It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A very positive outlook on transhumanism in Mass Effect 3 EC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
In Mass Effect 3 if you pick Synthesis ending all the species are turned into translifeforms. This here is a very positive projection of what I wanted to get across in my other thread. In this ending they all gain an equal level of understanding between one another. They all gain knowledge no normal lifeform can ever have. Transhumanism is true spirituality if you think about it. You are a machine much like you computer. What transhumanism does is push mankind beyond his/her limitation using the fusion of flesh and synthetic.

Love between transhuman and machine.

A complete whole new machine-like dna structure for both man and machine.

Children born free of sickness.

A new connection between races.

The end of racism

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

Fascinating! Not much of a gamer, but I dig the premise. I just wonder if a new racism will emerge for those who choose to incorporate any personal technology. You might dig this thread by the way.

Peace

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

Nice dream.

The problem is that the haves & have nots will go to war against each other.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Looking forward to science taking over as the key agent of change for our species. In my earlier years I always felt that man should not tamper in this area -- that it would only end bad. But now I realize that science IS nature, it is the natural result of our evolution up until this point. Truth is, we've eliminated natural selection and vanilla nature's methods of advancing us/keeping us fit/healthy. Women and children who would have died during childbirth or shortly after now live when they would not have 50-100 years ago, people who would have died from heart problems go on to reproduce, etc. We no longer have to burn calories searching for our next meals, so forth and so on. We are also going to have to come up with technical solutions to survive the toxins that our now a reality in our world thanks to rampant and essentially unregulated industry/etc. If that means Darth Vader body parts that are replaceable... fine. Hopefully we'll keep our emotional humanity along the way.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

Why are you Americans so fascinated with race?

No other countries have problems with different races but yous do?

top topics

join