Andean Stargates.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+35 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The Andean cultures seemingly provide best evidence for 'stargates' along the lines of the popularised sci-fi version, the Spanish reported the Inca origins of their civilization, that the ancestors of the Inca simply emerged from three mountain portals near Cuzco, and illustrated this,

It can be noted there also that the stepped mountain the Inca emerged from bears comparision with the symbolic imagery of Viracocha upon the three levels of existance motif.

An actual example of such portals in symbolic form can be seen on the Island of the Moon at Lake Titikaka, from whence the Tiwanaku,

In general it can probably be said that the stepped geometric motif such as seen at Puma Punku always relates to these portals, and that these in the stand alone form of the Andean cross or Chakana came to represent the intersection of the Earthly realm, the underworld, and Heavenly realms, as symbolized by the Puma, serpent and condor, and that the Shaman could transcend these realms by recourse to the symbolism...but whether that was their original function or is later interpretation by subsequent cultures is of course open to question.

In the Atacama desert one sees the standalone stepped geometric motif upon the mountainsides in rudimentary form, possibly as an invitation for the Gods to descend through it;

Questions arise though when one compares these rudimentary motifs with the high quality stonework seen for example at this site, were the focal point is the stepped geometry in conjunction with a false doorway, which does appear to predate the associated inca ruins;

There it could perhaps be said the pattern does not represent the portal, but rather is associate with it, the portals themselves seen to have been the false doorways into the mountains, such as seen at Puerta de Hayu Marca.

www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk...

Any consideration of what was involved here will inevitably simply hit the stone wall and get nowhere, but returning to the pattern motif, this should hold the key,

It can be seen that whilst the pattern can be represented in two dimensional iconography, often it had three dimensional aspects and depth when employed in architectural features, thus if one looks at more developed and sophisticated reconstructions of the pattern elements one perhaps can gain insight into why it was associated with portals and passageways through the reals of time and space...

When rendered thus the motif does lend itself to what modern expectations of such a schematic would entail, somewhat resembling the design of the Cern particle accelorator.

edit on 26-6-2012 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)
edit on 26-6-2012 by Kantzveldt because: link

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Stargates have always been something that interested me. But of course are they just a thing of myth? I want to believe no. How do we turn these darn things back on? Is it possible the destination to which they came from has been destroyed.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

I want to thank you for your articulate and well thought-out post. I've lost a lot of faith in ATS recently and threads like this reassure me. Good job, very interesting. This concept has been touched on here before but you brought new life to it.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
Stargates have always been something that interested me. But of course are they just a thing of myth? I want to believe no. How do we turn these darn things back on? Is it possible the destination to which they came from has been destroyed.

This begs to say maybe there was a reason they were turned off, destroyed or shut down...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Interesting pics'.
The image with 4 pictures in perticuler .Each picture give me a sense of depth, tunnels leading off to somewhere else.
Im not feeling 'stargates' though.
Maybe the people of that time where witness to some sort of teleporting beings , and they tried to duplicate this by carveing the teleporting aurore ( couldn't think of a good way to describe it) into rocks to try to mimic what they perseved as god like portals.
Damn you OP, i will be thinking about this for days now( Ancient astronout theories)
S+F to you

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

It depends, the iconography of the chakana in shamanic terms was held to be part of a spiritual tradition for transcending between this realm and the underworld and Heavenly realms, no doubts on that.

The question i'm raisng though is was this the original premise of the iconography, in conjunction with the sophisticated stonework that many see as pre-dating the likes of the Inca, for example does a shaman need a superbly carved portal to pass through into other realms, or are these artifacts from a more advanced culture.

Theres another example here of the site i video linked to, this doesn't look like an aspect of a shamanic culture...

hiddenincavideos.com...

Some of the caves have vitrification within them suggesting high energy was involved.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MentalPriapism

Thanks, i think the site seen in the video should raise questions anew about portals in the Andean region, the associated carved iconography in connection with the Inca claiming to have emerged from such.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Awesome thread OP.
I noted that you are focusing on the patterns and do not wish to send this in the wrong direction but I wanted to ask if you think Amaru Muru fits your pattern theory? It seems to have an odd shape but in no way resembles the examples you provided. Thanks in advance. S+F

Amaru Muru

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mespen

Yes, it's curious that a sense of architectural depth is created, to draw one in as it were, and that this then seemingly goes nowhere...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

It is also interesting how these carveings start off as a hugh great 'doorway' , but there centre , there prestige, is a doorway that is design for a typicle human to walk through?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by howmuch4another

No it doesn't have such patterns in direct conjunction, though obviously it is in the area were such patterns were highly prevalent in the culture. Refering back to the video i linked to, it can be seen the actual portal is quite featureless, whilst what is considered an associated shrine is based on the pattern, thus i considered that the pattern held the key as it were to what was involved in passage through what essentialy involves a flat stone face.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mespen

Yes, the doors are human size, they seem to use diminishing perspective to draw the viewer in and create a sense of transition through space.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
congratulations for the cool thread. As soon as I saw the pictures i remembered the old carpets that my granma and grandpa used to have in their old countryside house in Romania. The design of the patterns of such carpets are very similar to the design of the carvings in the stones and also maybe to the traditional clothing of people in Peru and Bolivia.
I am not saying that there is a connection between my country and the andean plateau, but i still find it interesting.
I do not know how to post a picture or a link of such photos, but if you go for example on a search engine and type "covoare taranesti" you will see what i mean.
Sorry for the crappy English, i am still learning

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation

This begs to say maybe there was a reason they were turned off, destroyed or shut down...

Maybe they didn't spring for the service plan.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
whats so cool about these DOOR WAYS or STARGATES is... its found somehwere else other then inca land

Midas Tomb - turkey
upload.wikimedia.org...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
You ever entertained the idea it could just be for decorative purposes?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
During my years in South America, I had seen some of these "Portals", you'll be surprised how many there are. There are more than one type, besides the popular "Stargate" type.

The Inti Watana in Machu Picchu is an example. Years ago, when was allowed to touch it, people used to lay down on it and have out of body experiences.

Others, as simple as designs carved on a rock and work like data banks.

The "Door" like portals work in a very complex way. You can't pass them with your physical body, but other beings use them to come to our world, these had been happening for centuries, local people know it and accept it in a natural way, as a fact.

Most of them are still operational, the reason they last so many years is because they look like a simple piece of stone. No gold or gems.

Maybe I can go deeper with this later, coming back from work. Good thread.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Flagged for later when I wake up. Looks like a promising topic and something I'll have to do more research into. These are the types of threads I like to see on ATS. =}

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Some people say that these 'stargates' became un-usable due to the Earth changing position so that the gates were no longer aligned with the portal passages. This is possible and also they could not only go off-world but from one area of Earth to another as well as inner earth too perhaps.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

One can trace what develops in terms of function reliant on form to dress formality for functions....

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join