It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another day in paradise (cool photo's)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
So today as I was getting the mail I took a second to look around and enjoy the weather, and in the process I ran into this white tailed dragonfly. It just reminds me of how we miss so much beauty as we go about our busy lives, sometimes we just need to slow down and enjoy the wonder of it all. Thought you might enjoy these ATS.

uncropped

photo 1

My favorite

photo-2

I placed links for the uncropped ones because they didn't format well on the page.

I hope you enjoyed what will most likely be todays only non SHTF thread. Im off to work, ill check back in tonight to see what you guys think.
edit on 26-6-2012 by KevinB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by KevinB

Cracking pictures - thanks for posting the only NonSHTF thread today

Enjoyed them. If you are into photography check out this thread...some great images over there

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by KevinB

Amazing photo's friend, you captured some great detail!
After seeing your pics, i went straight to wikipedia to learn some knowledge on these 4 winged insects.
Did you know that there is over 5680 different species , and even though they have 6 legs , most cannot walk!
But there flying speed makes up for that---- 22-34 mph or 10 -15 meters per second!
You eye for natures beauty has inspired me to learn something small but nevertheless amazing.
Thanks you for pictures.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by KevinB

Nice, very nice, Kevin. Where abouts do you have whitebodied dragonflies? Have never seen any here in NW Ohio.

new topics

top topics

join