in Yemen and

"We believe he is operational and he is probably about to get his target," one security official said. "And that target is probably in the West."
!
Supposedly he is so clean he 'doesn't even have a parking ticket'...
Seems fishy to me... Its a perfect set-up peice!

Just seems weird to me that MI5 is making this warning today after that first story came out?! Is this a set-up for a false flag or maybe an actual attack on London during the Olympics? Or maybe another country?
Thoughts?!

www.aljazeera.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 6/26/2012 by Nspekta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I can't wait for the Olympics to be over so we stop hearing about this all the time.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catalyst317
I can't wait for the Olympics to be over so we stop hearing about this all the time.

Yup, nothing ever happens because we still have McDonald's, Wal-Mart and American Idol...all is good.

Same state of mind amongst the populace on Sept 10th, 2001 I believe.

Carry on.

Peace

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Funny, i wonder how many of those Uk residents going out for training are actually MI6 agents. Most of them i'd guess
edit on 26-6-2012 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
My request to Mr Evans would be to stop reminding the public to be scared.

Fearmongering needs to be opposed, wherever it occurs.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

If there was any kind of serious threat, the organisers wouldn't be subcontracting the security arrangements to companies that are more concerned about costs than security.

Yeah, scaremongering and possibly preparing the excuses in advance to the false flag ops.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Yup, nothing ever happens because we still have McDonald's, Wal-Mart and American Idol...all is good.

Carry on.

Peace

Funny you mention 'McDonalds' as they have built a huge one at the Olympics site!!

Even more funny when sport is all about keeping fit and healthy yet they build this at the site!!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

There is a wealth of Illuminati symbolism surrounding the London 2012 games. I am due to work for G4S in London and am being vetted to start shortly, so this matters to me. My girlfriend is also working there for the duration so I am worried for her safety too.

go to: www.youtube.com...

pause the video at 3.26 look at the cycle route...

You may already be familiar with the work of Wayne Herschel. At www.thehiddenrecords.com... he highlights the correlation between many ancient heritage sites and their similarly to the pleiades and orion star systems.

Compare this outline with the map of the pleiades and how the route round buckingham palace is in the shape of orion.

Also note how the SERPENTINE river runs into the part which represents the pleiades...
Reptiles and a correlation between an ancient map of human origins and the tracing of orion around buckingham palace? my dad says im brainwashed...

just thought it was interesting. Theres a lot of wishwash about false flag attacks or alien arrivals at the games. All the Illuminati-esque symbolism that is outlined in youtube videos highlighting the promotional material and films seems to indicate that something will happen. Someone is telling us something...

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Links -

Police Officer Warns Of An "Event" In October 2012
youtu.be...

China Says War With US Imminent
www.washingtontimes.com...

China Says War With US Imminent (Backup Link)
stratrisks.com...

Fort Bragg Shooting 06/28/2012
www.foxnews.com...

Supreme Court Upholds Obamacare
www.cnn.com...

Armed Tax Agents To Enforce Obamacare
nation.foxnews.com...

Eric Holder In Contempt Of Congress
www.cnn.com...

US National Debt Clock
www.usdebtclock.org...

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nspekta
And this,

"And a small number of British would-be jihadis are also making their way to Arab countries to seek training and opportunities for militant activity, as they do in Somalia and Yemen. Some will return to the UK and pose a threat here. This is a new and worrying development."

OK, how about this solution... I know it's a bit wacky and extreme...

Strip them of their "British" nationality and don't let them back in the UK.

Ever.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Carry on.

Peace

There are always threats to national security and the population of any country. The only reason it is stated is to distract or cover their own ass. They make statements like this so that when something does happen they can point at this speech and say "see, we told you!"

And the thing that most people completely ignore is the number affected.

If a terrorist does get through the massive network of anti-terror measures already in place in the UK, there is only so much damage they can do and only so many they can harm.

In contrast, a bank acting criminally can result in hundreds of thousands of people being thrown into poverty, losing their homes, their jobs, their lives...

The level of fear experienced and the probability of being affected do not correlate. A person is more likely to be hit by a bus than be involved in a terrorist attack, and yet the public are duped into thinking it's the most dangerous thing that could happen to each and every one of them.

We should, of course, do what we can (within reason) to prevent crime and terrorism, but these kinds of blanket statements do not help anyone but the security services and those in government who would like nothing more than to watch every move of every UK citizen through every means.

Statements like these are used by our more oppressive MP's to justify their plans to control, restrict, monitor and impinge upon the basic rights to privacy of every UK citizen.

I can almost guarantee that an MP is writing sections of that speech down in a report right now and will be using it to persuade other idiots in our government that we must all be deemed criminals to prevent terrorism.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
It never ceases to amaze me that the authorities seem to know exactly who these people are, yet they allow them to fly anywhere in the world rather than put them on the no fly list. They also seem to 'KNOW' that they have received 'terrorism' training, yet allowed them back into the country and into the community.
This all stinks to high heaven and anyone with even half a brain should be able to recognize the whole thing is a set up.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
This fearmongering is going to get worse and worse and worse, how hard is it work out these terrorist bastards seriously? they blatantly know who are the main threats and with all the phone/email/video surveillance at there disposal... tight track is kept on them.. this guy needs ot shut the fu*k up

like the previous poster said why let them back in to the country when they know they are visiting pakistan every month for there training...

this country needs to stand up to all these dirty immigrants and stop failing the poor and the disabled and just battering them constantly..

I HATE IT.

top topics

join