It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I require some assistence. Please help !!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Hey guys I just decided to share an experience with you that has confused me lately

I meditate before bed and recently a phenomenon has been occurring.

After some time of patiently sitting in the lotus pose I begin to not feel my breathing. When this occurs my body becomes really still and I can not feel my body at all. It is as if I am in a blank space floating around and yet at the same time I am aware of my thoughts and body. From time to time my body vibrates but mostly I experience complete stillness, this is when I freak out because even though I am breathing I think that I am not.

However, this is the real experience that has me confused when entering the stage above ^
Yesterday I experienced light pulsations and when I opened my eyes everything around me had these tiny dots that were moving. The best I could describe it is like static on tv but a lot smaller in a pitch black room. What shocked me the most is that this occurred after the light pulsations.

I have a list of questions and would love to get advice/answers :

Am I doing something wrong during my meditation?

Should I be pushing further into the stillness stage?

What was that light pulsation?

What are those tiny static like dots?

I'm a real newbie at meditation so I am not even sure how I got to the stillness part.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
You have found peace and the silence within. You are doing it right jut go with it and be open to sounds, visuals, and thoughts. Don't try to analyze them simply remember them and when your meditation is over then analyze what you saw, heard and/or experienced.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
You have found peace and the silence within. You are doing it right jut go with it and be open to sounds, visuals, and thoughts. Don't try to analyze them simply remember them and when your meditation is over then analyze what you saw, heard and/or experienced.

What do you think that light pulsation was?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
When one finds the silence within they are deep in the Alpha state of mind. In the Alpha state it makes it easier to see the energies that surround you. It would be my opinion that you were joined by your spiritual guides in their celebration of your success.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by The Magicians Apprentice

That could be your minds interpretation of the Tao.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Magicians Apprentice

What do you think that light pulsation was?

Makyo

Just ignore them.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwontrun

Please explain more on what Tao is. I am always willing to accept new knowledge.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toromos

Just ignore them.

So I presume you are implying they are there to distract you and take you out of the deep state of meditation?
edit on 26-6-2012 by The Magicians Apprentice because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
It sounds to me like you are on the verge of an OOBE. The phenomena you're experiencing is natural.

Proceed with confidence, light and LOVE.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by psychoacoustic1
It sounds to me like you are on the verge of an OOBE. The phenomena you're experiencing is natural.

Proceed with confidence, light and LOVE.

Thank you.

However, not an OOBE this is different and I know what you mean I have a few OOBE's from time to time.

But.. thank you

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Magicians Apprentice

Originally posted by iwontrun

Please explain more on what Tao is. I am always willing to accept new knowledge.
Tao is everything. There is nothing without Tao.

At least, that's how I understand it.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

They're nothing real. Makyo are just illusions that occur. At the beginning theyre akin to what is experienced when we have a lack of stimulation. People confuse these illusions with something deeper. They're not. You are getting better at sitting so keep at it, but these lights, colors, smells, and hallucinations you might experience are just that, illusions.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

As a good introduction I suggest "The Tao of Pooh" its a great read and was the first step in a very wonderful journey for me. However, I must say that Toromos explanation in this case might be spot on. Cudos Toromos

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
In march during my meditation I was given a message by what looked like a monk who I might have hallucinated. However, I think it is an interesting message and if it was a hallucination during a meditation it was a hell of a spiritual one
. I was wondering if you guys can tell me what it is about and its deeper meaning.

I am not the judge or a divine being for I am a mere guide to you and your will for I serve all equally as all should be. For within you is a divine pond that is rattled by waves, I can merely show you a way to calm the waves but it is you who must seek the still reflection of yourself within the pond. Inner peace is given to all and you are given the tools to build your perfect pond and stepping stone.

Enjoy

My brain can not handle philosophy sorry

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Ask a question silently with each incoming breath: What Am I? Or: What is this?
You will get an answer.
You may want to experiment with open-eyes meditation - focus on a 45 degree angle, put your tongue up against the soft palate (this triggers the pineal gland.) Let your eyes cross if they want to.
Lights are a sign of the third eye awakening.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

Very nice, but I believe the Tao to be that which cannot be explained.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur
Tao is everything. There is nothing without Tao.

At least, that's how I understand it.

So basically Tao is life it self a.k.a Chi, The Jedi Force, Creation and etc?

Plus I think I am not at that stage yet to experience Tao etc. I am still a newbie at meditation

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toromos

They're nothing real. Makyo are just illusions that occur. At the beginning theyre akin to what is experienced when we have a lack of stimulation. People confuse these illusions with something deeper. They're not. You are getting better at sitting so keep at it, but these lights, colors, smells, and hallucinations you might experience are just that, illusions.

By my personal experience this is incorrect and based on the lack of ability science has to explain them. It is advice like this that hinder ones access to the Akashic records. Does this make you wrong and me right? No, it is only what I have experienced and have come to understand through my own meditations. I therefore submit that ones personal experience is truth to they who experience it and their understandings of their experiences come from the heart. At least until science can catch up anyway.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kokatsi
Ask a question silently with each incoming breath: What Am I? Or: What is this?
You will get an answer.
You may want to experiment with open-eyes meditation - focus on a 45 degree angle, put your tongue up against the soft palate (this triggers the pineal gland.) Let your eyes cross if they want to.
Lights are a sign of the third eye awakening.

I will try it thank you

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

That's a major illusion and well documented in meditative literature -- the guide. It occurs in Zen, Hindu, and Christian meditation. Again, my advice is to ignore it. One of the goals of meditation is to loosen the grip of representational thinking. A talking monk is seductive, but not of the path.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join