It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Must Be On This Planet For Purpose

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
1) Almost died as an infant from uremic poisoning. Was, also, premature by 6weeks. weighed 3lbs 8 oz.
2) Sexually abused as a 12 year old and managed to not commit suicide many times.
3) Had a board with a nail slammed into my head by a kid during what was supposed to be a mud fight.
4) Fell off a 3 story building and landed on a board with a nail straight into my heel, right in front of a pile of trash from construction ( glass, metal bars, etc.). Landing on the board likely saved my life.
5) Had a repressed memory activated by my cat MJ jumping on my chest when i was trying to figure out a way to kill myself. She saved my life by showing me the abuse. Was very intense. I will expand on this another time.
6) Avoided a piece of furniture that flew out of a vehicle in front of me landing where my car would've been had my left hand not guided me 3 lanes to the left at the exact moment, was supposed to be getting off at the next exit by the way.
7) A similar thing occurred a year later while i was driving, different city, i was driving over a bridge 55 miles an hour when i had the need to slow down to 30 as i got to the top of the hill i decided i had to stop for some strange reason, as I did this the cars in front of me continued, the cars behind me got pissed, but a sign flew off the back of a truck and caused a 5 car crash right at the bottom of the hill, i would've been right in it. the people that were pissed thanked me.
8) Almost died from diabetic shock. Did not know i was diabetic at he time, if i had not gone to the hospital a the moment I did, I would not have survived that day. Blood sugar was over 1000 and organs were shutting down. That night I saw the nurses in the doorway watching me, the next day I asked them why and they were shocked, my eyes were never open and they were waiting to see if i needed to be shocked back to life. My heart kept stopping and starting back up every 55 seconds for an hour, kept setting off the alarms at the nurses station. They were amazed that I saw them standing in the doorway.
9) Occurred several years before this incident and the cat incident, I was electrocuted when a light switch that was hanging from an elevator snagged my shirt, I tried to push it back in the socket and conducted electricity for 7 seconds before I was pulled off, by invisible hands, stumbled down a hallway and crumbled to the floor. Woke up in the hospital. 5 herniated discs, torn cartilage in knee, severely sprained ankle, an irregular heart beat.

I must be a cat with 9 lives.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sp1r1tu4l33

Sorry to hear about all that....... glad your still with us!

have you been given a purpose or made a purpose for yourself?

or you are unsure what your purpose may be but you feel you have one?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

You do have two concrete purposes in life. Survival, and if you haven't already (and are lucky), reproduction.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
It's intrinsically human to believe that there's a purpose to life. Personally, I'm not certain there is or that it even matters. An alternative possibility, which is often discounted entirely, is that life is just one big cosmic joke. In any event, the one word that sums up what our lives should be is....Kindness. It really is that simple.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BULLPINIt's intrinsically human to believe that there's a purpose to life.

Other creatures seek for survival also.

An alternative possibility, which is often discounted entirely, is that life is just one big cosmic joke.

Or a horrifyingly, brutal reality.

In any event, the one word that sums up what our lives should be is....Kindness. It really is that simple.

Wouldn't it be great? We can dream, can't we?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

Im not even sure reproduction is a purpose, more a means to an end. One can live a wonderful life without ever reproducing, I think. Semantics though..

I feel the purpose of life is to live. Doesnt seem like too satisfying of an answer for most, but it is rather profound in its deeper implications to me.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

The purpose you are here is to experience life to every extent that you have agreed to do be for you came here.

Don't ask why this is all happening but instead ask what you have learned from all of this.

Remember you agreed to do it all and more be for you leave, ask the hand, he is with you every second of the day.

One more thing it's not your time yet you have a major thing to do still by the end of the year you will know with out a doubt what it is for you to do and it will be out of this world. Don't ask me what it is, for the hand knows !

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sinohptik

im sorry and you know im your buddy,,,, but i would have to agree that reproduction is a purpose,,,,,, there would be no life without it,,,, from the smallest celled organisms,,,, to pond life,, to trees,,, to dogs,,,, to humans,,,,,,

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Agreed that there would be no life without it!

My thinking was to whittle down "purpose" to a simple form that applies to all life. Only some need to reproduce to continue life, it doesnt apply to all living things.
In that way, it is seen as a means to an end, rather than something that every single living thing is required to do to have purpose.

Hope that explains it a bit better.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sinohptik
reply to post by Balkan

Im not even sure reproduction is a purpose

Is there a disease that suppresses sexual hormones? There may be. I've never heard of it. The rest of us all have the urge for a reason. It's to reproduce more human beings.
edit on 26-6-2012 by Balkan because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2012 by Balkan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

9 lives.

9 items on your list.

You posted at 3:51. 3+5+1 = 9.

You probably have 9 purposes.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

There is, actually!

Some links have been suggested to the same neurological pathways as hetero/homosexuality, though it is inconclusive at best. Not sure what its like to be this way.

Anyway, like I said, semantics. I disagree simply because I feel if all life ceased to be able to reproduce, there would still be purpose. I also feel I have the urge to eat and drink, though again, I feel it is a means to an end rather than a purpose.

I am well aware that feeling "the purpose of life is to live" is not a satisfactory answer to many, which is why I mentioned that in the first post

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Take good care.

!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Our original purpose....food for animals.
Once weapons are gone we will return to our original purpose

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about some of those experiences in your past. I think the list shows that you are a strong resilient person who is destined to overcome adversity and achieve great things. I wish you much luck in your quest to discover exactly what your purpose is in his life and hope you can experience happiness and peace along the way.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Maybe - but that purpose may be so horribly trivial that you'd be gobsmacked if you knew it.

Just think - maybe the FSM needs Joe Snuffy to catch a cold February 14, 2015. If he doesn't, then he'll go on a trip and meet the wrong person, get married, and have the wrong kids. This set doesn't do anything meaningful. The one kid Joe's supposed to have will write a song about pirates and ninjas that will touch one person in 2047, inspiring them to lead hundreds of people to the One True Belief.

You are supposed to give him that cold. After that, your life, meaningless as it is, is essentially done.

But it's ok, you're contingency plan #42, another 41 people are ahead of you in the bullpen, warming up. If one of them gives him the cold first, then you never really had a purpose, other than to be on standby.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jsettica

Very well put!
It is indeed not what's happened to the OP but what they have learnt from it all.

new topics

top topics

join