It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama leaves Hub on hook for fundraising stop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
So,,, I have a question for the tax payers in the city of Boston.
Are you angry that your tax dollars are going to pay for Obamas security?
I understand it was an election stop on your city, now your Mayor has the taxpayers footing
part of the bill.

This is what your taxpayer advocates had to say.

Outraged taxpayer advocates slammed President Obama for lavishly politicking on the taxpayers’ dime last night, as Boston ran up a hefty tab providing security so the Democratic incumbent could breeze in and out of town for a series of re-election events.

So, is the average city of Boston taxpayer upset or are you willing to pay this bill in-order to reelect Obama?
Your Mayor seems to be all for this and is very happy Obama Smiled upon his city and Graced the Sheeples with his Presents,,,, You feel up-lifted and Saved?

Mayor Thomas M. Menino rebuffed questions about security costs.

“(It’s) the president of the United States, and I respect the office he holds,” Menino told WBZ-radio. “I’m not gonna let petty politics play any part of what the presidential visit (means) to the city of Boston.”

Hmmmmm Petty Politics and the Bill Could Be As Much As,

City Hall refused to provide a cost estimate, but one city official predicted it could run between $150,000 to $200,000 to provide security for Obama, in town on a $3.1 million fundraising tear.

www.bostonherald.com...=home&position=0

Sorry, but I'd Be Up-Set and Demanding The Recall of a Mayor!
edit on 26-6-2012 by guohua because: spelling

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Sorry people of Boston but I have another question.
The Obamas visit,,, did What Exactly for the city of Boston?
Did the Sun come up Brighter today? More Birds Singing today?
What was it that makes this bill so important for you to pay?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
he's going there to get himself elected, not on official presidential business.

he should be using some of the $1 billion he is projected to raise to pay for security cost.

it would be tantamount to someone using the corporate credit card to purchase a hawaiian vacation.

unacceptable.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I suppose an argument can be made that he should pay for it since he's not there on official presidential business, but is campaigning.

My question, though, is why the boston globe hasnt run a similar article in the past when Mitt has campaigned there. Does Romney's presence int he city not require police presence as well?

Worth keeping in mind the boston globe is a very pro-GOP paper.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Looks like the Obama Campaign is a deadbeat deal.

More self inflicted damage by Obama

I think he wants out of Washington.

I think a few more "problems" will make Obama think twice about even running.
(for President that is ..... he can run Away anytime !)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Unless there's been a big change in editorial slant since I last read the rag, the Globe isn't GOP friendly at all. You are probably thinking of the Herald ?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

A fine thread. Menino gets stiffed like a waiter waiting for a tip while the patrons slip out the back door. This could be just the sort of thing the people in this state (and Boston in particular) will remember come election day. Maybe the mood will last long enough for us to eventually get rid of Deval Patrick too (known Obama buddy that he is). One can only hope.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by seaside sky
reply to post by guohua

A fine thread. Menino gets stiffed like a waiter waiting for a tip while the patrons slip out the back door. This could be just the sort of thing the people in this state (and Boston in particular) will remember come election day. Maybe the mood will last long enough for us to eventually get rid of Deval Patrick too (known Obama buddy that he is). One can only hope.

Thank You.

Menino gets stiffed like a waiter waiting for a tip while the patrons slip out the back door.

You're right and he likes the idea, he even seems to cherish the thought of paying for Obama little one night'er.
Did the people of Boston Enjoy That One Night'er? Was it Good For Them Too? Or do they Feel Used?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Well I think Menino is used to being treated like a chump by now, as it's been sort of a theme in his career. As for the rest of the citizens-- I think we might find out come November. Obama may have lost some friends with that stunt. The city and the state as a whole is broke and they're running out of people to loot, but very importantly- it was bad political manners. That matters. Of course, Romney's not real popular either, It'll be interesting.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Well I think Menino is used to being treated like a chump by now, as it's been sort of a theme in his career. As for the rest of the citizens-- I think we might find out come November. Obama may have lost some friends with that stunt. The city and the state as a whole is broke and they're running out of people to loot, but very importantly- it was bad political manners. That matters. Of course, Romney's not real popular either, It'll be interesting.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by seaside sky
reply to post by stanguilles7

Unless there's been a big change in editorial slant since I last read the rag, the Globe isn't GOP friendly at all. You are probably thinking of the Herald ?

Well, they endorsed A Republican Presidential candidate this year. Even if it was Huntsman, that's pretty GOP friendly.

new topics

top topics

join