It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ego-Death & Rebirth, Salvation & Mysticism, Identity & Atonement

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This is a tough topic to tackle. It's very big. So rather than try to tackle it in its entirety I'll simply try to open it up to the floor.

You must be 'born again' in order to be saved. That means you must die. I mean, how can you be born again if you don't die first?

Of course, when I say you must die, I don't mean you. I mean that which you think you are. I mean your ego-self. It has to die and then be reborn in order for your deeper identity to come forth. It has to die so that you can see that the ego-self is just an illusion.

Ego-death.

Salvation is a mystical experience. Not a conscious decision to believe the 'right creed' at the 'right church' and say the 'right words' from the right translation of the Bible and make a few lifestyle changes. Jesus was trying to tell people that they have to achieve an altered state of mystical consciousness...'ego-death'...during which their identity is dissolved and united God. Then, their identity is re-assembled...'born-again'... as the altered state of consciousness wears off.

This is something that people have been doing for tens of thousands of years, since the early days of primitive shamanism. The ego is swallowed by the unconscious, torn into a million pieces...identity as you know it is dissolved... and put back together again by God.

"...the old has passed away, behold the new has come."

This doesn't mean a new paradigm or a new belief-system or a new attitude or a new religion or a new church or a good fuzzy feeling.

It's a whole new ego-self. It's an anomaly of identity.

It's mysticism. Not orthodoxy and dogma and conformity.

So if you are a Christian and you haven't under gone ego-death (you would know if you did) and you think you are born-again, you should think again. Filling a pew once a week doesn't cut it. Reciting some words and getting a warm fuzzy feeling and a pat on the back doesn't cut it.

Run to your church and ask your preacher why the church isn't showing people how to become mystics so that they can kill their ego, become one with God (at-one-ment), and be born again the way Jesus intended.

edit on 26-6-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Thank you so much for this info. S+F

2nd line.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I've experienced ego death a couple years ago, and I'm so glad I did. It was like a second chance at life. I'm sure a lot of people on this site have experienced it.
edit on 26-6-2012 by RightInTwo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule
The ego is swallowed by the unconscious, torn into a million pieces...identity as you know it is dissolved... and put back together again by God.

From my own experience I can vouch to the truth of this statement. In a true ego death all the projections of ego are systemically, literally disassembled in the mind's eye. All the seemingly infinite faces of the ego will flash before your Eye like a light speed film reel. They lash out in their desperate attempt to cling on, but the kundalini serpent will have none of it and will absolutely vanquish them in the fire. It is a very real, literal sensation.

I had a full blown, spontaneous kundalini awakening in the year 2007. The fire swelled and shot through my chakric conduit like a jagged lightening bolt and utterly dismantled all my blockages and ego forms. It was incredibly intense ; I was out of body for 30-45 Earth minutes and literally traveled beyond the veil and back through to other side. It was as though traveling through a wormhole. Inside the wormhole I saw my ego forms obliterated as though in a light speed reel, as I said, then as the kundalini exploded through my crown I became complete with the everything, became one with the All/God and witnessed a series of visions detailing alternate realities/dimensions that I won't go into.

So I would add to your post that the true ego death goes hand in hand, indeed is mandated, by the total kundalini awakening.
edit on 26-6-2012 by Qi Maker because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2012 by Qi Maker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Last year, during my apocalypse as I now call it, there was a 24 hour period where I felt completely dead, as if my soul had gone. It was a terrible feeling because I was still conscious (but so, so negatively empty). But after that day, I joyously cried at all the love I had been missing no longer -- I came back into myself, and it carried with it at-one-ment. I realized what was within me all along, that at-one-ment. It never left, it was always there. It was knowledge uncovered.

Now I'm not sure if one would call that ego-death, probably not, nor was it a kundalini experience, but I understand so much more than I had previously understood. Actually, it was more like lifting off the tarp of a vehicle that you left in the garage but completely forgot about, and then riding it out on the street once again, free and genuine. It was always there, revealing itself to me through most of my life in small spurts before I finally dove right in.

Whatever one would call that (awakening, apocalypse, revelation...), it lead me to the things I had always known about deep down inside. I lived as a monk, I asked to "know", and what I found was One, you am I. I don't consider myself separate of anything, but part of the fullness that is everything.
edit on 26/6/12 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

I would tentatively call it 'the awakening of the self'.

www.sacred-texts.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
here's a tattoo i have of ego death

some of the most terrifying experiences of my life ended up being the most beautiful experiences of my life.

one death always leads to another birth...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
bitchin'

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I was sort of expecting a small army of Christian fundamentalists to charge into this thread to assert that mystical ego-death & rebirth has nothing to do with salvation and is 'of the devil'.

/shrug

edit on 26-6-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

just give it a few hours.

either that or they have no idea what you're talking about and can't think of an argument.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD

just give it a few hours.

either that or they have no idea what you're talking about and can't think of an argument.

Maybe it's the latter. It's a shame that they aren't in here trying to learn. Death and rebirth is what Christianity is all about.

/shrug

edit on 27-6-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

no it's not.

christianity is about hating the gays, thinking you're superior and pointing your finger. (unfortunately, this is the idea most "christians" give others about them)

you can take your spiritual mumbo-jumbo elsewhere, amen.

the lines are so blurred, waters so muddy and masses so lost that the truth sounds less tangible than the lies we've all been told. your presentation sounds so far out there that no one's even gonna tell you why you're wrong.

sad, really...the truth sounds so crazy it's not even worth arguing, even to an argumentative lot.

father, forgive them...
edit on 6/27/12 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I like your style.

Yes I do indeed pray for their forgiveness.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Thanks for this thread and for the interesting youtube link! Happy New Year Mate!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Interesting. I have been through many near-death experiences.

Though it is scary to have everything stripped away, it also brings new enlightenment, and elevates us.

The less rules and restrictions on our heads/shoulders, the better.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

she took his gross grotty through her feet (her souls/soles)and expelled through her head,
they could have both died

amazing

'dance'........indeed........!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Great thread. It will be interesting to see the direction this thread takes... There are so Many are confused concerning these ideas.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This is an fascinating thread, so kudos for starting it!

I guess I'm just having a hard time wrapping my mind around it, probably since I've never experienced an "ego-death" before. Say if a person were to have had their ego shattered, I'm assuming it would be a complete life-altering change in their lives, and I assume they would recollect the exact moment and/or environment in which it happened, correct?

Edit: Or, perhaps, would it be akin to something like change occurring in a process?
edit on 1/17/13 by insightout because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Who is a better slave meant to serve a master, one with a strong ego, or one with a defeated ego?

edit on 1/17/2013 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/17/2013 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Meh.. the youtube videos are taken down

top topics

<<   2 >>

join