It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama vs. Romney: Who's Telling The Truth?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by CB328
Why is it that whenever someone points out what Republicans believe or do they call it biased or lies??

The assessment was accurate, and yes the Republican party is evil.

Which President signed into law something that allows for indefinite detention of American Citizens? You get two guesses, my hint is that he is not a Republican.

Who sponsored the bill and almost 100% of there party voted for it? you guess right if you said republican.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by CB328
Why is it that whenever someone points out what Republicans believe or do they call it biased or lies??

The assessment was accurate, and yes the Republican party is evil.

Which President signed into law something that allows for indefinite detention of American Citizens? You get two guesses, my hint is that he is not a Republican.

Who sponsored the bill and almost 100% of there party voted for it? you guess right if you said republican.

We are talking Presidents here. If you wish to talk about the House and Senate start a thread for that. Obama is the one who requested the indefinite detention of citizens and stuck it in a Bill he new was too important to not pass.

sponsor Senator Carl Levin (Democrat, Michigan) went to the floor and disclosed that it was the White House and insisted that there be no exception for citizens in the indefinite detention provision.

www.guardian.co.uk...
You sure you want to keep this going? Democrats are directly responsible and attached this to a peice of legislation that was too important to not pass. They then threatened to veto it to make themselves look like the good guys after it was them who put it in to begin with. Quit while you are behind.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
They're both liars.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by PatriotAct

In some ways you are right. I base Obama on his actions, not what he claims he will do in the future. Romney I use what it is likely he will do. The end result is that I would never vote for Obama, and will vote for Romney. I grew up in Liberal Mass. and do not associate myself with either party.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

The original bill stated the military could indefinitely detain Americans as prisoners of war. Obama threatened to veto based on the military being able to trump presidential authority. He signed the reworded bill into law and pledged:

“The president strongly believes that to detain American citizens in military custody infinitely without trial, would be a break with our traditions and values as a nation, and wants to make sure that any type of authorization coming from congress, complies with our Constitution, our rules of war and any applicable laws.”

With Reservations, Obama Signs Act....

I don't agree with what Obama did by signing this law, and sooner or later it will come before the supreme court, but you must remember who sponsored and voted for it.

Here is a list of congressmen that did not support ndaa
The only senators and Congress....

97% of republicans supported and voted for ndaa, around 50% of democrats did support this.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Like I said he tried to play it out to be he was against it and would veto it, how about you deal with the bill SPONSOR who is a DEMOCRAT who said it was added because OBAMA specifically wanted it. Thanks.

ETA: your source is Bias if it says 97% voted for it. I believe it was 50-50 for Democrats and like 80-20 for Republicans. However it was all political manouvering. The Democrats are directly responsible for the inclusion of indefinite detention of US citizens as ADMITTED by Democrats themselves. They then made it appear they would vote against it all the while ensuring enough of them voted yes to make sure it passed. Obama threatened to veto it and then did not.

You sir, were played, and didnt even know it. Obama directly asked for this.

sponsor Senator Carl Levin (Democrat, Michigan) went to the floor and disclosed that it was the White House and insisted that there be no exception for citizens in the indefinite detention provision.

edit on 27-6-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join