It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i'm gonna smash the crap outa my computer!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
SOB!!! why do i have to lose all of my files every few months? what the hell is wrong with these stoopid pieces of crap!
if our cars behaved like this, WE WOULDN'T PUT UP WITH IT!!!

i was just surfing today and my screen starts flashing and slowing down, so i reboot and when the pos comes back up, ALL MY BOOKMARKS ARE GONE! AAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

and i just got it out of the shop and they put the latest anti virus software on it.

this crap is always happening to me. a few months ago, all my pictures just freaking vanished!

WTF!!!!!!!!!???????

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
What do you mean flashing and slowing down?

What you are describing sounds like.. well, not normal. Can you please be more descriptive?

I think you need to defrag and clean your hard drive a bit, search for bad sectors..

Did you actually shut down and restart, or did you just hit the power button? If you're not powering down properly that could explain losing your bookmarks.

edit on 26-6-2012 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf10

If it's any consolation, a couple of years ago, I became equally frustrated with my computers problems too.

I took action ! I opened the bedroom window and tossed the tower unit out of said bedroom window, on to a concrete yard, to hear a aatisfying crunch.

I then went down stairs and finished it off with a sledgehammer, and set fire to it with a blow torch !

How's that for mad ?

Very satisfying, but expensive, a true story. I was ' effin mad that day !

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
ha! i love it mr john. i wish you had video! i kicked the crap out of my last one and fried the mother board, soooooo satisfying.

but yeah i did hit the power button cause i was pissed.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Sounds like a virus or some kind of malware or even a browser exploit. Your files are still recoverable if you run some special file recovery software on your machine.
This site has a freeware package that might help you out. Instructions are on the site too.

Good luck.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Made everyone laugh ! So many people I know have wanted to do the same thing...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Could be a Hack3r. Here's one way to possibly find out:

1) Close all programs but make sure you're still connected to the internets.
2) Windows- click "start" then "run"
3) type "cmd" and hit enter - this will open the command prompt window
4) type "netstat"
5) If you see any "established" connections, it might be a hack3r. Physically disconnect your ethernet cable and talk to someone on how to proceed from there. "Listening" connections are ok. This link might help...

LINK: commandwindows.com...

If you're on Linux, open the terminal and type netstat.......good luck.

CNET.com is a good source for freeware and you can find several free disk recovery software options there.
edit on 26-6-2012 by BULLPIN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
holy crap bullpin, there ar 5 established conections!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I feel your pain it seems none of ours was working right for a while. I have to share this classic outtake from Office Space. Warning does have language in the song but maybe it will relieve some frustration.

youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Yikes! If all programs were closed and nothing is running in the background, that's bad. Some anti-virus software has active filtering that might account for the established connections
Look at the PID number (process ID)....that might give you some insight as to what program has the established connections. Time to call a buddy that's a computer expert....

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Just because there are 5 established connections does not mean they are hackers.

i have 7 established connections on the computer im using right now and i installed windows 2 days ago and the only things i have on it is

7zip,
firefox,
flv player,
div x player.
flash player
adobe air
quicktime

Lots of programs like these can establish connections.

edit on 26-6-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

You are correct, they might not be hax0rs.
The key point was to close ALL applications first, before doing netstat.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Yeah..

Chances that it's "h4x0rz" are slim.

Hackers have better things to do than spend time in systems that mean nothing to them. I doubt it's malware too. I bet it's failing hardware on an ancient system.

If you're truly concerned about malware and hackers, back up and re-install Windows.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Double post!

edit on 26-6-2012 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

top topics

join