It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confrontation With TSA Agent Leaves Grandpa's Ashes On Floor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Another TSA blunder gone wrong......

INDIANAPOLIS -- A man's attempt to bring the ashes of his grandfather home to Indianapolis ended with an angry scene in a Florida airport, with the ashes spilled on the terminal floor.

John Gross, a resident of Indianapolis' south side, was leaving Florida with the remains of his grandfather -- Mario Mark Marcaletti, a Sicilian immigrant who worked for the Penn Central Railroad in central Indiana -- in a tightly sealed jar marked "Human Remains".

Evidently he didn't think he would have a problem until he ran into a TSA at the Orlando Airport....

They opened up my bag, and I told them, 'Please, be careful. These are my grandpa's ashes,'" Gross told RTV6's Norman Cox. "She picked up the jar. She opened it up.

"I was told later on that she had no right to even open it, that they could have used other devices, like an X-ray machine. So she opened it up. She used her finger and was sifting through it. And then she accidentally spilled it."

Not all spilled out but a good bit did. And then the TSA agent did the unthinkable...she laughed about it.

"She didn't apologize. She started laughing. I was on my hands and knees picking up bone fragments. I couldn't pick up all, everything that was lost. I mean, there was a long line behind me."

www.theindychannel.com...

Man, where do they get these people. Don't they teach them any thing about how to deal with delicate situations such as this? And where does she get off laughing at this guy? Unbelievable....

I hope they fire her or at least give her some courses in Mannerism 101 .

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Who would even want to touch the cremains ! For the record the container my mothers ashes were put into didnt open all that easily. You kind of have to pry the container open because most people wont open the container once the remains have been put inside.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

I can't understand what was so damn funny about that.....

If that was me, I'd feel like a heel and be so embarrassed, my azz would be on the floor next to him, helping him get what he could, giving him my apologies.

That's just so cold and unhuman.......

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Absolutely disgusting behaviour, displaying a complete lack of empathy.

Sorry the one liner but that just somes it up for me.
edit on 26-6-2012 by The 5th because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
terrorist state agents dont even respect the living ... no surprise they dont respect the dead either...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

What do you need to be a TSA agent? A G.E.D

That guy should sue the pants off the TSA.. I really hope he does. She had no right, and the complete lack of remorse is disgusting.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I can understand them wanting to check, but there must be some sort of protocol that exists for doing so, like you stated .

The fact that she would just open it up, stick her finger in it,and laugh about it after she spilled some, seems grounds for a dismissal, or at least a very serious warning, along with a long letter of apology to the grandson, with compensation of some sort.

TSA needs to be accountable for what their employees do, when they are not following the rules of how things should be done.

Would love to see how this ends,and hopefully there is an update on the story.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
That's not funny at all.
Hopefully it will function as a curse to TSA, it really has about all the elements of it.
Grandpa, you out there? Hopefully you were a patriot.

I don't see why more people refuse to fly.
I guess most people were ok with it. I don't want to go through TSA...unless maybe I go like grandpa did.
Scatter me on the floor if you will.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Posted earlier here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

join