It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama declares national emergency?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Originally posted by Numbers33four
Obama is just covering all of the bases so he can try to declare some kind of emergency when his fake self gets thrown out by the voters. If he does not declare over this it will be something else. And if all else fails he will order the satanists in the CIA to blow something up.

Ah ATS, read a title and then comment. If you had looked into it at all or even bothered to read the though the responses you would have figured out that this was started by Clinton, continued under Bush and now Obama and covers protecting the funding of Russia getting rid of nukes per its treaty with the US.

If you pull you head out then you would know that none of them started it. They all follow CFR policy and all of this garbage is cover. But people like you fall for the lies.

But thanks for the (lack of) insight, Obama man.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Covertblack

Personally, I think he did this to prevent Congress from getting ahold of this and saying "no" to this payment unless they can add to it a bunch of "attachments" to their liking. It is a bit of forethought to keep this out of the hands of those who might use it against the President, as well as prevent the discontinuation of our nuclear agreements with Russia, which really really really need to be met, IMO.

Just my impression.
peace,
AB
edit on 26-6-2012 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
the whitehouse.gov site .. is down..

on 6/26/2012 @ 2011hrs ~!

ETA:Back up at 2014hrs

edit on 26-6-2012 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
how so russia has had nukes?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadowreborn89
how so russia has had nukes?

yes so russia has is nukes.

3rd.
edit on 6/27/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Covertblack

I think that Russia might be helping Iran out with its nuclear program, and might even be helping Iran build a bomb to use on Israel. That's just a guess - but my mom and I were talking about that possibility earlier today, and now I read this thread.
edit on 27-6-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
From what I understand, Obama merely extended a declaration of national emergency that was first implemented by Bush in September of 2001. Apparently Congress created a "National Emergencies Act" to try to keep a president from declaring a PERMANENT national emergency, so they only last for two years. Of course, NOTHING seems to prevent any subsequent president from merely granting an extension indefinitely when the current one expires.

So from what it appears to me, each president taking office pretty much has the powers of a king because of that declaration and it's extensions.

And, btw, ANYTHING that could possibly damage the office of the presidency or otherwise disrupt the government of the USA by definition can be covered as a "national security" issue with all of the protections (to them) that this implies.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
It just feels like we're right on the edge.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

That is the interesting part. What if they ARE helping build a nuclear weapon. In that case scenario they are selling us the old nuclear weapon material while they build new material.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Did anyone here actually read the order. As stated in the other thread on this subject, if you read the order you will see that the 'state of emergency' has been declared because of the possibility the US garnishing payments that ARE TO BE MADE to Russia in exchange for HEU. this garnishing puts at risk the agreement that has been in place for years. Meaning that If the US stop paying, Russia gets to keep its HEU which the US find unacceptable, because "russia is unstable" (hmmm more unstable than the US?)

Essentially its the Govs way of stopping someone from cutting the payments by scare tactics. nothing more

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Yes, that has already been cleared up.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Thank you MrSpad, I was wondering how long it would take for someone to point this out!

Funny how so many here on ATS read the title and then skip to the end of a thread to post what has already been said and repeated over and over again because they are too lazy to read the entire thread and this one is only three pages long at the moment!

How many times must it be said that this EO has been in effect since the days of Bill Clinton?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

time is money my friends, and as everyone knows, usually once you get past the first page, it's just not worth reading.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Jesus Christ, The president just initiated a stand up on all military for nuclear threat. This is used only when the United States is ready for war.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

In the Executive Order I have issued today, I find that the risk of nuclear proliferation created by the accumulation in the Russian Federation of a large volume of weapons-usable fissile material continues to constitute an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States. I therefore declared a national emergency to address this threat and to continue the blocking of all property and interests in property of the Government of the Russian Federation directly related to the implementation of the HEU Agreements.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TWISTEDWORDS

Without going into all the original agreements
USA and Russia agree to reduce the amount of nuclear weapons; it only takes a few to end life on the planet.
Russia agrees and is to receive compensation
Russia is not dismantling their weapons
Obama calls a state of emergency to seize Russian assets in the USA because they have violated the agreement
Or so I understand

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by redneck13

That's is true and you read it correctly, but this wouldn't have happened except for Syria and Iran. This is a declaration to Russia. Now we have to see how Russia responds. My hunch another Cold war just began.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TWISTEDWORDS

I think our next cold war is with the Chinese but they still need a couple of decades of spending
If Russia has monies in US banks, our lawyer president probably seized them

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Obama is just covering all of the bases so he can try to declare some kind of emergency when his fake self gets thrown out by the voters. If he does not declare over this it will be something else. And if all else fails he will order the satanists in the CIA to blow something up.

Ah ATS, read a title and then comment. If you had looked into it at all or even bothered to read the though the responses you would have figured out that this was started by Clinton, continued under Bush and now Obama and covers protecting the funding of Russia getting rid of nukes per its treaty with the US.

If you pull you head out then you would know that none of them started it. They all follow CFR policy and all of this garbage is cover. But people like you fall for the lies.

But thanks for the (lack of) insight, Obama man.

It is not insight it is the simple ablility to read. Go on give it shot. Dates and names are all their for you. Or get some to read to you. Whatever floats your boat.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Obama will do as George Soros says or his real birth certificate will surface .

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join