It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Benevolent Intelligent ET Lifeforms Are A Pipedream

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Though I have no evidence to support it, I very much WANT to believe the very OPPOSITE of what the OP asserts is the truth. (At least I admit to lack of real evidence behind my OPINION). I hope warlike, predatory, vampiric species like Earth humans - or politically dominantly so - are invariably NOT ALLOWED by the higher, evolved, civilized enough species/beings to ever travel, say, outside their own solar systems. They need to remain quarrantined. No interstellar, intergalactic and interdimensional travel for violent #ing FREAKS!! Or at least that's how it SHOULD be...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lightworth
No interstellar, intergalactic and interdimensional travel for violent #ing FREAKS!! Or at least that's how it SHOULD be...

This is possibly the best reply in the thread.
Thanks!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Its pretty simple: we did not leave the planet far enough to be the "predators" you are talking about.

What we need for that is knowledge...a knowledge that will be quantum leap.
we need to learn something which will also diminish our need for ressources: location is an attribute of an object.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

You're welcome, Balkan. Actually the truth, if applicable, could be somewhere in the middle ground, where ETs that are capable of space travel are neither into the most blatant type of savagery that we see here on Earth, nor are they all "sunshine and pink unicorns" either. Intelligent beings are usually complex enough, as I see it.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kauskau
Its pretty simple: we did not leave the planet far enough to be the "predators" you are talking about.

We don't have to go anywhere to be predators. We already are predators.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Haha, You cant based your entire opinion about whats outside of earth with whats in earth. I mean, comparing animal instinct and food chain crap to ET's is beyond me. Im guessing you trust in the government and the mainstream media to provide you with trustful information and I am here to say you are putting your mind in by far the wrong hands. By comparing animals and their behavior to ETs is like comparing a chair to stars, It just doesnt make sense. Is it so outrageous to think that these ETs are benevolent? To think they are the complete opposite of what our TVs and Movies have led us to think? Rarely to never have we ever seen a movie or have been given any indication from the government that the possibility that these ETs are benevolent and loving in nature and not only that but their appearance did not have two heads and tentacles but looked like us with a minor differences.....Just giving you something to think about. If the ETs were "predators" then don't you think they would have noticed us by now with all the machines we are shooting into space and being the "only" planet with water in this solar system? If they wanted to destroy, enslave, or whatever they would have done it by now....Trust me. Im not saying that their are not malevolent beings out there that wish us harm because I know for a fact that they are. Sigh, If we haven't seen the real thing with our own eyes then how can we say a video on YouTube displaying the supernatural is fake or real? There are so many factors people don't take into consideration.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

I think it's nonsense to say that anything is impossible. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, and it would be absurd if someone claimed that he or she could produce evidence of absence.

I think it's ridiculous to say that all humans are predators. There are plenty of vegetarians/vegans, and sometimes entire cultures engage in these sorts of diets. In fact meat-eating is a luxury that belongs mostly to the "wealthy," so most of the world's population eats very little meat. Unless you consider plants to be "prey," you have overlooked a significant portion of humanity in your generalization.

Does your idea of "prey" imply that ETs would actually eat humans? If you imply that, then it would be a strange phenomenon in the "natural" order of things, since predators generally don't eat other predators, especially apex predators. They may kill them for territory or self-defense, but they generally do not eat them.

However if you are implying that ET's would "prey" on humans in the same way that dominant humans "prey" on weaker humans, then your generalization of humanity still doesn't hold -- a predator needs prey, and the number of prey must be exponentially greater than the number of predators. If this is what you mean by prey, then the number of human predators would have to be the marginal minority of the population.

I do agree that human's prey on one another, but I see that as a small portion of humans. Most humans just want to live their lives. The sociopaths and "conquerors" are the minority, even though media makes it seem like they are abundant. Also in the minority are "activists" and "defenders." The vast majority of humans are the "just live my life" type.

Thus if we use human nature as a model of ET behavior, it would indicate to me that the predatory, sociopathic conqueror ETs would be in the minority, along with the bleeding heart crusader ETs. If ET behavior is anything like human behavior, most ETs are probably just doing their own thing.
edit on 27-6-2012 by wagnificent because: forgot to reply-to

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balkan
For the love of...!! Once AGAIN, that is not the correct interpretation of my position, and I am not reiterating again because some of you can't wrap your minds around it.

now you are contradicting yourself, your observation on human society and earths animalistic nature was clearly your main source of argument.

It would help if you actually replied with a counter argument instead of shallow "you are wrong, I'm right" replies.
at this point I'm just thinking that you are arguing for the sake of arguing, not to mention I can even detect subtle trollish incitation from your posts.

I will bite again and throw you a scenario were benevolent ETs are likely to exists. lets assume a race 100k more advance than us is still "predatory" and malevolent. One sure thing will be a that a race 100k more advanced than us has vastly superior technology and destructive power. Maybe with their technology, just a push of a button would destroy or entire solar system.
Then what is keeping them from destroying or little planet just for amusement or a quick laugh?

Now imagine a race 10 billion years more advanced than us, the technology would be so advanced that imagining it is actually difficult. Their destructive power would be so big that if they were predatory in nature or if they were involved in any sort of war, our entire milky way could be destroyed as collateral damage.

if beings like that are "malevolent" and "predatory" then we would be long dead, the universe would have been long destroyed or at least we would be feeling the effects of sharing the universe with beings like that.

I hope that if you decide to reply, you do it in the proper way and restrain from accusing others of inability to "wrap our minds" on what you say.

lastly I would like to clarify my stance
I'm not saying sending signals is a good idea, but assuming all ETs are out to get us is a far fetched idea.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

I applaude you for starting this thread with, " this is an opinion".

At least you dont make any claims of absolute proof.

My opinion is very different.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Our own instinctal behavior make a benevolent, utopian society impossible, in my opinion, for us or them.
reply to post by Balkan

But then,

We are also sadly always assuming that another ET lifeform may evolve an intelligence just like ours, which is ludicrous.

I don't believe benevolent societies are possible for any intelligent creature because it is unnatural and is not in concordance with our very basic instincts.

So they won't be benevolent because instinctively they are very much like us, except that they are not like us at all.

Instinctively predatory, interstellar races are the ones that would be very rare. The type of planetary co-operation, for the incredibly vast amount of time required to achieve the interstellar label, would be directly at odds with their predatory behaviour, rendering such an accomplishment practically impossible.

"Blessed are the meek:
for they shall inherit the earth."

The galaxy, also.
edit on 27/6/12 by Morg234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
So by your own thread wording...youre insisting ET Lifeforms are "malevolent" mean and harmful...and NOT intelligent-instead, stupid, dumb and lacking intelligence.

This thread is "malevolent" and not very "intelligent.

Put your pipe down..leave it alone....

Obviously you don't know the definition of Malevolent... just cause their mean doesn't mean their stupid

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyote66
The truth is they are neither...... Dont you think you oversimplify everything too? The OP sounds much like religion if you ask me. Aliens are not malevolent, nor benevolent, they are just...........aliens. : |

I am pretty sure the Meaning malevolent is squarely earned by the aliens during abductions!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by InternetGremlin

Perhaps you are being silly but those are relavant questions. Just how much like us would an alien race be.
I feel sorry for any that dont have sexual reproduction unless they have something even better !
Since we ourselves came from star dust I think that the universe is teeming with life just like our planet. The building blocks of life are abundant throughout the universe so it seems that life in many forms is possible.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by quantumfluctuation
A lack of benevolence does not imply malevolence

Perhaps for the most part they would be neutral viewing the Earth as just one relatively minor point of interest

No! But physical abuse does!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterFister103

Its not like we have a choice about eating other lifeforms. Look in your mouth. You were given three types of teeth. Tearing teeth, cutting teeth and grinding teeth. One for eating meat, one for eating either meat or plant and one for plants. How amazing that we are designed to eat whats on our planet.
I would think that aliens have to eat too. Energy doesnt just come out of the air. They would need energy to move around just like we do and they would need to replenish that energy as they spent it so I would venture to say that aleins eat and poop too. What fun this is. Picturing a little green man saying please dont squeeze the charmin.
edit on 27-6-2012 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
Do you know what I do to insects? When they get in my room, I do not kill them, I just catch them with paper and let them fly outside. What makes you think highly spiritual aliens unlike me, the evil, so horrible person, would not really do the same to humans, i.e not harm them? It is possible, there is no reason to think they are necessarily that hostile, they could be neutral as well.

Cause you do not represent all of humanity... And one alien being benelovent doesn't represent aliens kidnapping you! or squishing you... whatever you like!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. And the more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have.

FONV
edit on 27-6-2012 by HazyChestNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by putnamcrab

I also capture insects that get inside and release them to the outdoors. ( except mosquitos because they just dont deserve a place on this planet. Usless and disease spreading creatures )

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by HazyChestNutz
Too many people have opinion on things they know nothing about. And the more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have.

Is that your opinion ?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by HazyChestNutz
Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. And the more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have.
edit on 27-6-2012 by HazyChestNutz because: (no reason given)

So True! A Star for you!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join