It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a shrink in the house? *DRINKING*

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I know I am an alcoholic because I use to drink all the time, in excess but, I have reduced any drinking I do... 'do', to once a month. I have been diligent to this.

Once a month I buy one fifth (Stolichnaya or Absolute Vodka) on the 25th (payday) and drink it within 72hours. It works out to 2 hefty 'bowl' drinks each night before bed. It feels good to get tipsy and I sleep like a log these nights.

I have no idea why I still drink. I no longer crave or want to drink, I just find it as an outlet or a rebellion maybe?

Is there a shrink in the house?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by InternetGremlin

I know I am an alcoholic because I use to drink all the time, in excess but, I have reduced any drinking I do... 'do', to once a month. I have been diligent to this

Sounds like you already have it under control...

You don't need a shrink...

You just need a beer...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
"It feels good to get tipsy and I sleep like a log these nights. "

probably because you find it enjoyable
its refreshing to have a change in your state of mind every once in a while it helps you think about things differently so the same old things can seem new and exciting

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
So it feels good to drink but you no longer crave or want to?

This contradiction right here is where I see your problem. I would think that you still enjoy to feeling of being tipsy and like the sleep you get when you drink but at the same time you realize you have a problem so you are doing you best to control it.

I commend your self control to decrease your consumption and I hope you can continue to do so until you are 100% happy.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Try an herbal remedy. It would be a nice change of pace for you.

Just a suggestion.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

I know I am an alcoholic because I use to drink all the time, in excess but, I have reduced any drinking I do... 'do', to once a month. I have been diligent to this

You just need a beer...

Is this where I scratch my ass, fart, burp, and belch?

"YUP ALL IS IS FINE HERE!"

My BF is awesome at doing that visual when I whine about my umm, "crutch".
He actually loves it when I get drunk each month because I get really frisky and have the lewdest naughtiest ideas. He keeps wanting me to smoke weed again to 'enhance it' but, I get fat because I eat everything in sight when stoned.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirhumperdink
"It feels good to get tipsy and I sleep like a log these nights. "

probably because you find it enjoyable
its refreshing to have a change in your state of mind every once in a while it helps you think about things differently so the same old things can seem new and exciting

I AGREE! Pour me another one.. LOL

After my fifth is gone, I do not want more and am glad it is gone. I can feel my body recovering from that abuse. The usual hangover gar BAGE`

Once a month, I do however like getting sheitfaced and having my brains boinked out. Where is the problem with that? I am an adult. I mean come on! Once a month is a sacrifice for such a pleasure...

edit on 26-6-2012 by InternetGremlin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Your Doing ok. I was drinking like crazy for about 4 years... I had to put my mom in a nurseling home and put on state aid , but not being a minority or eleagle alien it was like pulling teeth. plus being a single parent my ex apiece of crap. I had to bury to of my uncles ..one that was like the father I never had . Than last month my mom died ...That was it ...other than my child there was no on left. I got into AA it really helped.
No a few Months later I enjoy a few beers..a few drinks...sometimes get a slight buzz...but I no longer drink alot.
Take your time try and talk to people...best of luck!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by InternetGremlin
I know I am an alcoholic because I use to drink all the time, in excess but, I have reduced any drinking I do... 'do', to once a month. I have been diligent to this.

Once a month I buy one fifth (Stolichnaya or Absolute Vodka) on the 25th (payday) and drink it within 72hours. It works out to 2 hefty 'bowl' drinks each night before bed. It feels good to get tipsy and I sleep like a log these nights.

I have no idea why I still drink. I no longer crave or want to drink, I just find it as an outlet or a rebellion maybe?

Is there a shrink in the house?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnaChispa
Try an herbal remedy. It would be a nice change of pace for you.

Just a suggestion.

What 'root' do you want me to swallow?
LOLOLOLOL

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I don't care how liberated this world becomes, a man will always be judged by the amount of alcohol he can consume, and a woman will be impressed, whether she likes it or not

3.bp.blogspot.com...

edit on 26-6-2012 by yeahisaidit because: face

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

It's the reason why booze is so popular man. Ha ha.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by InternetGremlin

Originally posted by Akragon

You just need a beer...

Is this where I scratch my ass, fart, burp, and belch?

"YUP ALL IS IS FINE HERE!"

My BF is awesome at doing that visual when I whine about my umm, "crutch".
He actually loves it when I get drunk each month because I get really frisky and have the lewdest naughtiest ideas. He keeps wanting me to smoke weed again to 'enhance it' but, I get fat because I eat everything in sight when stoned.

Uhm... i suppose?

IF you feel the need to do so... let er rip!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I think I know why you drink, maybe the same reason I do. It's because this world sucks and sometimes you need a little inspiration to forget about that for a while.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahisaidit
I don't care how liberated this world becomes, a man will always be judged by the amount of alcohol he can consume, and a woman will be impressed, whether she likes it or not

3.bp.blogspot.com...

::BLECH::
A drunken man disgust me.. What are you taking about?
There is a difference between a man that has decorum when drunk than one 'genetically(?)' belligerent.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Deep inside you know you have a problem that will one day become cronic. You are here looking for validation and acceptance because you know that, eventually, your once a month mini-bender will go a little longer. Your 5th will become 100 proof instead of 80 then you'll need a pint to finish it off and so on.
No I will not give you acceptance or validation.
I am a alcoholc. sober for 3 1/2 years and know the truth about you and myself.
Stop altogether or face readdiction.

Good luck with your choice. I hope you find peace and become sober. It's a great life!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

Actually he/she knows they have a problem. The fact it's turned down to once a month is commendable.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Well it is the 26th. I guess that explains the initial post and photo. Along with the sexual innuendo.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack
Well it is the 26th. I guess that explains the initial post and photo. Along with the sexual innuendo.
Do you think she has posted her OP text and photo while drinking?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

Yes. She stated that on the 25th she gets paid and then drinks for the next three days.
edit on 26-6-2012 by Covertblack because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join