It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the time comes, and I am called to go I will not fight.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I'll fight them if "They" make it over here. But if the war is over "There", then over there better handle it themselves.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I don't always agree with what the government does but I do believe in the foundation upon which our country was built. If I am called in a draft, I will fight for my country and my family. If the fight is wrong, then I'll figure out what to do when that time comes but I will stand for what I feel is right.
I wouldn't abandon my country, but I would try to change how they address something if we are wrong in what we are doing, but this is my home, where my family is, and I will defend it with everything inside of me.
We're not perfect, but we are much better then some of the alternatives.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartbreakerb
I don't always agree with what the government does but I do believe in the foundation upon which our country was built. If I am called in a draft, I will fight for my country and my family. If the fight is wrong, then I'll figure out what to do when that time comes but I will stand for what I feel is right.
I wouldn't abandon my country, but I would try to change how they address something if we are wrong in what we are doing, but this is my home, where my family is, and I will defend it with everything inside of me.
We're not perfect, but we are much better then some of the alternatives.
that's a fair enough statement except for the statement "We're not perfect, but we are much better than some of the alternatives."

That's not good enough for me and it shouldn't be good enough for anyone else either. The foundation upon which our country was built was based on freedom, and that is being taken away more and more all the time. Endless wars are started and freedom is taken. I don't want to be a part of it.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
it does make sense. nuclear war makes world war impossible without destroying human civilization.

the people that manipulate the world, manipulate it with money and arms.

they are not about to destroy the whole system.

what good is money if it's worthless.

what good is a trillion dollars and a chateau in france if you're climbing thru rubble looking for roaches to eat.

it would literally take a hitler to rise in power either in the u.s., china or russia to destroy the world like many believe world war 3 would be like.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
reply to post by cavtrooper7

hostile aliens are about the only thing that could necessitate a world war at this point.

anything less than that or people with a time machine; world war is impossible.

Don't be fooled by the last 60 years of relative peace. We were just as likely to fight Russia as we were Japan or Germany before the last world war. Japan attacked our biggest base and destroyed half our fleet in one morning and that was one incident one day that started world war II.

Right now Russia is trying to make a little money off the conflict just like we are, but if we attack the wrong nation we will have to expect retaliation from Russia. This time our mainland is not safe from enemy forces and we will be fighting for our lives here instead of watching propaganda films from the MSM.

The writing is on the wall. The globalists have their pawns in place and the world has already begun the baby steps toward ww3. The normal players are spouting off threats daily, but worse than that, the bigger governments of Russia and China are allying. We are actively flexing our muscle in front of North Korea to instigate that fight and actively instigating the Syria and Iranian fights. Russia says any US involvement in Iran will cause a subsequent Russian involvement. That means war!

Russians are some tough bastards and they don't F around. They have some pretty advanced stuff and China is in their back pocket. With their military leading Chinese grunts on the mainland and Russian ships and aircraft pounding the coastline we have major problems. If they resort to nukes game over.

All the information I needed was the picture of Obama sitting next to Putin while Putin gave him the cold shoulder in obvious defiance and superiority. Putin is confident in his stance and knows he has all the support around the world he needs to break us. We have pissed off the entire planet with our careless actions worldwide. We are no longer a quiet nation who will do what it takes to defend herself if provoked. We are now a country hell bent on war.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
it does make sense. nuclear war makes world war impossible without destroying human civilization.

the people that manipulate the world, manipulate it with money and arms.

they are not about to destroy the whole system.

what good is money if it's worthless.

what good is a trillion dollars and a chateau in france if you're climbing thru rubble looking for roaches to eat.

it would literally take a hitler to rise in power either in the u.s., china or russia to destroy the world like many believe world war 3 would be like.

How about a Romney in America and a Putin in Russia? Throw in half a billion pissed off Korean ground troops filled with hatred for "Round Eyed Devils" and maybe another half a billion Chinese ground troops all equipped and fed. Serve that up with a helping of propaganda and you got yourself a war.

Nobody said they would resort to nukes, but it is always a last resort.
edit on 27-6-2012 by onecraftydude because: none

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by onecraftydude

I believe you’ve gone a little off topic here but I’m polite I’ll answer your questions as best as I can and IMO.

Now if one of those countries insults your fine Queen would that make it different?
If they insulted the queen, No that wouldn't make a difference. If we were minding our own business (for once) and another country started attacking us for no reason the yes I would defend my country.

Why in the world do you people have a queen?
She was already there before I was born, I had no say in a queen or no queen, and however she has helped the economy slightly with the wedding, jubilee and all the crazy Japanese and American tourists that come to see her for some strange reason

WTF do you want a royal family for?
I personally never want nor not want I royal family. If you mean why do's the UK want to keep I believe it is to do with heritage and history as Great Britain has always had royal family.

Did you not get the memo on how that ends from countless history lessons?
Power corrupts, this is what history shows me, whether it’s a king/queen, president, tribe leader or Prime Minister Things tend to go wrong at some point. Our government makes the decisions and their doing a wonderful job...NOT, just like most of the other country’s (which don’t have a royal family)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by onecraftydude

reply to post by cavtrooper7

hostile aliens are about the only thing that could necessitate a world war at this point.

anything less than that or people with a time machine; world war is impossible.

Don't be fooled by the last 60 years of relative peace. We were just as likely to fight Russia as we were Japan or Germany before the last world war. Japan attacked our biggest base and destroyed half our fleet in one morning and that was one incident one day that started world war II.

Right now Russia is trying to make a little money off the conflict just like we are, but if we attack the wrong nation we will have to expect retaliation from Russia. This time our mainland is not safe from enemy forces and we will be fighting for our lives here instead of watching propaganda films from the MSM.

The writing is on the wall. The globalists have their pawns in place and the world has already begun the baby steps toward ww3. The normal players are spouting off threats daily, but worse than that, the bigger governments of Russia and China are allying. We are actively flexing our muscle in front of North Korea to instigate that fight and actively instigating the Syria and Iranian fights. Russia says any US involvement in Iran will cause a subsequent Russian involvement. That means war!

Russians are some tough bastards and they don't F around. They have some pretty advanced stuff and China is in their back pocket. With their military leading Chinese grunts on the mainland and Russian ships and aircraft pounding the coastline we have major problems. If they resort to nukes game over.

All the information I needed was the picture of Obama sitting next to Putin while Putin gave him the cold shoulder in obvious defiance and superiority. Putin is confident in his stance and knows he has all the support around the world he needs to break us. We have pissed off the entire planet with our careless actions worldwide. We are no longer a quiet nation who will do what it takes to defend herself if provoked. We are now a country hell bent on war.

I don't know anything of 1 day of peace let alone 60 years.

Russia is not America's enemy, but a Russian politician MUST give the cold shoulder to his American counterpart as a matter of policy I believe.

America isn't about to step into any place unlawfully...that's MSM propaganda.

No war is possible and everyone knows it.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by michaelbrux

I see what you're saying now.

My bad.

It was an issue of semantics.

Still, there are holes in your argument. Even if WW3 wasn't called as such until after it was over (this may or may not be true), doesn't mean it couldn't be happening right now non-physically, and someone just happens to see this more clearly and call it out.

The fact that the majority would be in denial, or unable to see it, wouldn't make the individual who does and calls it as such a liar.

I thought you meant something else, though. I thought you meant that the possibility of a WW3 in the future only existed in the minds of liars right now. That part would make no sense.

my only real argument is that the people that everyday speak of such a thing as WWIII are most likely part of the groups that would like to start such a conflict. while the world fights, they will hide and use the opportunity to enrich themselves. in the chaos, they will become your new overlords. its the way they do their thing.

noone else even knows what they are talking about.

they are the rumor and fear mongers who's task it is to create awareness of such an event while the people they condemn are the ones trying to prevent any such thing.

if such a conflict were possible, it would have already begun. WWIII is impossible.

DUDE, GIVE IT A REST.

you don't know the future. you don't know if WWIII is going to occur.

I once heard a saying that went like this, "Ignorance begets more confidence than knowledge" and we can sure see what is begotten here.

Seriously, just stop already, what do you have, a time machine?

as for ww3, OP, I sure wont be fighting either LOL i'll be heading for the hills

edit on 27-6-2012 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo

Originally posted by unityemissions

I see what you're saying now.

My bad.

It was an issue of semantics.

Still, there are holes in your argument. Even if WW3 wasn't called as such until after it was over (this may or may not be true), doesn't mean it couldn't be happening right now non-physically, and someone just happens to see this more clearly and call it out.

The fact that the majority would be in denial, or unable to see it, wouldn't make the individual who does and calls it as such a liar.

I thought you meant something else, though. I thought you meant that the possibility of a WW3 in the future only existed in the minds of liars right now. That part would make no sense.

my only real argument is that the people that everyday speak of such a thing as WWIII are most likely part of the groups that would like to start such a conflict. while the world fights, they will hide and use the opportunity to enrich themselves. in the chaos, they will become your new overlords. its the way they do their thing.

noone else even knows what they are talking about.

they are the rumor and fear mongers who's task it is to create awareness of such an event while the people they condemn are the ones trying to prevent any such thing.

if such a conflict were possible, it would have already begun. WWIII is impossible.

DUDE, GIVE IT A REST.

you don't know the future. you don't know if WWIII is going to occur.

I once heard a saying that went like this, "Ignorance begets more confidence than knowledge" and we can sure see what is begotten here.

Seriously, just stop already, what do you have, a time machine?
edit on 27-6-2012 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

yes...i do know the future, especially with regards to this topic.

WWIII is not possible and no one you know, read a book about or saw on television will ever start it; not in your lifetime.

and from where I'm standing, I don't need a time machine.

but you are free to PROVE me wrong by starting WWIII.

good luck...but you'll need a lot more than luck to accomplish WWIII.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I will not fight for this kosher establishment. However, I will fight to the death against it.

I talked my nephew out of going into the military by educating him on what's really going on and who is in control. I also had the chance to speak with two of his friends, whom are thinking of joining, and explained how israel and their agents have infiltrated the U.S. government and use America & it's people as a weapon against muslims or anybody else who exposes or opposes them. I just hope that their brains work too.

With that being said, I will fight if the U.S. is invaded---*DEPENDING on who it is and who/what they are after. Say for example, if they are coming for Sen. Joe Leiberman and other dual traitors, Wall street exec's, banksters, etc., etc., then I will sit back and let them do their thing under close observation

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Santayana is known for the sayings, "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"

Knowing the future is as simple as looking into the Past:

en.wikipedia.org...

WWIII has already been fought and won...

Read about it if you like.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by onecraftydude

North Korea is a war zone where we are still standing by.No armistice was signed.
We still are the owners of any conventional conflict by doctrine and equipment.Once directed energy weapons come into play it would change everything.We have that under control too.It's the largest reason for an black budget that is such a huge part of the GNP.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcarpenter

Originally posted by jiggerj
If you're talking about the Middle East, no matter what reason we use, NOTHING will change over there. Our soldiers will be dying over there for nothing! Peace in the Middle East is impossible. 5,000 years of bloodshed has proven this.

The US has been pillaging Central America, South America and the Middle East for a very long time. The American machine was built for war and pillaging and that's all it can do. Sometimes this pillaging takes place on the battlefield, sometimes it takes place at the IMF and World Bank but make no mistake, it's all the same game. No troops since WW2 have fought for our freedom. We can't stop this perpetual war machine until our troops wake up and refuse to feed the corruption.

If you want to stop the bloodbath in the Middle East, you have to stop Israeli theft of Palestinian land and the return of land and property already stolen.

This probably won't be a popular thought, but I don't want to stop Israel from doing anything. I just don't want to support them! If a nation can't stand on its own, then it doesn't deserve to stand.

Afghanistan gets into trouble, so let's just send our American kids over there to die for them.
Iraq might have WMD, so let's just send our American kids over there to die so we can find out.
Iran wants nuclear capabilities, so lets send our American kids over there to die to stop them.
Israel is putting itself into a nasty situation, but don't worry, we'll send our American kids over there to die for them.

Pakistan is playing a two-faced game with us and terrorists. Sooner or later we'll send our American kids over there to die.

Egypt might go after Israel, so we'll be sending our American kids over there to die.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

All we need to do is get the hell out of that region and let them kill each other off.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

Here is a scenario i presented to a friend one day.
If a foreign country launched a single nuclear missile at a major United States city and destroyed the city.
Would you
a. launch a nuclear missile back at them and possibly cause all out nuclear war?
b. surrender, ending the madness, and hope no more nuclear missiles are launched thus saving what's left of mankind?

I'd like to think I'd choose option b.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

No war is possible and everyone knows it.

Then what are all those conflicts all over the world if not wars? Now admittedly they aren't global, though it seems to me it's a global epidemic, of sorts...

I don't think there will be a global nuclear exchange, either. As dumb, and pathological as mankind can be in a group...we've managed to avoid stepping into the abyss so far.

But to say, or imply, that it's impossible? That's denying man's incredible capacity for self destruction. Anything is possible.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I regret to inform you that your worries have already been confirmed:
times247.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

Unless there is a military presence within our borders threatening to kill us, I'm not picking up so much as a slingshot to hurt somebody with.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
this is the dumbest thread ever... U might aswell have asked "if u were asked to hurt people, would u do it"... i predict a waterslide win on "No i wont"

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartbreakerb

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join