It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antiquity and History - The Angel of Death - Babylon - Samiaza and the Nephilim

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Saturn is actually connected with sign Capricorn and in the painting First fruits of the Earth offered to Saturn (www.digital-images.net...) and is seen holding the ouroboros (that old serpent). As the myth goes Saturn brought about the golden age (atlantis?) when he rebelled against his father Uranus and with a scythe (angel of death) severed his genetalia (stealing of the generative force) which brought about the morning star (venus - possibly lucifer).

The capricorn is what got my attention for its sign comes from the tale of Typhon (en.wikipedia.org...) pursuing Pan ( en.wikipedia.org...) into the seas and the parts which submerged in the waters became that of the fish/sea serpents. Pan is the son of Dionysus the drunk aspect of, lets use occultism to side step the masonic implications.

This brings in the associations of Zeus, Son of Cronos (Saturn) being raised by a goat, Capricorn. This also ties in with Babylonian myth as the sea-goat (Ea) and even Gilgamesh as the symbols of Enki were a goat and a fish. One common symbolism of this is the tower of Babylon rising from the waters which opens whole new dimensions to the origins of the gods of antiquity (that is if one views them from an Judeo-Christian view point).

The Constellation of Capricorn has also been called the ‘Pather of Light’ and 15,000 years ago, the Sun was at this point on the summer solstice, dating the history of the mythology of this Constellation back 15,000 years. During that time goatskins were sacred and the Goat Fish was recognised in almost every ancient civilisation. He was known as such things as ‘He of the vast intellect’, ‘Lord of the Sacred Eye’ and ‘God of Wisdom’.
( www.forecasters.co.nz... ) This provides links to an"All Seeing Eye"

The Constellation of Capricorn was also known as the ‘House of Death’, as the Sun moves into the Constellation of Capricorn on the winter solstice and into its darkest and lowest point of the year. This is yet another association with that Angel of Death.

Do not forget that Saturn is the last of the Titan gods.

Now in later myth Prometheus stole the fire from heaven as a "gift" to mankind. This would make his a light bearer much the same as Lucifer in the Bible. More importantly though is his punishment of having his liver feasted on by an eagle. The liver is associated with the planet Saturn in old sacrificial practices.

The legend of Zeus falling in love with Europa is similar to the rise of the nephilim in the Bible as well. As David Flynn depicted Europa riding the bull (Zeus in disguise) to seduce her. Europa the daughter of the Phoenician king. Phoenicians were often called the Red-men (on account of their dyes) was a connection to the Masonic order of the red men, but lets pass on this for now for it implies a clear understanding of the origins of their 'Craft'.
( www.redmen.org... )

Gets into mythology around the 12-15 minute mark.

Now the goat connection here to Saturn and its use in the Abraham sending the goat into the wild as mock sacrifice to samiaza along with it importance in satanism as the baphomet is intriguing.

Really makes you think what the whole system is really about.
edit on 26-6-2012 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

interesting. to be honest, it all sounds a bit crazy. could you bring some more structure into it ? like a chronological structure, what was at the beginning, what happened over the ages, etc ?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I thoroughly enjoyed the video. He brings up a lot of interesting things that I didn't know, and now I guess I need to look into them a bit more. It's uncanny how he ties so many things together; things that on the surface seem to be unrelated. Makes me wonder where his studies have taken him, and how his presentation (or thoughts) have evolved. I'll have to follow up on that as well.

Thanks for posting this; I'll share it with some of my friends...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

interesting. to be honest, it all sounds a bit crazy. could you bring some more structure into it ? like a chronological structure, what was at the beginning, what happened over the ages, etc ?

I see your point, I wrote it quickly and realize I left many key points and descriptions out without realizing.

I will be rewriting it to hopefully flesh it out so it is more accessible.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Interesting read!

I want to point out some faults I see though. Maybe your fleshed out revision plans on covering some of these points. As a comparative religions student, and a lover of all things mythology, I think your thesis here lacks a few things.

01. Saturn, traditionally, is a planet ruling over two signs: Capricorn and Aquarius. Only in modern Occult studies do Neptune, Uranus, and Pluto take over for Saturn, Mars, and Venus second signs. I see a lot of focus on Capricorn, but almost nothing about Aquarius.

02. the scythe used by Cronus to castrate Ouranos was not representative of the Angel of Death. Indo-European mythology did not have an Angel of Death. The scythe is representative of the fertility aspects of the Primordial Gods (Nyx, Erebus, Gaia, Tartarus, Ouranos). By giving it to Cronus, Gaia is passing the fertile aspects from the Primordial God, representing terrestrial formation, on to the new generation, the Titans, representing naturally occurring cycles on the Earth. The castration is about fertilization; the blood and seed spilled during the castration becomes Aphrodite (the beautiful sea), the Cyclopes (architects of the world), and several other forces. Cronus inherits the fertility aspects of his father, and a new age is begun.

The association with the Titan race as Earth-cycles seems to be a lesser-known theory on them, let me outline it quick for you here, perhaps it can be used in your own theory. To begin with, you have to understand the Generations of Indo-European and eventually Greek deities.

Everything begins with CHAOS, which births two principles: the feminine creatrix (called Nyx) and the masculine seed (called Erebus) who represent night and darkness. From their merger are born the masculine Underworld (called Tartarus), and the feminine Earth (called Gaia). From their union comes the neutral, Ouroborus-deity called Ouranos, who represents the sky. This takes care of the inanimate, primal, and primordial forces of existence in their mythology.

Ouranos then births the Titan race, originally 9 in number. They each come to represent an inanimate, although life-like aspect of the Earth. They become personifications of nature-cycles.

Cronus, who was still honored in the Kronia, represented the the Harvest, a method of time still recognized by all agriculture societies, including modern ones. Rhea represents the fertile Earth, inheriting Gaia's position, Rhea comes to represent Nature.

Oceanus as the second generation Lord of the Sea comes to represent the cycle of flood and drought. He is the force of the untamed seas. Tethys, Oceanus' wife, represents the tidal cycle, which can be used to calculate seasonal changes, as well as the time of the day.

Hyperion, the "distant one" is believed to be the Sun, or the North Star. In either case, he is a measurement of stellar time, as opposed to lunar, harvest, or seasonal time. Theia, as Hyperion's wife, represents the same concept, but she is the light itself, over the source.

Iapetus is the Titan of mortal life spans, vegetation, animal life, etc. Obvious.

Coeus represents the axial rotation of Earth around the pole star, or, the seasonal rotation of Earth, which inspired so much mythology.

Mnemosyne, finally, is the mother of the muses. The creative principle, which goes hand-in-hand with time. She comes to represent the dormant potential in all things.

The final 3 Titans, scholarly, were believed to have been added to balance the 12 Olympians, and have different offices, inconsistent with the original 9 Titans.

03. The dating of mythology back 15,000 years is incorrect. Mythology, as a concept, is only approximately 10,000 years old, with true myth only emerging about 6,000 years ago (4000 BC). Sumerian mythology where Enki has his origins, has almost no Saturnine influence. The reason Enki has a goat-fish association is because his office was as Lord of the Two Waters (the Tigris and Euphrates), and as the Lord of the Fertile Earth. Enki was the true ruler of the Earth, which is why in primitive mythology he "spills his semen like rain across the fields" to fertilize them (the word for semen, and for rain, were the same thing in Sumer).

Enki only receives a truly Saturnine influence when the people of Akkad conquer Sumer, and the city-state of Babylon is erected. In Babylonian myth, unlike in Sumer, there is the introduction of the Chaos Serpent, Tiamat, who represents the Void, or Non-being. In Babylon the state-god Marduk rises to power, through his mythology of slaying Tiamat. After Marduk inherits the earth, Enki goes to live in the Apsu, at the foot of Tiamat. Meaning, Enki becomes the wise-god who lives at the furthest reaches of existence: Saturn. The Saturnine influences were added to Enki, he was not conceived with them.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Thank you very much for your input.

I may be PM'ing you to consult on a few points.

The info you gave me is definitely going to extend my revision.
edit on 28-6-2012 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

join