It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Logic can not exist without Emotion, but Emotion can exist without Logic...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

You touched on something. You have made a statement about how is it that we can formulate a thought or an idea of action so quickly and if it is because of some form of Genetic Memory.

The Human Mind works at a certain speed which is dependent upon stimulus and incoming data from our senses. But this is only the Conscious Mind. The Subconscious Mind has the ability to perform at Time Compression Rates that far exceed our normal Mental Capacities while we are conscious.

We have two Hemispheres of our brains with the left being the Analytical and the right being the Creative side. Each one of these Hemispheres is a person unto itself. But we also have our Subconscious...which like a Computer...records everything that our senses gather and bring to our mind as a complete and perfect record of everything we experience.

The creative side tends to deal with emotion to a greater extent but without the left side to interpret the logic...we would not have a balanced way to handle emotional states which are also very Biochemical in nature. So we have three of us all wrapped in one. Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
There can be no motivation to do anything if emotions do not exist.

2nd line.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by PeaceNLove123

Yup, that was my point exactly. So many people didn't get it, I'm happy that a few people did. This is a simple understanding.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Logic can exist without emotion:

1+1=2
2+2=4
Therefore
1+1+1+1=4

All logic, no emotion.

Emotion can not exist without logic:

Someone steals your wallet, you get angry. You win a million dollars, you are happy.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeaceNLove123
There can be no motivation to do anything if emotions do not exist.

2nd line.

sure there can,,,, instincts,,,,,,, and non emotive feelings,,,,,,,

a lion will work his ass off to catch prey,,, because his stomach will drive him crazy,, eventually till death if he doesn't,,,,,,, this is kind of logic,,,, without emotion,,,,,,,,

also OP can you describe emotions a little bit,,,, what they are,,, where they come from,,, how they objectively exist....

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRGreer
Since when did computers become human?

they aren't, they are logic machines with no emotional status contrary to popular belief XD

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
Logic can exist without emotion:

1+1=2
2+2=4
Therefore
1+1+1+1=4

All logic, no emotion.

Emotion can not exist without logic:

Someone steals your wallet, you get angry. You win a million dollars, you are happy.

But something motivated you to do that? It is a feeling of interest that makes people use logic. Still an emotion.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
do you classify instinct as emotion?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxCavalera

Instinct - a natural or innate impulse, inclination, or tendency.

Yeah, I would say even that depends on emotion. If someone creeps up behind you and go "BOO!" that is the element of surprise (an emotion). If you are thirsty and you start to feel discomfort (dehydration) that is an emotion, too..

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Nope true logic can only exist without emotion.

Logic that depends in emotion is intrinsically flawed as it ceases to be logical but becomes emotional.

Talking about logic depending on emotion demonstrates that a) one does not understand what logic as is, as it proves that b) logic falters when burden with emotional constrains.

That is not to say that logic and emotion are not as important, but they are distinct and even at times contradictory.

Consider the logical preposition "The needs of the many supplant the needs of the few" this is a logical statement (I use this example as I saw an image of Spock on the thread) and it demonstrates clearly as a true logical statement, it can however be corrupted by emotional baggage, that at some level will indeed invalidate the preposition, not on a logical ground but on an emotional level...
edit on 2-7-2012 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Emotion has nothing to do with logic, in fact some emotions are illogical by default. Emotions are instinctive and hormonal driven, individualized and hard to communicate on the other hand logic is deductive and not only self validating but immutable, all variables being the same what is logic to one person shall be logic to another the only disruption to a logic realization is emotional interference or human error.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
You're all clueless except for OP.

Logic cannot even exist without imagination. imagination is the creative force. It creates logic. Logic is a small definite construct of the infinite imagination.

Logic cannot create anything! It can only analyse that which was created by the imagination. In essence it is a copycat and it's copying capabilities are highly limited such that they would never achieve ALL the possibilities of imagination. It is also incapable of creating perfection. Only imagination can do that.

The reason the OP is absolutely correct is simply because "Emotion" IS NOT a construct of either logic or creativity. it is an aspect of the spirit communicated to the body via chemical reactions which the brain can interpret.

Everything you think about and every time you say "I" and every thought you think to yourself is a product of the "EGO mind". The physical Mind. as ive said before this is ony a virtual consciousness that is created from the original (spiritual consciousness)

spirit has it's own mind/memories/consciousness. it connects to the body via the mind and commands the brain.

Those who think that the brain does these actions on its own are fools. and that is not meant as an insult. a fool is someone starved of knowledge. and that is just what the are. but there is also another reason why they are fools. it is because they believe the following

The car is driving without a driver, it starts itself and drives itself, it turns corners itself and avoids collisions itself. it doesnt need any instruction on where the occupants are going because it already knows where you want to go when u sit in the car.

If there is no driver, and bones are what keep us standing.. why is it that when we'die' in the standing position our bodies fall to the ground lifeless?

Naturally the spirit communicates with emotion, in this realm and in the others. English language is not particularly its native language. nor is spanish or any other.

The only reason a spirit requires a body is for the simple fact that not everyone can see spirits or elementals and thus if you want to interface with all those who cannot see beyond the physical realm, you must take up a physical body appearance. the other option is to use your spiritual power to forcefully open their 3rd eye to witness the amazing truth. from that point all communication is emotional empathic communication in that state.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Also

Logic is actually evil!
many have been taught that imagination/creativity is the evil one. This is a great lie and i will show you how much of a lie it is to all Logic!

A robot functions on logic. supposing a robot is created that decides solutions based on the information "Programmed" into it. Again Logic cannot 'Think'. it only processes that which it has to work with. so this robot using ONLY what it was programmed to utilize will use that to make all decisions.

now imagine that robot making decisions regarding human population on earth and earth's problems. The computer may decide that the world is overpopulated and carry out a routine action such as.. kill 6.5 billion ppl to get things running at optimum efficiency once more. It is heartless. it has no conscience. It will perform such an act without compassion. It will not try to find a way that saves the ppl yet accomplishes optimum performance as well. it will not seek new information on its own to compute other possibilities.

Imagination however holds many "Powers"
Imagination is able to imagine oneself in other person's situation. yes sure you may be saved but now you can feel the pain of the one who will not be saved. this is called empathy.. for this reason.. a human being making the decision can decide we must overrule the computer's decision as it is inhumane.

Imagination is able to take that which it has learned and learn new things from it without even consulting an educational resource. It is imagination that is able to see that 2+2=4 and break it down into many other terms without calculation. 1+1+1+1=4, or 2+3-1, 9-5 etc. obviously for imagination the possibilities of "rearranging logic" are endless. thus proving the infinite abilities of imagination.

In summary
Logic is by far the most inferior, the most primal, animalistic and obviously evil aspect. and you all enjoy supporting and propogating the focus on it so much not realizing the evil that you do. when will you realize that you couldnt learn a single thing in school without an imagination to visualize what you are being taught. it is the only true understanding towards mastery.

A logic only unit is simply a regurgitator. what ever it is told is all it can regurgitate and only when asked specifically a wuestion that lies in what it was told. asking it any other question that is not in it's programming results in "Divide by Zero". Logic System Crash.

The imagination doesnt have this problem.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
It seems the biggest obstacle here is how one defines emotion. There are several different ideas going on of what an emotion is.

e·mo·tion

noun
an affective state of consciousness in which joy, sorrow, fear, hate, or the like, is experienced, as distinguished from cognitive and volitional states of consciousness.

A lot more is being attributed to "emotion" by some then by others. Emotion, by definition is distinguished from congitive and volitional states of consciousness in which logic resides, so emotion is not necessary for logic at all according to the definition of emotion.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

I stopped reading at "you're all cluless..."
If you want to discuss or have your opinion considered, it's usually best to not start with an insult.
In this situation, your emotion and arrogance caused your logic or lack thereof to not even be considered.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
learn to deal with the truth and not live in denial.

admit that you are clueless because obviously you are. you are not sure of anything. thus you are clueless. TRUTH

Emotion is communication. Period!

But i dont expect you to understand if you dont. im not speaking from a position of conjecture but a position of knowledge. if you dont like me or my methods i could care less. reject my truth if you will.

you dont even know who i am and who is speaking to you. you have no power to discredit my words. especially since you're still trying to figure out what i already have and live every day 24/7.

i expect you will doubt my claim in disbelief. not to call u a fool for doing that but you are a fool LOL. i consider anyone who does not recognize truth when it crosses their path a fool.
edit on 2-7-2012 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
my truth is meant to be a bitter pill to swallow. one must look past the cover to see the truth in my words. if they are not hungered enough for truth to do that. then let them not discover it.

In the end..

I did my part!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

The only reason a spirit requires a body is for the simple fact that not everyone can see spirits or elementals and thus if you want to interface with all those who cannot see beyond the physical realm, you must take up a physical body appearance. the other option is to use your spiritual power to forcefully open their 3rd eye to witness the amazing truth. from that point all communication is emotional empathic communication in that state.

No sweetie, a "spirit" wouldn't require a body because it couldn't see spirits, if it's a spirit, it can see spirits just fine....

Imagination is able to take that which it has learned and learn new things from it without even consulting an educational resource. It is imagination that is able to see that 2+2=4 and break it down into many other terms without calculation. 1+1+1+1=4, or 2+3-1, 9-5 etc. obviously for imagination the possibilities of "rearranging logic" are endless. thus proving the infinite abilities of imagination.

no sweetie, that's logic, not emotion or imagination. Imagination would be thinking 2+2 =7

learn to deal with the truth and not live in denial.
admit that you are clueless because obviously you are. you are not sure of anything. thus you are clueless. TRUTH
Emotion is communication. Period!
But i dont expect you to understand if you dont. im not speaking from a position of conjecture but a position of knowledge. if you dont like me or my methods i could care less. reject my truth if you will.
you dont even know who i am and who is speaking to you. you have no power to discredit my words. especially since you're still trying to figure out what i already have and live every day 24/7.
i expect you will doubt my claim in disbelief. not to call u a fool for doing that but you are a fool LOL. i consider anyone who does not recognize truth when it crosses their path a fool.

ROFLMAO, oh sweetie, I hope you look back on this in a couple of years and realize how STUPID it is!!! LMAO

Nothing like a kid that just got exposed to philosophy for the first time to give plenty of laughs......
You have very little knowledge and are incapable of making conjecture at this point. Indeed there is a fool present, but it's within you at the moment, and there it will remain until you gain a grasp on what intelligence is and how to use it.
You have no concept of what "truth" is nor do you have even an inkling of understanding in what you're trying to promote.
Whoever it is that keeps exposing you kids to this without following up with you is doing you a great disservice. It sometimes takes years for the dumbfounded kid to overcome this obstacle when it isn't addressed appropriately. Hopefully you'll take the second part of the course in the fall to prevent the ignorance from continuing. If not, then I suppose the philosophy professor's wife who is a psychologist is ensured job security....

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
you may have missed the point where i said I was enlightened in other posts. meaning i have awakened and my spirit is no longer dependant on my body. i can say what i can say because i am acutally observing it in the first person. as i said. i live it. this is not a text book study. this is not dependant on scientific acknowledgements or findings.

what i am saying is the definitive truth of existence as within my mind. i have come to the knowledge of understanding it all.

you may continue to attempt to discredit me. but observe as a sickness will come over you this very week. you are speaking against an enlightened person. you may not believe in the conscious universe.. but it not happy about those who attack its chosen

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I remeber you now.... we had to school you in another thread too LMAO

www.abovetopsecret.com...

seriously, take the second part of the course so it doesn't screw you up for life kiddo.... you need to complete both parts or you're going to be a mess

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join