It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ego-Death & Rebirth, Salvation & Mysticism, Identity & Atonement

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ekorren
Meh.. the youtube videos are taken down

Here you go bud. Found em.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Thank you

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Oh.. my.. god..

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The actions forded by the ego have no consequence if the "ego" is immaterial. Thus, "you" as a "rebirth" will have no choice as all your actions are defined and aligned to that which defines what occurs as a matter of certainty without being the "agent" in any of the actions of consequences that define reality.

Thus, without the "ego" you are basically surrendering to the world of certainty, without recognising that you are able to alter reality - however, you can only thus alter yourself - i.e. "rebirth".
edit on 11-8-2013 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

This happened to me when i was sick of my insecurities. I was going through alot...and all of a sudden, i thought to myself, Had i not been "prideful", and "envious" , there would have been no soft spot for my environment to poke...it was my prideful self and envious self whom had said "hey, you, life experience, have a shot here, he's wide open" so to speak....and when i realized this, my mind's natural inclination was to...quite literally...turn around and look at my pride and envy, as if it was in trouble and had done something wrong...almost in a similar way to getting called into the principles office lol, and i would even be suprised if the way i was scolded when i was younger has something to do with the way my mind scolded these parts of myself...scare it away.

In those moments when my minds eye was staring directly at these egotistical parts of myself, my ego #ing RAN AWAY. I could feel a huge mental weight lift from my brain, i could actually FEEL IT IN MY HEAD, i wouldnt be surprised had my cranial pressure been monitored, there would have reflected a numerical decrease...as a matter of fact, i am 100% positive there would have. i am talking about physiologal changes, right on the spot, due to brain activity and human will.

Now...you can read that story al day long, but the greatest part of this story, is the fact that what lead to this happening was me literally looking for salvation...i was going through a TERRIBLE time...and i felt #ing terrible man...i had always been a very happy person...so...REPENTANCE HAPPENED. NATURALLY. I am sorry , i am tired...but please, anyone who has had a similar experience...please call me ...781-913-2780

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Of course, when I say you must die, I don't mean you. I mean that which you think you are. I mean your ego-self

The ego has different meanings to different people. its not the Id but the self-centered mindset that needs correction so we are not totally absorbed in seeking sensory pleasures. Experiencing sensory pleasures (the apple) blocks light from entering our vessel.

Because we are continually tempted by the ice-cream men on television to buy buy buy for self happiness it is much more difficult to tackle our self-centered mindset than ever before.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
The polarized world. One church can have 2 different religions under the same roof.

One clinging to the soule trap as salvation, another seeing the return to the Source field. Almost by design these translated tales let the listener choose his path. By design you are sent back if need be, by design you are aborted from the Matrix, back to the omnipresent source field.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join