It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Democrats Skip Convention

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Sen. Claire McCaskill, the first-term Missouri Democrat in a tough re-election battle, is the latest Democrat to decide to skip the Democratic National Convention in September, Talking Points Memo reports.

www.cbsnews.com...

Other Democrats planning on skipping the convention include:

New York Reps. Kathy Hochul and Bill Owens are skipping
Montana Democratic Sen. Jon Tester is also skipping the convention
Democratic Rep. Mark Critz of Pennsylvania

List will be continually updated as I am sure more dems will jump off the Obama train.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

The senator's campaign reportedly said McCaskill routinely skips the national convention when she's up for re-election, as she did in 2004 during her Missouri gubernatorial bid.

I find it hilarous the GOP is trying to make a big deal about 5-6 people planning on not attending the convention and trying to pretend there won't be anyone here.

Is the GOP that desperate......I believe so.

Oh...and look...from the same article.

Rep. Denny Rehberg, is skipping the Republican convention where Mitt Romney is expected to receive his party's presidential nomination.

:shk:

I guess Mitt has the same (non)problem.

Do you really think there is 100% attendence at the Conventions???
edit on 26-6-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Again, OutKast, just reporting the facts. Not making or drawing any conclusions in my thread except for what's clearly in front of you. Democrats are leaving Obama especially the far left commies.

One Democrat who said "his time would be better spent elsewhere." What do you suppose that means?

Again, why exactly do you like Obama? You never really gave us a straight answer to this question.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

No, the problem Mitt Romney has is to draw out the Conservative base since he already appeals to the Majority of the public as recent polls are showing. He is moderate that's what moderates do.

However, due to conservative hatred of Obama, it doesn't matter what Romney does or is religiously, he will draw them out because they want Obama gone based on his failing policies. Nothing could be simpler!

Romney/Rubio ticket is a win hands down!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Here ya go

U.S. Rep. Denny Rehberg (R-Mont.) will skip the Republican National Convention in August to focus on his Senate campaign against incumbent Sen. Jon Tester (D-Mont.), his campaign told the Hill on Monday. Rehberg said he hopes to brand himself as an independent Republican who puts state issues before partisanship.

Denny Rehberg Shows Independaence...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

No, the problem Mitt Romney has is to draw out the Conservative base since he already appeals to the Majority of the public as recent polls are showing. He is moderate that's what moderates do.

However, due to conservative hatred of Obama, it doesn't matter what Romney does or is religiously, he will draw them out because they want Obama gone based on his failing policies. Nothing could be simpler!

Romney/Rubio ticket is a win hands down!

Your 'analysis' is laughably absurd. You point to a few delegates, who have skipped previous conventions as some sort of sign of a mass defect from Obama, but then totally reject the same analysis when looking at the Republicans. And it's not even your analysis, it's just you repeating what the incredibly flawed article claims.

This is pseudo-analysis, because it picks a few random examples and pretends there is a pattern. When you are able to step away from the Republican talking points that delude your reality, you might find some more reasonable and fact-based examples of Dems unhappy with Obama (because it does indeed exist), but this sure as heck aint it. This is just fluff nonsense that offers nothing insightful for the educated reader. Dont waste my time.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Well, I was going to leave you out of it, considering its your thread but......

oh hell nevermind.....

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

A reminder........

this is the topic:

Not other members .........

You are responsible for your own posts.

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Haha!

On topic: A few Dems not attending means nothing. just like a few Repubs not attending their convention means nothing. I miss meetings all the time, not because I don't want to go(which I dont) but because I have other, more important things to do.

Off Topic: I can't believe I had a post removed on an obvious trolling thread.....

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

A reminder........

this is the topic:

Not other members .........

You are responsible for your own posts.

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

I don't understand. Are you telling me not to post in this section? I am hurt and offended.

Oh BTW, just saying >u

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
And first of all.
There is no need to make this information secret.
All secrecy is gone.

top topics

join