It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we enable our own demise?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Are we enabling our own demise? Because what I am hearing and reading, we seem to be doing so. So I am basing my question on what our proactive ACTIONS are achieving. Which aren't much because many of us ARE NOT PROACTIVE. I believe many of us have great ideas, we don’t follow through with actions. So, I would like to know what each of you are DOING in a proactive action for your cause. I am sure that I will be disappointed but I hope it sparks all of us to get energized to be PROACTIVE in our own lives.
edit on 26-6-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
You don't need the majority of people to be proactive to keep things afloat. In fact, we can only have so many proactive people before problems emerge!

We need the seemingly lazy people out there, too!

History shows that the few provide for the many.

Very few innovators out there, yet look how many are running on their ideas....

Anyways, I'm speaking with a patent lawyer next week for my invention. I built the prototype yesterday. Not a chance in hell you're getting any specifics, but I can give you generals.

It's honestly not going to do too much for society. It will likely increase productivity a notch through more than a couple of sectors, but it's not really what I want to make a mark for.

So if the patent lawyer sees no reason why it can't be processed through successfully, I'll get the "patent pending" label, and try to sell this off to a corporation for a cool mil or so.

That's when the fun stuff starts! I have a lot of ideas that actually can help out people...ease suffering types of things, but I need a lot of funds to experiment. So if I actually luck out and get a mil or so, I'm going to hire the brilliant eccentric friends I know, become a think-tank, and start blowing stuff up

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
You don't need the majority of people to be proactive to keep things afloat. In fact, we can only have so many proactive people before problems emerge!

We need the seemingly lazy people out there, too!

History shows that the few provide for the many.

Very few innovators out there, yet look how many are running on their ideas....

Anyways, I'm speaking with a patent lawyer next week for my invention. I built the prototype yesterday. Not a chance in hell you're getting any specifics, but I can give you generals.

It's honestly not going to do too much for society. It will likely increase productivity a notch through more than a couple of sectors, but it's not really what I want to make a mark for.

So if the patent lawyer sees no reason why it can't be processed through successfully, I'll get the "patent pending" label, and try to sell this off to a corporation for a cool mil or so.

That's when the fun stuff starts! I have a lot of ideas that actually can help out people...ease suffering types of things, but I need a lot of funds to experiment. So if I actually luck out and get a mil or so, I'm going to hire the brilliant eccentric friends I know, become a think-tank, and start blowing stuff up

Thanks for the response but the lack of responses is just cohevness to my original post. Many live the sad life but are unwilling to do anything about it.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

Honestly? I'm privileged. My parents are loaded. It would be much more difficult for someone to do what I aspire to without the support I've been gifted over the years.

I spent a long, long time sulking, and trying to figure myself and the world out. I battle depression and hypomania every day of my life.

Life isn't so black and white. Most people are oppressed in a variety of ways into not doing much. They feel and are disenfranchised. Try to give them a break.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

There is a grate book by jared m dimond about whether societes choose to fail or succed called collapse its about how humans make choices that enable their demise you might be intrested in reading it

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Most people I know don't have time to take on the world. It's so amazing that they can even take care of themselves or even (if they're superpowerful) their own family. You're acting as though living in this world is somehow easy or something? A lot of people in this world are lucky if they even live to 50 or know what it's like to not be oppressed. For some people it's a good day if they ate enough and slept well and got some food and water and the basics. They don't care what happens in India or Australia or some place in a far distant landscape. People can only handle so much. And even when they can handle themselves and others, they're still human and humans are mostly dumb.

The world ain't perfect. It never will be. It never has been. We will pollute and we'll continue to pollute. Species will continue to go extinct. Large tracks of topsoil will continue to deteriorate. Rivers will stay dirty and many others will just get dirtier. The list is long and morbid. If it's your goal to eradicate all these things then you'll never be happy because it's you against seven billion others. The best you can do, in my view, is to get your own sh** right and once you do you can give advice to others so it's not as hard for them to transition to a better way of living.

Stop being so self-righteous and worry more about yourself, basically. Unless you think you're a perfect human being? Are you? Do you think somebody can throw dirt on you? I bet somebody can. Are you republican? A democrat could probably throw dirt on you. Are you a democrat? Then a republican will throw dirt on you. An independent? Republicans and democrats will throw dirt on you. An american? Somebody from Europe or Canada or maybe even Afghanistan or China will throw dirt on you. There's generous helpings of dirt, more than enough for everyone. Everybody has their own vision of what this world should be and these visions are aligned with various political parties and think tanks or non-profit groups or clubs or membership circles. The moment you think you're Jesus Christ, somebody who thinks they're Buddha will stand up or somebody who thinks they're the Anti-Christ or somebody else and they'll give you hell (not literally, they'll just disagree on things).

Personally, the fact that we're not all spilling blood in a world war is a good sign. I think what we have now is about the best we can possibly do. It's terrible and could be so much better and fairer, but everything we have today was hard won and getting everybody to agree on what better means is a whole other challenge. It's a messy miracle, all of this. We're always only a few steps away from hell on earth. Lucky we aren't there. And we probably won't ever be, if people truly care about their own self-preservation. Fortunatley, most people are selfish enough that they would rather live than die. This keeps us from annihilating each other in defense of our separate and conflicting causes.

To me, everyday people are heroes because they do things that amaze me. And I realize so much that's in them is the very reason that anybody is alive on earth today. Amazing happens all the time! If you're going to discuss the negatives then you should also give the positives a fair accounting. Even the homeless in the US live better than somebody 100 to 200 years ago even though the average lifespan of a homeless man is about 49. Do you know how much food goes to waste each day in the US alone? Do you know how many clothes are sent to the garbage dump that could have went to a family? There's a lot of room for improvement but lacking resources is not really one of them. It just takes time for everybody to learn how all this works so things aren't wasted. The numbers are staggering and they hint we're not as bad off as some say we're. While jobless rates are pretty bad in some countries and they're dirt poor, these conditions are improving over time as nations expand their communications reach and resources become cheaper to both produce and transport and schools are built and crime is replaced with more productive outcomes. Bottom line, while a lot of things in this world look ugly on the surface, what you have to realize is that humanity will persevere anyway since people are fairly hardy and their will to live is stronger than their willingness to die and around every corner is something new to help us along in our journey.

I'd also like to say that if you're a millionaire, you can't imagine living without that money. But if you do live without it, while the money is tempting, you definitely know how to live without it. Life can be bad below the poverty line, but it's not always bad. People tend to appreciate smaller things when they have less money. This doesn't mean we should all appreciate smaller things, it just means that people adapt to whatever conditions are available. People living in poverty still smile and can still have enjoyment; is the point to take home. Educating people is probably the most important thing we can do, but we have to realize that money isn't everything and some people are more happy living as they're now than as they would if a first world country forced them to live as a modern people.

In fact, moving these poorer countries to a higher status may be bad for climate change since without an easy clean energy answer they'll most likely use coal and/or something dirty. And I think that unless the change comes from inside and in hte hearts of the people, it'll be ineffective. For example a corporation entering into a poor country to find cheap workers to produce a product for a first world country is not really going to improve the poor country unless it leads to more schools being built and educated NATIVE people remaining in their country and not running off to another country. (What happens a lot nowadays (as i understand it), is a sort of brain drain where the educated citizens will leave their own country and go elsewhere, thus causing their home country to require much more time to rise up the ladder of civilized society.) To some extent a lot of this cannot be changed. It's human nature for a business to exploit within legal limits. And it's human nature for a person to go where hte grass is greener. But is this what the natives really wanted? They're not really the ones in control because it's the overseas business man that came to their country looking for cheap workers. Thus, being exploitable as they're, how can their heart be in it? Perhaps it'll be like the dawning of industrialization when children were worked and overworking without pay was common. Perhaps the exploitation will hit a crescendo and there'll be a backlash as hte workers demand more rights from the corporations they work for. That's really when schools are built. People start to have more time to think and to organize their country towards more modern standards. If that's all true, ironically, the money they made while being exploited can be used to rise up.
edit on 27-6-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

that was beautiful man

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Yes, yes we do!

I know it's not for a lot of people, but there's a lot of truth to the whole Law of Attraction thing. The amount of negative thought pushed through every medium you can think of stunts the potential success of those in the free world, and many in the Third World are only thinking about surviving due to their own dire circumstances. It sounds callous, but we allow our lives to be controlled by fear, and as such, pain is what we get.

If the conspiracy theory underground stays in the paradigm of "We're all faaaacked!!" (to be fair, how would it survive otherwise?) then we'll find whatever we need to prove our points, because we think it into existence with every waking moment. It's why the devout have "proof" that we're in the End Times. It's why the unemployed feel there's no route of income or career prospects out there.

Of course, it's not as easy as "think and it will be". But inevitably, your thoughts are going to lead you to opportunities and obstacles, whether they are for the better or the worse. As we live in a society propagated by fear, anxiety, envy and above all the "status quo", it's easy to get locked in and always believe, and eventually live the negative. There's only one thing that can change this, and it can only be done on an individual basis. That's where the catch lies.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Forgot to add this: I discovered this video around December just passed. Some of you may have listened to it already. The fact that there's almost perfect synchronicity between these two tracks, for me, is proof that almost anything is possible. Call it what you will. I call it awesome, and so far 2012 has been one of the best years of my life.

www.youtube.com...

top topics

join