It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To admin: Ratings and title and misc. questions...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Could someone please tell me how the three rating things is calculated? It seems I need a refill, mine is soon filled up on "Awareness". I also posted a wish to change my title from Member to Gatekeeper in it's respective thread. I'm quite new to this so please forgive me if I am impatient or sound a bit stupid. Great website!
Keep up the good work guys!!!!!

I'm unable to see the images for the "beammeup" smiley, I just get the usual x icon, and some of the buttons for Yahoo!, MSN and ICQ etc. has the same problem. I've tried everything I can do from my side, like clearing the cache and history etc., but nothing seems to work! Again: This is the best discussion forum I've ever been to! Great topics and good tone. Lots of great people here who respect the different views from their "opponents"!

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Thanks for the comments and the site, and information on your troubles.

It looks like the beam-me-up smilie GIF was corrupt... I'll have to try and find the original.

Can you give me an example of a user who's MSN/Yahoo/ICQ buttons don't show? I'm seeing all the proper images in the right directories.

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 05:15 PM
link   
William said:
Can you give me an example of a user who's MSN/Yahoo/ICQ buttons don't show? I'm seeing all the proper images in the right directories.

My reply:
It seems that it's an overall problem. I've not seen the buttons anywhere, only corrupt image icons. As far as I can remember, I could see these buttons when I signed up, but within the forum, they're blank...

Thanx for the great title! Wow I feel cool now!!!
As to my question about the ratings (NWO resistance etc.) it still seems they need to be updated. They're soon filled up...

New questions/bug concerning problems with large threads:
#1 In large threads only the first four or five pages are linked at the top of the site. Is it possible to atleast include the last one, for that's where the last reply is? Ex.: the comet-thread in Sci.&Tech has about 12 pages with replies. To get to the last page with the most recent articles, I must either do three or four clicks to get there or go back to the start page and press the green arrow button or back to the topic page and click at the highest number after/below the specific subject.

#2 When I have replied to a thread with more than one page of answers, I am redirected to the first (oldest page). Is it possible to be redirected to the specific reply on the last page like when there is only one page? Ex.: Same as above.

Again. Thanx!!! Gatekeeper... Cool, dudes!!!

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 05:19 PM
link   
mikro, it seems you could correct both of those problems by changing your posts per page in your edit profile. I think its defaulted at 25, but change it to 50 or 100 and that should help I think.

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
mikro, it seems you could correct both of those problems by changing your posts per page in your edit profile. I think its defaulted at 25, but change it to 50 or 100 and that should help I think.

Thanx for the idea! But I've already thought of that. The problem is that I run an old system, first generation Powermac at 90MHz and it would leave me waiting for ages, so the best would be if these bugs were fixed, atleast for me it would. I don't have money to buy a new computer, and I kinda like my oldschool evironment eventhough it's slow, I think it's kinda cute
... Most of my apps are old too, and it gives me a kick when I'm able to make the same and even better things on my "obsolete" system than the hotshots do on their state-of-the-art giga heaven super computers
. But thanx for the input, though, I appreciate it!

Blessings,
Mikro

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikromarius
#1 In large threads only the first four or five pages are linked at the top of the site. Is it possible to atleast include the last one, for that's where the last reply is?

The right-most >> in the thread links will take you to the last page. The forum code limits the numbers of characters displayed in the event a very long thread might disrupt the layout of links.

When I have replied to a thread with more than one page of answers, I am redirected to the first (oldest page). Is it possible to be redirected to the specific reply on the last page like when there is only one page?

This is actually more difficult than it sounds. When you view a thread, the forum code has queried the database and is aware of how many pages need to be displayed. When you respond to a post, the code is writing a new record into the database, and at that point, the code is unaware of the total number of posts/pages. In order to program an auto-redirect to the final post, the code would have to do another query right after your post. Seems like too much processor churning for a minor benefit.

The images were fixed. I'm using Safari on OS X and it doesn't show broken images... so I never knew!

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 12:47 AM
link   

All quotes originally posted by William
The right-most >> in the thread links will take you to the last page. The forum code limits the numbers of characters displayed in the event a very long thread might disrupt the layout of links.

Thanx. I never even tried that one, for I thought it would just bring me one page forward.

This is actually more difficult than it sounds. When you view a thread, the forum code has queried the database and is aware of how many pages need to be displayed. When you respond to a post, the code is writing a new record into the database, and at that point, the code is unaware of the total number of posts/pages. In order to program an auto-redirect to the final post, the code would have to do another query right after your post. Seems like too much processor churning for a minor benefit.

I agree. It's not really a problem anymore since you told me about the >> thing

The images were fixed. I'm using Safari on OS X and it doesn't show broken images... so I never knew!

OK. OSX... I souuo much want to get a new computer just to run the greatest OS ever made. I get an orgasm everytime I use my brothers Titanium beauty running OSX. Lucky you!

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I was wondering as well what these ATS ratings meant. Any in formation would be apreciated

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 04:57 PM
link   
cool other mac users on here.

im using a titanium powerbook rev c. with osx and safari as my browser.

i love my mac.

new topics

top topics

join