It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Big And Far Is That UFO?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Nice thread OP!

I'd really like to add something on everyone's behalf.....

It matters NOT what the laws of physics and/or perception of what this UFO phenomena mathematically equates to. That (essentially, this thread) way of observation is for the skeptics to try to comprehend something that is obviously out of the humans current state of comprehension.

What truly matters is the global awakening to accepting even the slightest possibility that these so called UFO's/Extraterrestrials/Interdimensionals etc. exist or may exist.

Your thread does deserve the S & F though, no doubt

edit on 26-6-2012 by WaKingLieFE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Nice advice. If this wasn't conspiracy-ville your information would probably be the most important info someone could read this evening. Alas, MSM don't care about intelligent thoughts on "high strangeness". I've never personally believed the camera - they do sometimes show the inevitable, but sometimes that judgement is a matter beyond the lens. S&F

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Great post, s&f. Very informative.
This definitely needs to be stickied and it would be great if you could add even more info about analyzing photography. I'd love to learn more and you are great at explaining.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

You needed to scroll down and to the side a bit to see that the thing you took to be a wing tip is a triangle not connected with any part of the aircraft the photographer is in. Not to say it isn't something 'shopped in or some kind of anomoly, I don't want to guess. But it does look interesting.

And BTW, great post! Had to edit to add that...

edit on 6/26/2012 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

This should be mandatory reading before going off the rails on any UFO post!
This is brilliantly done. Thanks for posting something so relevant to a forum like this.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
You want good UFO pictures this link is excellent some of the pictures are outstanding. www.ufocasebook.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

Thanks!

Actually I do have a couple of other thread ideas about lighting, light reflecting on objects, and some CGI information.

It'll be a bit before I post them however, as I want to make sure I have my ducks in a row first.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by wtbengineer

You needed to scroll down and to the side a bit to see that the thing you took to be a wing tip is a triangle not connected with any part of the aircraft the photographer is in. Not to say it isn't something 'shopped in or some kind of anomoly, I don't want to guess. But it does look interesting.

And BTW, great post! Had to edit to add that...

Actually, take another look at that photo: specifically the clouds. Follow them over to the left hand side. Notice how they are suddenly cut and gone where that dark looking "triangle" is?

that's with wing of the jet. The sun is reflecting off of it and is washed out in the picture, but it's hiding the clouds quite well.

That "triangle" is actually a wing pylon and the flaps on the wing are retracted. Here is another picture:

At least that is what it looks like to me. I've flown quite a bit and have sat just behind the wings many times.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I understand what you are saying and that picture you have posted might show some possibilities of the visible part of the wing showing in that previous pic. I don't know anything about that first picture I commented on, except that I think the edges are much too sharp to have been obscured by cloud. I am not saying the photo shows anything at all, just that I don't buy that explanation for that photo. I would sooner think that someone shopped that triangle in.

Also, the picture you have provided shows the "wing pylon" to be nowhere near where it would have to be in relation to the "object" in the first photo to explain it. My mind is open to the possibility you suggest, I just don't see it from the evedence abailable in this thread.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
These cows are small Dougal, those cows are faaaar away.... Small.... Far away...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

Well the only other thing I can offer is to zoom in on that triangle. If you look, you can see that the left hand side of the triangle is in shadow, just like a wing pylon would be with a wing over it.

Other than that, here is the picture after I've made it into a Normal Bump map (used with CGI for giving textures details). If you look in that corner, you can see something wide and flat is there, cutting off the clouds:

Again to that's what it looks like to me is all. But no, I don't think it's a triangle UFO either.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by fairguy
These cows are small Dougal, those cows are faaaar away.... Small.... Far away...

OMG....I think I just peed my pants laughing! Thanks for the share!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Thank you for this wonderfully laid out post. I've shared your frustration with people showing a lack of understanding of perspective and every topic you covered and wanted to do something like this myself but always got shut down on other boards when I tried to bring it up.

This is excellent! Wonderful job! S&F

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Definitely part of the wing. I think what's causing confusion for some viewers is the piece of wing that runs along the top edge of the frame is almost as bright as the clouds in the background...making it almost appear invisible...but it's there. you just have to look hard enough and you can see the trailing edge of the wing that obscures the rest of the object that forms the triangle

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Good thread OP.
I design a lot of imaging instrumentation. A couple of years a go I posted this thread:
ATS, A Method for Eliminating or Qualifying Known Objects by Using Background Stars and Other Objects
I figured it would be up your ally.
edit on 27-6-2012 by dainoyfb because: I fixed the link.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Hi, if you zoom in on the object top left you'll see it's NOT part of the wing. We sent the photo to Nick Pope (ex MOD) who says it is definitely a seperate object....but possibly a drone?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by tugslike

you mean Nick Hope everything is alien???

seriously hes turned into a jaimie M!

great thread OP

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Nice one s&f the other problem we have is when people make claims about speed of objects they see in videos the NASA shuttle videos are the main problem here, you get members claiming objects are leaving earth's atmosphere at high speed when in reality they are small objects crossing the field of view of the camera.

I have used some similar pictures in posts before to explain how you need lots of info to judge distance here is a couple of pictures to show that.

Two lenses of different focal length picture taken to keep foreground object the same size but look at the building.

This is a problem many of our ufo hunters on here don't understand.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Great post! Thanks for taking the time to post this, all the information was great and easy to understand. Definitely helped me have a better grasp on photos!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Absolutely amazing post, I was thinking the same thing when looking at people talking about UFO's next to the sun, and not only did you bring this issue up, you managed to sound completely polite about it and describe everything in so much detail it's just awesome. I even learned a thing or two! This post represents what ATS is all about.
edit on 27-6-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join