Andean Stargates.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by leopayaso1987

These patterns were very popular at the early Neolithic period in Europe and have continued as traditional form ever since, they date back 11,000 years, here are the first examples, the first mural painting on the first adobe brick wall from Syria, Djad al Mugarh

edit on 27-6-2012 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by burntoast

That's really curious as they mimic the Andean portal scaling and use variants on the associated patterns. As i posted above i'm aware of the patterns importance at the start of the Neolithic period in Syria and Anatolia circa 11,000 years ago and how it continued in craft traditions, but still surprising to see it in the portal context...great example though.

etc.usf.edu...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Thanks, i have no ideas on how any of this would work if at all in a practical sense i just observe the context and associated meaning of patterns.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Great thread.
I love the stuff that Brien Forster is doing.
His work in South America is awesome !

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Or maybe they were unwelcomed guests...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by lambros56

He does highlight a few obscure but interesting sites which is useful.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
It strikes me as remarkable at how these designs are similar to those within the Great Pyramid, thousands of miles away.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Fascinating thread OP. Thanks for sharing.

I beleive that stargates were for real at one point in history. Do they still work? Who knows? I would love to see what's on the other side though!!

About the shamans of the time, I have read a lot about shamanism and they travel spiritually to other realms while journeying. They don't need a door or portal to do this so I don't think those portal were used by them.

My question is, who came here through them? Why? And where were they from???

Teye22

S+F

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt
reply to post by mespen

Yes, it's curious that a sense of architectural depth is created, to draw one in as it were, and that this then seemingly goes nowhere...

'portals' like this always make me think.... if i was going to build a 'stargate' of sorts in a cliff face
i'd build it into a doorway, i wouldn't just prop it against the cliff wall and hope for the best...

when i left that scummy two bit little planet for good i'd take all the valuable metal components with me
leaving the stone doorway to nowhere
or maybe they'd rust out, or get scavenged over the years
who knows

it seems extremely unlikely that ever was the case
but when i see these empty doorways i just can't help imagining
the incredible machinery that could have given that form function

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by decepticonLaura

Originally posted by Kantzveldt
reply to post by mespen

Yes, it's curious that a sense of architectural depth is created, to draw one in as it were, and that this then seemingly goes nowhere...

'portals' like this always make me think.... if i was going to build a 'stargate' of sorts in a cliff face
i'd build it into a doorway, i wouldn't just prop it against the cliff wall and hope for the best...

when i left that scummy two bit little planet for good i'd take all the valuable metal components with me
leaving the stone doorway to nowhere
or maybe they'd rust out, or get scavenged over the years
who knows

it seems extremely unlikely that ever was the case
but when i see these empty doorways i just can't help imagining
the incredible machinery that could have given that form function

Perhaps these "doorways" and "portals" were used as an altar to the Gods they worshiped at that time? You could place a small alter up against the end of the doorway against the wall. The sense of depth would be perceived as one coming closer to communion with their God, providing a sense of closeness with their deity in order to pray, or something similar.

I'm all about the Stargate theory...that'd be pretty amazing. However, I'd also like to throw in some other real world possibilities.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I'm not really capable (currently) of jumping on this whole "Stargate" bandwagon issue...

When you show pictures OP of similarities in designs, that simply means their was a cultural commonality for the eras they represented, leading from a certain cultural design mentality, to the remnants later in another civilization era, that were eventually disassembled into nothing more then oddities..

Civilizations of the past, that produce a certain world wide cultural awareness, are (at the time of falling into disrepair and chaos once gain as all civilizations do, including this one which is well on it's way to going the same route) become like a snake with it's head cut off, the head can still function, as well as the body does too, independently from each other (for a time that is)..

The snake head would be the technological cultural heritages, which soon disintegrate into nothing but skeletal remains, while the body is the culture itself, looking disparately for structure once again, eventually also deteriorating into nothing more then skeletal remains, eventually becoming barely a whisper of it's former "glory"...

I see cultural trace memories being presented in the works you have shown OP, I see old mixed with the new, to try and determine a pattern of similarities whereas the only similarities between them, is one of geometry, not cultural meanings..

Group trace memories by cultural standards of an age gone by,not one of "Stargates" not of hidden technologies in plain site..

Myths and legends always have a grain of truth in them (of course) but the extrapolations, the deviations from original intent due to oral translations handed down from father to son, mother to daughter over the era's, has so far obfuscated the original intent of the meanings, that they become absolutely worthless as a marker for physical proof in any form IMO...

Suppositions abound, and grow everyday, to the point, that this is the very proof of how "myth's become legends" in the works at this very moment...

In Myths and legends A does not mean B will be next, nor does 2+2 = 4...

Let's look at this from a more scientific extrapolation, one based upon hard/cold/RAW facts, that any other can produce, and why do we have for another to verify?..."similar (though not conclusive) evidence of a culture long ago, that was driven from a single civilization, that spanned the globe, OR had means of communications between varying degrees of local populations, that were able to transfer technological means, and agriculture means to each other..

You really only have two choices as to how this can be accomplished:

1) Remote communications, similar to a cell phone, or the internet as we have now OR

2) Physical traveling to different regions, from a central civilization, using their own unique cultural advantages, to override the natives particular belief systems, to foment a "satellite" operation that would have at it's core "ambassadors" from that central hub of theological/cultural/and technological capacities...

We have fine examples of both here and now, and without solid physical proof for number 1 choice to be the primary means this was accomplished, we are left with number 2...

MY apologies OP, but I see no Stargates before me in those pictures, I see "lack of evidence" being presented as a possible truth, with no evidence to back up such a claim...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantifedInfinity

The Inca as a people weren't that ancient when there origin myths were set out, which involved;

One of the main myths about the origin of the Incas was the one about the Ayar brothers originating from a cave named Pacaritambo, Tambo of Production, Tambo of Dawn, or Hideaway House. This place was found on the hill Tambotoco, the same one that has three windows. From one of these windows, Maras Toco, the group of the Maras Sutic issued "without being generated by parents", like spontaneous generation. From the other window, Capac Toco, issued four brothers whose names were Ayar Uchu, Ayar Cachi, Ayar Mango and Ayar Auca.

They were accompanied by their four sisters, Mama Ocllo, Mama Huaco, Mama Ipacura or Cura and Mama Raua. Each chronicler, according to his informants' references recounts these episodes with small variations.

In Inca mythology, one of the main Inca creation myths was that of the Ayar Brothers, who emerged from a cave called Pacaritambo ("Hostel of Production", "Hostel of Dawn" or "Hideout House"). This house was located on Tambotoco Hill. It had three windows. According to the myth, the group of Maras Sutic emerged from one of the windows, called Maras Toco ("without parents") by spontaneous generation .

The question then for me is are these mountain portals and geometric shrine/portal/window designs, which often incorporate the threefold aspect, related to these creation legends were the ancestors issued forth from such without generation, the answer would appear to be yes...

One can suggest shamanic or cosmological interpretations for the iconography, but it also needs to be considered that the legends themselves establish these as points of emergence, actual portals, and whilst there are decorative shrine types which will celebrate and commemorate these legends, there are also the the more obscure sites which have the appearance of enigmatic functionality, for example in the video i linked to the portal resembles a modern military bunker entrance...that i find curious if the context was pure ritual.

The evidence is certainly there for the basis of the legends, as well as the greater cultural contextualization seen in the related iconography.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tgwright1

Yes, as well as the niche in the Queens chamber which would have accomodated something or other...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

Myths, legends, and Folk Tails, past down through the ages, always (as mentioned) have a grain of truth hidden within it's central core..

But the problem with using this as a "scientific" extrapolation of information, is akin to using a Rorschach test to explain Quantum Mechanics.. "ANY" interpretation is the correct one for the observer (investigator)..

So we (being human) use our vast skill in pattern recognition abilities, to try and discern some meaning from the stories told through the ages, even written upon stone, and other materials of the ages..

We deduce a purpose of an object in the past, as to it's function, meaning, and purpose, when in fact, if items from the 1800's was to be presented to a modern day scientist, with nothing more then sketchy pictures to it's explain it's meaning, the modern day archaeologist would be left with a tremendous amount of hypotheticals as to it's usages, when in fact, (as an example) the very object, was "one part" of a simple farm based apparatus, and by itself could no more function as an individual unit, then you could stop breathing and continue to live..

I would dearly love to get on some roads and or paths that people produce as a solution (really I would) but that's a personal desire, which is rife with my own interpretations of data...

Scientifically, what you state, is simply "legends", and legends "remain" legends until proof in the physical can verify the origins, and discern (strip away) the embellishments, and distortions from the actual event(s)..

Troy was such a legend, but the archaeologist did not stop with hypotheticals, he actually discerned the meaning, did surveys, worked "hard evidence" to finally arrive at the location of where it "should be" and even then, it was a 50/50 shot in the dark as to wither or not Troy was there to begin with..

Once found however, many old legends of it's size, wealth, and power, were either verified, abolished, or "altered" to fit "reality" as evidence by physical proof..

The SAME methodologies needs to be applied here in this case...

We have a legend of three holes for which three people arrived from, three doorways, gateways, and such that are where the central characters were supposed to come from and return to..

Going on that alone, one is left with one simple "starter" question as the crux of the entire premise:

"Where are the three doorways/holes" that are spoken of?....

Without those being found, verified, and proven by more then a single individuals research, we are back where we started at, left with simply "legends"...

I would love to see this turn out like the city of Troy was, but that was a rare exception in archeology, because he was able to garner enough support to be able to dig and actually find the city of Troy...

With everything being about monetary means (the bottom line as it were) nowadays, and with education being geared toward a business moniker, instead of pure research for the sake of clarity and innovation, I'm afraid this will never be more then what it is currently....

Legends....

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I don't have any feedback, but I wanted the exclaim that I think this is incredibly exiting, I just love this theory. I have read that there are worked stones in south america that have some strange magnetic properties, perhaps the stone gates have been worked in a way that changes their magnetic properties and a piece of technology like the gold disc opens the gate, perhaps the disc is just he energy source, a battery.
edit on 27-6-2012 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by decepticonLaura

Yes one would expect if they were portals used by an advanced race that there were functional components set into the portals to facilitate progression through, whether for stability or energy source who knows. The pattern iconography i suggested could perhaps relate to the basic methodology of any such device

Certainly there was whole lot more to sites such as Puma Punku that can only be guessed at, in terms of all the drilled holes, niches and grooves and interlocking aspects that would have held related super-structure.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

This is just my opinion, but to me the carvings in the mountainside look more like shrines ( which might have housed gold or jeweled statues representing the local's deities that were stolen by the Spanish or possibly other tribes) and the caves may have been used to melt the gold down for molding. It's easier for me to believe that than a magical gateway which opens up into solid rock and takes people to and from another world. I use the term Magical Gateway because there are no visible mechanisms or any explanations on how to make it work as a portal.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Just a suggestion, you might want to research the religion and beliefs of the peoples who made this stone work. That probably will give you a good idea of what they meant to them

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

That's easier said than done in my opinion, if one looks at greater Tiwanaku culture for example it raises more questions than answers.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DevineWisdom

I think in many instances it would have been as you suggest, niches for idols in commemorative and decorative settings, but i'm not convinced that would have been the case for the earliest sites.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum