It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Day You Observe Sabbath DOES NOT MATTER! - It's The Observation Itself that Matters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I've seen a ridiculous number of people posting lately about how the Mark of the Beast is supposedly a mark that applies to those who don't observe Sabbath on the first day of the week, the 7th day of the week, or whatever else.

This is completely incorrect. I feel that the real conspiracy is the idea that such a thing is true - the root truth is that Satan is attempting to change people's views on ATS, as he knows many of us are open to interesting and thought provoking conspiracies and the ideas associated with them.

These people are acting as false prophets to distort and mislead people who are either weak in their faith or unsaved. I feel these people have also been mislead, and this thread is my attempt at helping everyone find the real truth.

I can't force what you believe and it's true you must come to your own conclusions, but the Bible is the final word until Jesus returns.

If you think that the Mark of the Beast is a Sunday or whatever other day Sabbath, you can't claim to be a Christian, as doing so contradicts the New Testament. If you contradict the New Testament, you invalidate your own faith in Jesus and everything else within the New Testament, as it introduces us to all we know about the Lord, and it also contains the following passages.

Colossians 2:13-17::

When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, HAVING CANCELED THE WRITTEN CODE, WITH ITS REGULATIONS, THAT WAS AGAINST US AND THAT STOOD OPPOSED TO US; HE TOOK IT AWAY, NAILING IT TO THE CROSS. And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.THEREFORE DO NOT LET ANYONE JUDGE YOU BY what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or A SABBATH DAY. THESE ARE A SHADOW OF THE THINGS THAT WERE TO COME; THE REALITY, HOWEVER, IS FOUND IN CHRIST.

Romans 14:1-8:

ACCEPT HIM WHOSE FAITH IS WEAK, WITHOUT PASSING JUDGMENT ON DISPUTABLE MATTERS. One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, WHOSE FAITH IS WEAK, EATS ONLY VEGETABLES. The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him. 4Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.
One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. HE WHO REGARDS ONE DAY AS SPECIAL, DOES SO TO THE LORD. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone. If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.

If you claim to be a Christian and really think the Mark of the Beast is a Sabbath on the "wrong" day, you should read your bible and find that the day on which you actually observe the Sabbath, and the frequency at which you do so, DOES NOT MATTER so long as your faith in the Lord exists, and you acknowledge the new covenant and law under Jesus and His sacrifice. If not, you're nothing but a Pharisee and tool of Satan, attempting to pervert the view of the faith to those who are weak or devoid of it. HE BECAME THE LAW.
edit on 26-6-2012 by joesomebody because: reword to clarify

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The Sabbath is not a day at all anymore. Not on this side of the cross.

Saturday, is not the real sabbath. It never was, and it is not now. It is a picture or a reminder of the real sabbath. The true sabbath is a rest; the Jewish sabbath is a shadow, a picture of that rest. All the Old Testament shadows pointed to Christ. They were predictions, foreviews, of the coming of the One who would fulfill all these remarkable things. Every lamb that was brought as an offering was a shadow of the work of Christ. Every burnt offering, every bit of incense that was offered, was a picture of the fragrance of Jesus Christ. The tabernacle was a shadow of him. The high priest, in his garments and his office, was a shadow of Christ as our High Priest. Read the book of Hebrews and you will see how beautifully all this is brought out. These Old Testament shadows were looking forward to the coming of the One who would fulfill these and thus end them. When the work of Jesus Christ was finished the shadows were no longer needed.

The shadow-sabbath ended at the cross, as Paul has made clear. The next day was the day of resurrection, the day when the Lord Jesus came from the tomb. On that day a new day began -- the Lord's day. Christians immediately began to observe the Lord's day on the first day of the week. They ceased observing the Sabbath because it was ended by the fulfillment of its reality in the cross, and they began to observe the first day of the week. This is what you find reflected in the book of Acts. Justin Martyr, who writes from the 2nd century, says,

But Sunday is the day on which we all hold our common assembly, because it is the first day on which God, when he changed the darkness and matter, made the world; and Jesus Christ, our Savior, on the same day, rose from the dead.

Jesus is our Sabbath Rest

I highly recommend following the link above and reading the article it leads to. It is very informative.
edit on 26-6-2012 by Icarus Rising because: additional text

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
as I understand it, Saturday is the day of Satan and anything against Sabbath (tech, lighting a fire, peeling an egg, etc.) serve to benefit this evil deity. Or....it is the day of Saturn (which it is) and somehow this planet needs a day off from human activity to maintain peaceful balance in the universe.

In truth it is HOW one practices the Sabbath that mattes. to me it is day off from humanity for nature. can't chop down plants, dig in the earth, use a hammer, or- at its most basic level- do anything to offend or upset any animal, plant, or mineral. easy enough, eh? i used to think it was a religious event but now i see it as personal, a good day to go hiking or to fast or to really APPRECIATE life and nature without the need to own or control it.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by IandEye
as I understand it, Saturday is the day of Satan and anything against Sabbath (tech, lighting a fire, peeling an egg, etc.) serve to benefit this evil deity. Or....it is the day of Saturn (which it is) and somehow this planet needs a day off from human activity to maintain peaceful balance in the universe.

Paganism is weird, and I think that's just what Pharisees went by - but they were wrong.

I do agree with the second poster, as well as your statement about how it's practiced being what matters, but the rest of it is even more Pharisee talk - it's just to keep you from doing for-profit work so you aren't focused on the fleshly need for money and resources. That said, you're also correct about it being for us - it's to replenish and refresh us mentally, physically, and spiritually. The worship is supposed to happen daily anyway.

Second poster: terminology and semantics aside, I'm sick of these people distorting the Word.
edit on 26-6-2012 by joesomebody because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I can understand your feelings. My advice is to let it pass, and not to let it steal your peace. Don't get caught up in being offended. Stay true to the Word. If others are in error, it isn't between you and them. It is between them and Christ.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
I can understand your feelings. My advice is to let it pass, and not to let it steal your peace. Don't get caught up in being offended. Stay true to the Word. If others are in error, it isn't between you and them. It is between them and Christ.

It's not offense, it's just a desire to bring truth to those who don't have it. There is actually a verse out there that details how believers are to correct one another...not to mention the one about us actually being our brothers' keepers.
edit on 27-6-2012 by joesomebody because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Yes. Psalm 1, Matthew 18, to name a couple. I get the impression you are offended, but that is just my opinion. When it comes down to disagreements over doctrine, we must be careful not to let matters of preference divide us. The core belief is what is essential: that Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose again to eternal life.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
If sunday sabbath is not the mark of the beast...then what is it then?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Prepare for the deluge of false doctrine and 7th day adventists. Thanks for posting this thread. I've noticed a LOT of 7th day stuff being posted lately. I'm sure they are convinced they are simply trying to save our souls, however I contend one greater than them has already done that.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
Yes. Psalm 1, Matthew 18, to name a couple. I get the impression you are offended, but that is just my opinion. When it comes down to disagreements over doctrine, we must be careful not to let matters of preference divide us. The core belief is what is essential: that Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose again to eternal life.

The core belief turns into false doctrine when claims of Jesus being the Arch Angel Michael are made.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

That is false doctrine. There is a big difference between matters of preference and false doctrine. I believe it is fruitless to take offense and argue with such claims. It only brings more attention to them. State the simple Truth and leave it at that.

Philippians 1

15 Some indeed preach Christ even from envy and strife, and some also from goodwill: 16 The former preach Christ from selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my chains; 17 but the latter out of love, knowing that I am appointed for the defense of the gospel. 18 What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is preached; and in this I rejoice, yes, and will rejoice.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I agree.

This whole argument about a speciffic day doesn't make sense to me.It's like trying to figure out the material that the cross was made of.Even if you find it out it's completely useless and it only keeps your attention away from what really matters. (offcourse when i say "you" i don't mean you personally)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Thanks for this thread. Something to add that helped me understand more about the law is when someone had shared with me, "The law was for the benefit of people, not the benefit of God". Thinking about this for a moment, one could derive the following questions: Who needs rest, people or God? Who benefits most from the worship of God, people or God? Does God need people, or do people need God?
edit on 6-7-2012 by saint4God because: Grammar

new topics

top topics

join