It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think something abnormal happened last night in the UK.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

U.S. here. Nothing out of ordinary here, but if I start to see people start acting normal and like they have at least half a brain, then I'll definetly know something's not right.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradisepurple
TechUnique, I always really enjoy your posts (plus you're hot)

I couldn't agree more with this one. I'm in South Wales and same here. It's actually been happening for a while but the last few nights have just been crazy..... When I do eventually get off my dreams are just mental and more vivid than ever....

Friends say the same.... WTF is going on?!

I have had an increase in dream frequency and intensity recently as well! Steadily increasing over the past couple of years or so.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
reply to post by kidtwist

Can you ask some people you know and report back?

I normally live in Manchester but I am currently staying in Somerset at the mo (ufo hotspot here btw!) so can ask people in Manchester for sure, but I barely know anyone here.

Not being able to sleep is a common occurance for people, maybe not everyone every night, but someone you know will have a bout of insomnia most nights. So no doubt there will be others I know, but it was the fact that it was not weather or stress related keeping me awake, which I did note as odd, and like I say, after seeing your message it caught my attention.

If there was something going on, then it will most likely be limited to a small percentage of people because my dad slept like a log last night, but then he always sleeps through anything!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidtwist

Originally posted by TechUnique
reply to post by kidtwist

Can you ask some people you know and report back?

I normally live in Manchester but I am currently staying in Somerset at the mo (ufo hotspot here btw!) so can ask people in Manchester for sure, but I barely know anyone here.

Not being able to sleep is a common occurance for people, maybe not everyone every night, but someone you know will have a bout of insomnia most nights. So no doubt there will be others I know, but it was the fact that it was not weather or stress related keeping me awake, which I did note as odd, and like I say, after seeing your message it caught my attention.

If there was something going on, then it will most likely be limited to a small percentage of people because my dad slept like a log last night, but then he always sleeps through anything!

I was pulling out all the stops to try and get to sleep and it just wasn't happening! I haven't had insomnia in a little while more than usual although this felt much different than usual as many are stating.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Greetings TechUnique, ATS Readers, Writers,

My immediate thoughts were upon reading initial post was hmmmm.... did "they" crank up the ELF frequencies or something to see if it had an effect on peoples moods, etc? Turning the cellphone towers into some sort of influential source of energy?

Many say it is possible, and the science "behind" the theories are sound..

Read the whole thread up to where I join in here... hmm..

I have had the same, but it is surely because of the stress etc of my world currently...

IF a bunch of people are, or were demonstrating this odd behavior... HAS IT STOPPED?? Are folks acting NORMAL NOW??

Like something got turned off that was causing it, is my point here I guess??

If it has not stopped, it might be just an accumulation of everything hitting folks all at once, or coming to a head, so to speak.

The LOUSY economy, war everywhere, and trying to get a couple MORE going at the same time.... money losing value.. everything getting more costly.. etc, etc. etc... people are doing the "juggling act" just to get by these days; and are juggling several balls in the air, instead of two maybe....

Poor analogy perhaps, but maybe you get my jist here..and MAYBE you noticed the others, because you were in the same "mood" or feelings?? just another thought..

On the above thought, it is like NOTICING a BUNCH OF OF RED Mini Coopers on the road, AFTER you have bought one for yourself... before.. you didnt notice ALL the red mini coopers, but now you do???

Another terrible anology probably..lol... sorry..

Good luck getting your rest though.... and getting that electronic tag OFF yer ankle.. stay outta trouble, be good if you can mate!

Pravdaseeker

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I enjoy having strange dreams although if they're too disturbing it really p****s me off for the rest of the day, funny the power dreams can have over us even when awake....

However, these recent dreams are just downright bizarre and even though I can remember them, it's just impossible to put into words what happened.... Last night when I finally got off to sleep there was a levitating dog in a cemetery and it all made perfect sense in my dream... But to explain here, well it just can't be done

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by pravdaseeker

Greetings TechUnique, ATS Readers, Writers,

My immediate thoughts were upon reading initial post was hmmmm.... did "they" crank up the ELF frequencies or something to see if it had an effect on peoples moods, etc? Turning the cellphone towers into some sort of influential source of energy?

Many say it is possible, and the science "behind" the theories are sound..

Read the whole thread up to where I join in here... hmm..

I have had the same, but it is surely because of the stress etc of my world currently...

IF a bunch of people are, or were demonstrating this odd behavior... HAS IT STOPPED?? Are folks acting NORMAL NOW??

Like something got turned off that was causing it, is my point here I guess??

If it has not stopped, it might be just an accumulation of everything hitting folks all at once, or coming to a head, so to speak.

The LOUSY economy, war everywhere, and trying to get a couple MORE going at the same time.... money losing value.. everything getting more costly.. etc, etc. etc... people are doing the "juggling act" just to get by these days; and are juggling several balls in the air, instead of two maybe....

Poor analogy perhaps, but maybe you get my jist here..and MAYBE you noticed the others, because you were in the same "mood" or feelings?? just another thought..

On the above thought, it is like NOTICING a BUNCH OF OF RED Mini Coopers on the road, AFTER you have bought one for yourself... before.. you didnt notice ALL the red mini coopers, but now you do???

Another terrible anology probably..lol... sorry..

Good luck getting your rest though.... and getting that electronic tag OFF yer ankle.. stay outta trouble, be good if you can mate!

Pravdaseeker

Haha thanks a lot for your post!

You know I haven't mentioned it yet but I was thinking about it being something to do with the 'collective human conscious' but that may seem a bit far out for some even on ATS!

I always keep out of trouble

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Now I think about it, Sunday night was a bit mad. I just put it down to being a haunted hotel room, but yes, trouble getting off to sleep and mind racing. That was Manchester, but last night was cool. but that could be the effects of the trappist beer.

CX

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Well i went into Southampton yesterday, and the trains were packed with people who were all travelling back across and up country from the Isle of Wight Festival.....they looked like zombies.

Honestly, hundreds of them, lack of sleep and a weekend of drinking or taking whatever seems to have taken it's toll. Sleepy spaced out faces everywhere.

CX.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
LOL!!!!

Has personal sleep problems. Thinks ENTIRE COUNTRY has the same problem.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradisepurple

I enjoy having strange dreams although if they're too disturbing it really p****s me off for the rest of the day, funny the power dreams can have over us even when awake....

However, these recent dreams are just downright bizarre and even though I can remember them, it's just impossible to put into words what happened.... Last night when I finally got off to sleep there was a levitating dog in a cemetery and it all made perfect sense in my dream... But to explain here, well it just can't be done

I love symbolism and surrealism in real life so I am used to having fairly bizarre, lucid and epic dreams. But oh my gosh recently its been epic, and I've learnt so much more from my dreams and started incorporating what I learn into my waking life.

I'm going to write a thread about dream function and practicality soon!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
LOL!!!!

Has personal sleep problems. Thinks ENTIRE COUNTRY has the same problem.

You're from somewhere in Virginia in the states right?..

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I was thinking the same about the collective human concious. What things have people been dreaming about i ended up googleing mine yesterday as i could not make sense of them. I was in a boat and the Sphinx was on the beach with 2 giant plastic elephants that sprayed water. In another dream i was unboard an aircraft and there was someone on there that was similar to me in looks but had suffered disfigurement to raidiation and if they touched me the disfigurement transfered to me and then they were able to go to ground. they then came back and touched me again and i went back to being myself. Really strange dreams.

CX

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Hope you don't mind me asking, had you taken anything that could have added to these feelings?

Energy drinks, or something a little stronger perhaps? Not accusing you of anything, just trying to eliminate possibilities.

CX.
edit on 26/6/12 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I cannot believe you mentioned this!
last night and this morning was so strange i couldn't sleep solid but kept drifting in and out and had the most lucid dreams!
but theres been a lot of crazy energy the last couple of weeks.

i'm from northeast england.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I didn't notice anything last night.

Went to sleep about 1am, fell asleep straight away.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Were you asking me? No i do get sleep paralysis but these dreams are strange there is also anotherone on the beach and everything is gray and it is at night, there is lots of snow or ash falling it feels really calm.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Please do! I will look forward to that thread

I'm worried though about reading into my dreams too much & end up making a stupid decision about something...

One thing that really bugs me, there is someone in my life who I would LOVE to dream about.... Neither of us are 'available' but we have contact pretty often and he's on my mind pretty much most of the time - therefore I would have thought I'd be dreaming about him all the time. But in all the 2 years I've known him I've only ever dreamed about him twice, whereas I dream about other men all the time! (some who I know, some who I have no idea who the hell are...) I wonder how that works....

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Hope you don't mind me asking, had you taken anything that could have added to these feelings?

Energy drinks, or something a little stronger perhaps? Not accusing you pf anything, just trying to eliminate possibilities.

CX.

I hadn't done anything out of the ordinary
I have really been looking after myself recently and with good results! That is why the extent of the insomnia was a little surprising given my recent 2-3 years of improvement.

This isn't even what got me thinking it was the whole day that's puzzled me, I can handle insomnia fine and I haven't taken any stimulants.

Apart from an ongoing severely cut down caffeine allowance :p

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

So any thoughts?

Always. I imagine what you describe happening and see it causing a loss of confidence in either one of two things.
Reality or my perception of reality, which should lead to paranoia, if the experience lasts for an extended amount of time.
You aren't still feeling the way you described, so it didn't last long enough for you to get there. Did you even begin to feel something like that ? Losing touch ?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join